• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Um,  I don't know how I feel about this. I like Antman, but Kevin is more valuable right now to me.

If Hawks like Culver that's about as good a deal as you're going to get to move to #1. The 2021 pick has a top 7 protection so that cushions the blow of losing that pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

They had an NBA mock draft on Twitter and Hawks traded to number #1. It went like like this, Hawks get #1 and Jarrett Culver, T-wolves get #6, #50, Kevin Heurter, Bembry, and a top 7 protected 2021 1st round pick. 

No way I’m trading our 2021 1st protected or not.

no way.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the major difference between Vassell and Okoro?

The scary good thing about Okoro is that he pretty much comes equipped with everything BUT a reliable shot. He's got a real good handle. He's got great passing vision. He can penetrate. He's an elite finisher, with either hand. And of course he's a shut-down corner. Oh by the way, he's also got the motor and work ethic to develop his shot.

Vassell doesn't have much of a handle, and therefore doesn't have much penetrating ability. But he's a top-tier team defender. Thus, some of his fans describe him as a poor-man's Klay Thompson. But Klay might be one of the greatest shooters of all time. So I see Vassell's peak outcome as a Kris Middleton, which would be real good, but not nearly the ceiling that Okoro has in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

I’m all in on vassell/okoro rn.

Do not want Haliburton at all.

I don't think it is wise to spend a top 10 lottery pick on a Backup PG.  I have it down to Toppin, Okoro or Okungwu if we stay at #6.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I don't think it is wise to spend a top 10 lottery pick on a Backup PG.  I have it down to Toppin, Okoro or Okungwu if we stay at #6.

My Big Board at 6 if they're available

1. Okoro

2. Avdija

3. Okongwu

4. Toppin

5. Vassell

1- Who do we want?  2- Who do we need?

Personally, I believe the Hawks greatest need is a back up PG.  Therefore I want Tyrese Haliburton...

What happened last season when Trae was out?  Usually, nothing.  Can't have nothing time.

:hi:

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Whoever we draft at #6 will be a backup next season. 

Now we know that Trae is entrenched as out starting PG of the future and any pg we take have less of a chance of supplanting him as the starter going forward.

Can any of the other position players be good enough to eventually overtake one of our incumbments as the starter in year #2?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whoever we draft at #6 will be a backup next season. 

Now we know that Trae is entrenched as out starting PG of the future and any pg we take have less of a chance of supplanting him as the starter going forward.

Can any of the other position players be good enough to eventually overtake one of our incumbments as the starter in year #2?

I think Okoro or Vassell could claim the SF spot within a year or two.

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

1- Who do we want?  2- Who do we need?

Personally, I believe the Hawks greatest need is a back up PG.  Therefore I want Tyrese Haliburton...

What happened last season when Trae was out?  Usually, nothing.  Can't have nothing time.

:hi:

What makes you want Haliburton over Hayes? 

I lean towards Hayes due to his better size, similar playmaking, and his free throw percentage leads me to believe he'll be a good shooter. 

I've started to like Okoro the more I watch his scouting reports.  His shot isn't broken, but it needs some work.  The free throw shooting scares me a bit too. 

Just now, parfait said:

I think Okoro or Vassell could claim the SF spot within a year or two.

I don't see that.  They both will be backups their first two years.  Kevin, Cam, and Hunter improvement will probably make them a backup.

• Like 1