• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

My choice.  Will be a great back up to Trae and able to play the 2 guard also.  Great basketball IQ and he can make his free throws!

😃

He only has 71 career Free throw attempts though..He rarely gets to the line.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, bleachkit said:

That's is the one thing that's a bit concerning. He is not a creative one-one scorer that will draw fouls. But he can do just about everything else.

You can be a playmaker off ball to though 🤷🏾‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

6. Atlanta Hawks

Tyrese Haliburton | 6-5 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Iowa State

This one also does not change. What I said then still stands this pick fills two legitimate needs for the Hawks. First and foremost, they desperately need a long-term answer as a backup point guard next to Young. Haliburton can handle that role, something that significantly hindered the Hawks last year if you look at Young’s on/off numbers. Second, Haliburton would absolutely excel at playing with Young. He’s a terrific shooter off the catch, having hit 41.9 percent of his 3s this season. Defensively, he’s somewhat weak on-ball, but he’s a monstrous team defender who constantly lives in passing lanes and is exceptionally reactionary to what happens around him.

The Hawks will also be in the mix for other wings such as Okoro, Vassell, and more. Also, teams have noted not to count out head of basketball ops Travis Schlenk in trade discussions, as he tends to be aggressive in making moves to acquire the exact players that he wants on draft day.

https://theathletic.com/2128239/2020/10/13/lamelo-ball-over-james-wiseman-at-no-1-in-2020-nba-mock-draft-version-8-0?source=user-shared-article

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Have they said when the draft is going to take place yet?

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NBA_draft

The 2020 NBA draft will be held on November 18, 2020. The draft was originally scheduled to be held at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, but will now be conducted at ESPN's facilities in Bristol, Connecticut, with it being held via videoconferencing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You don't like his form? His release has a release point makes it hard to block 

It's not quick. If it goes in, it goes in, but I doubt he'll be an off the dribble threat like that, and makes him easier to defend off ball too with closeouts.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC he shot it from the top of his head, this is more from behind his head.

I think it's the angle (low camera from the side as opposed to the overhead NCAA shots). Could be wrong.

Edit: I'll add I LOVE his defense, wish I could love the whole prospect tbh

Edited by TheFuzz

15 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You don't like his form? His release has a release point makes it hard to block 

Watch his feet while he shoots. He gets off the ground, ball goes back, hangs, starts to come down and shoots. This is all arms and wrists...no legs. There is no point of jumping if you aren't using that momentum to gain velocity on the ball. Shooting through the explosion makes the ball carry easy and is easier to guide. Shooting all hands and arms leads to fatigue and variance on the shot. This is terrible jump shooter form. https://www.google.com/search?q=proper+jump+shooting+form&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS919US919&oq=proper+jump+shooting+form&aqs=chrome..69i57.4143j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_dsGJX9jNPLGyggen6YQo15

1:30 of this video begins the best explanation of this I've found. 

• Like 2