• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

My gut is telling me we draft Okongwu. Gives him 3 years to develop under Capela and then he's our Center of the future. Outside of the top 3 guys, I think Okongwu has the most potential.

My second guess would be a backup PG - probably Hayes, maybe Haliburton. 

Last but not least would be Okoro, just based on potential and his defense. 

I think one of these guys will almost certainly be a Hawk on draft night and I think we stay at 6.

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

My gut is telling me we draft Okongwu. Gives him 3 years to develop under Capela and then he's our Center of the future. Outside of the top 3 guys, I think Okongwu has the most potential.

My second guess would be a backup PG - probably Hayes, maybe Haliburton. 

Last but not least would be Okoro, just based on potential and his defense. 

I think one of these guys will almost certainly be a Hawk on draft night and I think we stay at 6.

If Okongwu is best player available, go for it.

Here's my big board though if we stay at #6:

1. Isaac Okoro

2. Onyeka Okongwu

3. Tyrese Haliburton

4. Killian Hayes

5. Obi Toppin

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

1. Isaac Okoro

2. Onyeka Okongwu

3. Tyrese Haliburton

4. Killian Hayes

5. Obi Toppin

Have we seen measurements on Okongwu?  I saw something posted over the weekend about him being shorter than expected.

• Like 1

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

1. Isaac Okoro

2. Onyeka Okongwu

3. Tyrese Haliburton

4. Killian Hayes

5. Obi Toppin

I'd obviously switch 1 and 2 but I like Okoro a lot. He's a GA boy so I'm a little bit of a homer on him lol 

I think Hali is better right now than Hayes, but I think Hayes has more potential. I wouldn't dislike either of those picks though.

Not a Toppin fan personally, but he's probably the most NBA ready of anyone in the draft. I just worry about how much more he can improve given his age.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I'd obviously switch 1 and 2 but I like Okoro a lot. He's a GA boy so I'm a little bit of a homer on him lol 

I think Hali is better right now than Hayes, but I think Hayes has more potential. I wouldn't dislike either of those picks though.

Not a Toppin fan personally, but he's probably the most NBA ready of anyone in the draft. I just worry about how much more he can improve given his age.

I have these guys (except maybe Hayes) pegged as players who'll be able to contribute right away. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On the lack of high-quality players in this draft: 

“I think there might not be the star power depth of this draft that we’ve seen in recent drafts, but as I say all of the time there will be good players come out of this draft. You just have to find them. We have the 50th pick in this draft, and there are guys we actually like down at 50. There might not be the household names, but we do think there will be some good guys for sure.”

“I think we feel pretty good about the top few spots — maybe not who’s going where but what players are going — I think this draft starts around 4 for us with Chicago and what they’re going to do. To say there’s more or less uncertainty, I guess at the top just because there’s not a clear cut, ‘This guy is the No. 1 pick.’ You could look at three different mock drafts and see three different names up there. It’s the same three names no matter what order.”

On the possibility of trading the pick

I do believe that if they received an offer that was what they were looking for, they would move the pick in two seconds. The problem is, from what I’ve heard, the offers just haven’t been appealing in any of the conversations they’ve had.

As far as his comments about trading up in the draft, in my conversations in the past few weeks, this always seemed like the lowest possible outcome. This would require the Hawks trading one of their young core pieces, which they’re hesitant to do unless it’s for an established player who meshes well with the core pieces.

“If I’m 100 percent candid with you guys, I think we’re going to pick sixth, and then we’re going to sit around and look at each other until we get to pick 50 and call it a night.

• Like 2

Hopefully this is true, we stay at 6 and pick one of Okongwu or Haliburton. I would go with the upside of the freshman over the sophomore but I would understand selecting Haliburton as I think the fit is great. Long term I think Okongwu might be the best guy on the draft so I would go BPA as always.

• Premium Member

This draft is so filled with good swingmen.. something we have a plethora of already.   I would like to see Avdija up close .  I don't think any of the good Bigs will be there... but I wonder....

If LeMelo is there when we pick... would you pick him?

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Diesel said:

This draft is so filled with good swingmen.. something we have a plethora of already.   I would like to see Avdija up close .  I don't think any of the good Bigs will be there... but I wonder....

If LeMelo is there when we pick... would you pick him?

I'd think about Ball hard and would definitely trade the pick if I didn't take him.  I think he is the one guy that could command a big trade from someone desperate to get him.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd think about Ball hard and would definitely trade the pick if I didn't take him.  I think he is the one guy that could command a big trade from someone desperate to get him.

At the same time, I think he's going to drop.  I would have thought that Milwaukee or Phoenix would have moved up to get him.  Not anymore.   

Edwards, Toppin, Okungwu and Wiseman has to be in the top 5. 

The real question is does Avdija , Okoro, Vassell, or Patrick Williams slide into the top 5 ahead of Melo.   Well, Looking at the teams needs.. I think that they can. 

If we still have the 6th pick.... when it rolls around, our choice may be:

LeMelo, Halliburton, Hamption or Hayes....

Ball could be good here?

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's either tanking his value on purpose or he's... not all there.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30321844/the-pain-promise-top-nba-draft-prospect-anthony-edwards

He needs to stop talking and his reps are doing a bad job!

• Like 2