• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

All of the wanted FA don't want to come here due to PT and wanting to be in our core 

I dont get the wanting to be in our core thing..What does that mean? Most of these guys are just complimentary players..And thats what theyre going to be wherever they go..

Edited by terrell

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smells like more Warrior arrogance as if everyone can't see their smokescreens.

NFL teams engage heavily in pre-draft disinformation. NBA teams usually don't bother leaking obviously bullshit to reporters. NBA is some what more congenial than the NFL. But I guess Golden State in on mission, so many different laughable reports have emerged.

• Premium Member

So I asked my Dad whose basketball opinion carries heavy weight with me about Toppin. 

I was surprised that he was high on the kid. The one thing you always need on the court is a guy who can make buckets, he said. No matter what you have to be able to score and that includes having someone on the bench that can score.

But what about his minutes? His age?

Between center and PF there are enough minutes to go around for JC, Capela and Toppin. If Toppin really plays well it could make JC expendable to upgrade at another position. 

His age? Not a problem. My Dad doesn't hate old ass rookies anywhere near where I do. He doesn't like them but it doesn't put him off the kid. If the kid is the right fit that is all that matters, he said.

So I don't know how Supes got some kool-aid to my Dad but my Dad is fine with us staying put and getting Toppin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So I asked my Dad whose basketball opinion carries heavy weight with me about Toppin. 

I was surprised that he was high on the kid. The one thing you always need on the court is a guy who can make buckets, he said. No matter what you have to be able to score and that includes having someone on the bench that can score.

But what about his minutes? His age?

Between center and PF there are enough minutes to go around for JC, Capela and Toppin. If Toppin really plays well it could make JC expendable to upgrade at another position. 

His age? Not a problem. My Dad doesn't hate old ass rookies anywhere near where I do. He doesn't like them but it doesn't put him off the kid. If the kid is the right fit that is all that matters, he said.

So I don't know how Supes got some kool-aid to my Dad but my Dad is fine with us staying put and getting Toppin.

If you don't mind me asking, how old is your dad?

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Sometimes there are different perspectives from different generations of basketball fans.

Another brilliant observation from a Squawker. Lot of people forget that systems come, go and come back. Innovation and reinvention often fuels championship runs. Getting opinions from different generations can make a huge difference (basketball, business, life).

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Another brilliant observation from a Squawker. Lot of people forget that systems come, go and come back. Innovation and reinvention often fuels championship runs. Getting opinions from different generations can make a huge difference (basketball, business, life).

I agree. Sometimes too many young people in the room can go for unnecessary risks but while too many older people can be risk averse to an higher degree and sometimes they surprise you and are young at heart or very wise for their years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Interesting, Wesserman is pretty down on Hali but all in on Hayes, Maxey, and Vassell

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906298-2020-nba-draft-big-board-is-anyone-better-than-lamelo-ball

For the sixth pick, Hayes is it for me. He's the perfect blend of position of need, floor and upside. 

He's not perfect by far, but I feel he's the best pick for us.  

Sound defense, good offense, great passing. What more could you want out of a 6'5" PG/SG.  His catch and shoot numbers are worrisome but with a freethrow percentage in upper 80's I believe he'll be really good at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

For the sixth pick, Hayes is it for me. He's the perfect blend of position of need, floor and upside. 

He's not perfect by far, but I feel he's the best pick for us.  

Sound defense, good offense, great passing. What more could you want out of a 6'5" PG/SG.  His catch and shoot numbers are worrisome but with a freethrow percentage in upper 80's I believe he'll be really good at that.

It depends on who's available, and if we plan on grabbing another 1st rdr or not imo. This draft is deep at pg....

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

It depends on who's available, and if we plan on grabbing another 1st rdr or not imo. This draft is deep at pg....

It may be deep, but Hayes has positional value because he can play both 1 and 2 in my eyes.  Some of the other guards later in the draft can only play the one and don't appear to have Haye's vision and passing.  

I believe he's the second best passer in the draft after Lamelo.  There's a def a gap between he and Lamelo though.

Edited by marco102

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It may be deep, but Hayes has positional value because he can play both 1 and 2 in my eyes.  Some of the other guards later in the draft can only play the one and don't appear to have Haye's vision and passing.  

I believe he's the second best passer in the draft after Lamelo.  There's a def a gap between he and Lamelo though.

That's where I disagree, I don't think either Hayes or Hali are NBA 2s. Spot, sure but they are clearly PGs

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

That's where I disagree, I don't think either Hayes or Hali or NBA 2s. Spot, sure but they are clearly PGs

That's not what I said. I said Hayes can play the 2. In other words, I don't see him and Trae being on the court at the same time being a problem. 

I feel like that may be with Hali due to his size.  However, Hayes has the size and shooting to play the two along side Trae.

I didn't mean to imply that Hayes was better as a 2 guard. He's def a better point guard.

I cannot back this up with anything rational but I'm starting to just get a feeling Haliburton is going to be something special.  I know Vassell might be the safer 3 and D pick and Okoro the safer solid D with potential shooting, but dang there's something in Tyrese's game that just keeps me watching.

2 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I cannot back this up with anything rational but I'm starting to just get a feeling Haliburton is going to be something special.  I know Vassell might be the safer 3 and D pick and Okoro the safer solid D with potential shooting, but dang there's something in Tyrese's game that just keeps me watching.

His highlights are better than Hayes. But no one ever looks good in Euro highlights for some reason. Luka's highlights werent that remarkable either. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's where I disagree, I don't think either Hayes or Hali are NBA 2s. Spot, sure but they are clearly PGs

Hayes has the size, IQ, and wingspan to guard 2's (heck he can guard some 3's). He has PG skills yes but he can guard 2's.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

His highlights are better than Hayes. But no one ever looks good in Euro highlights for some reason. Luka's highlights werent that remarkable either. 

Haliburton's highlights better than Hayes? Agree to disagree there. Haliburton can't shoot off the dribble. Hayes has shown advanced ball handling and IQ at an early age. Has to get better with TOs but move young guards do. I wouldn't mind  Hali, but rather trade for Lonzo Ball if you can get him cheap, because that is what you are getting with Tyrese.

28 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Hayes has the size, IQ, and wingspan to guard 2's (heck he can guard some 3's). He has PG skills yes but he can guard 2's.

Haliburton's highlights better than Hayes? Agree to disagree there. Haliburton can't shoot off the dribble. Hayes has shown advanced ball handling and IQ at an early age. Has to get better with TOs but move young guards do. I wouldn't mind  Hali, but rather trade for Lonzo Ball if you can get him cheap, because that is what you are getting with Tyrese.

Lonzo Ball with a jump shot? Sign me up for that. 

• Like 2