• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AHF said:

At this point, I'm feeling pretty good that we'll be able to take any of Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, Deni, Toppin and Hayes with the further option to grab Okongwu or Halliburton.  All of those guys have enough promise and/or ability to contribute that I feel pretty good about it.

Not an Okoro guy?

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

He can't shoot.  I'll root for him if the Hawks pick him, but not being able to shoot is a nonstarter for me.  He was afraid to shoot the three in some college games which is a bad sign in my book. 

He's apparently improved his jumper since the season ended. Even confirmed it in his draft media day availability that teams came away impressed on how much he's improved in that area of his game. 

37 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

He's apparently improved his jumper since the season ended. Even confirmed it in his draft media day availability that teams came away impressed on how much he's improved in that area of his game. 

I'll have to see that in live game action. Not saying he didn't but being afraid to shoot is what concerned me the most.

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Not an Okoro guy?

His lack of a shot terrifies me.  If TS has confidence he will learn to hit his jumper then he is on that 7+ list for me.  But if I had to make the call he wouldn’t be on my draft board at 6.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AHF said:

At this point, I'm feeling pretty good that we'll be able to take any of Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, Deni, Toppin and Hayes with the further option to grab Okongwu or Halliburton.  All of those guys have enough promise and/or ability to contribute that I feel pretty good about it.

I'm right there with you. My top six at this particular moment is

Edwards 

Wiseman 

Deni

Toppin 

Okongwu

Hayes

With Ball and Hali at 7 and 8. 

Ball is a top 3 player, but I'm not high on him for the Hawks at all.

I'm not really a big fan of Hali, but would have to at least be a little happy just for @Gray Mule's sake.

Barring major improvements for Okoro, i don't see him ever averaging more than 10-15 mpg. 

• Like 1

If Edwards gets past Golden State I would move whatever the Hawks can and slide up to 3.  I don’t know if either scenario is realistic though.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Alex said:

If Edwards gets past Golden State I would move whatever the Hawks can and slide up to 3.  I don’t know if either scenario is realistic though.

I still think GS  is going to trip all over themselves to move down.   If i'm minny i'd still take him at #1.   He seems like the best fit of any of the top 3 guys there.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I still think GS  is going to trip all over themselves to move down.   If i'm minny i'd still take him at #1.   He seems like the best fit of any of the top 3 guys there.

For a long time I’ve thought Edwards was the best in this class and should be the top pick.  Minnesota has a long history of messing up and getting the wrong guy.  I could see them going Wiseman or something stupid still.