• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Let the best man win. We need competition, not scholarships. 

That is fair but I have zero confidence that Vassell will be able to knock two of Huerter, Cam and Hunter to the bench.  Okoro I can see in a world where he becomes an elite perimeter defender and develops a jumper but I can also see Bembry2.1 (version 2 for many of the same issues but .1 for being slightly better).

You guys are higher on both of these wings than I am.  Vassell in particular will **** me off if we use the 6th pick on him and I'm not dramatically wrong on him.

I'd rather take BPA (where I don't think either of them will be BPA at 6) and sign a competent veteran wing for that competition.  Not hard for me to see Okoro and Vassell being below replacement level next year.  

This draft feels like 2017, where Philly traded up to #1 for Fultz. How does that look in retrospect? Who would have guessed Mitchell would have outplayed every guy taken ahead of him except maybe Tatum. Some guy projected to be a role player could easily end up the best player in the draft in three years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

This draft feels like 2017, where Philly traded up to #1 for Fultz. How does that look in retrospect? Who would have guessed Mitchell would have outplayed every guy taken ahead of him except maybe Tatum. Some guy projected to be a role player could easily end up the best player in the draft in three years.

I think that a sleeper to do something like this could be Tyrese Maxey. He's a 3 level scorer that also plays defense. He's downgraded only because he's a tad short, kind of like...Donovan Mitchell.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, parfait said:

I hope Hunter takes a step forward this year. But otherwise I see him as a backup combo forward, but one that still gets major minutes because of that versatility.

Yeah I can see that also.

28 minutes ago, parfait said:

But do you think he has enough of a handle to be a 2. He's definitely a wing. But I'm not sure his ballhandling allows for the 2 position per se.

Yep, that’s my biggest hold up with him.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, parfait said:

But do you think he has enough of a handle to be a 2. He's definitely a wing. But I'm not sure his ballhandling allows for the 2 position per se.

His handle and passing are not anything impressive for sure.  If he wants to excel offensively, he'll have to develop both of those areas of his game and start getting to the line a little as well.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

wing attacker.

Sounds like a job for...Isaac Okoro!

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I thought Trae's numbers would be better than that. 

Same here. He's such a skilled finisher. I suppose his floater numbers don't count as being around the rim.

3 minutes ago, parfait said:

Sounds like a job for...Isaac Okoro!

Same here. He's such a skilled finisher. I suppose his floater numbers don't count as being around the rim.

His percentile should probably be compared to other guards and wings. Bigs are always going to dominate efficiency numbers around the basket.

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whoever we draft at #6 will be a backup next season. 

Now we know that Trae is entrenched as out starting PG of the future and any pg we take have less of a chance of supplanting him as the starter going forward.

Can any of the other position players be good enough to eventually overtake one of our incumbments as the starter in year #2?

No one knows how well the draftees will adapt after their 1st year.  However, like you stated no one will unseat Trae in this draft & I dont see Haliburton having the overall skills & Athleticism of Reddish.  So imo he would always be a bench(maybe 6thman) guy unless a major injury happens to Trae or Cam. He would be a safe pick, but we do not need tobe safe.

Edited by Blunt91

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

wing attacker.

I'd like to see how they count the numbers.  Something doesn't add up.  I see the following:

Trae 0-3 feet:  59.6%; 229 attempts

Huerter 0-3 feet:  57.6%; 85 attempts

Hunter 0-3 feet: 59.1%; 154 attempts

Cam 0-3 feet: 54%; 126 attempts

How are these numbers so different? The attempt count is very close so the overlap must be extremely high.

I am highly skeptical of the numbers in that tweet.

• Like 1