• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

Just now, AHF said:

He is someone I'm interested in at 6.  I just think guys with Gwu (and Bam's) profile emerging from college frequently develop into useful big but almost never develop the kind of passing that Bam has developed.  The bigs who are outstanding passers usually flash that ability very clearly before the NBA.

There are two MASSIVE mistakes you can make in this draft class. Comparing Bam Adebayo to Onyeka Okongwu and John Collins to Obi Toppin. They literally have two to three traits in common. Just that alone. Big O has six traits in common with McDyess. Five with Favors. Obi has six to seven traits in common with Al Horford, six with Kyle Kuzma and four with Amar'e. 

I understand the comparison to some degree but they are not the same. They really don't play alike. Adebayo isn't the only verstiale big man in today's NBA or past tense. We have had McDyess, Favors, and some others. It's because Adebayo is a star is why but he's not like him. There are no indicators. KB, stop lying, your boy JJJ just literally had one of the worse defense RPM in the NBA this year and you were saying he's going to be a top 10 defender in year 2 in the NBA. He's even below my boy Bagley. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/position/6

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There are two MASSIVE mistakes you can make in this draft class. Comparing Bam Adebayo to Onyeka Okongwu and John Collins to Obi Toppin. They literally have two to three traits in common. Just that alone. Big O has six traits in common with McDyess. Five with Favors. Obi has six to seven traits in common with Al Horford, six with Kyle Kuzma and four with Amar'e. 

I understand the comparison to some degree but they are not the same. They really don't play alike. Adebayo isn't the only verstiale big man in today's NBA or past tense. We have had McDyess, Favors, and some others. It's because Adebayo is a star is why but he's not like him. There are no indicators. KB, stop lying, your boy JJJ just literally had one of the worse defense RPM in the NBA this year and you were saying he's going to be a top 10 defender in year 2 in the NBA. He's even below my boy Bagley. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/2/position/6

If you believe in that number, you need to be targeting Christian Wood.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

If you believe in that number, you need to be targeting Christian Wood.

I don't believe in it like that. Especially for role players. For players playing 30+. It's more accurate. That said, Wood's been on the RPM top 25 for several years. No reason to think he doesn't add value in general. Nearly 5 WAR, he's your bargain bin Harrell. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't believe in it like that. Especially for role players. For players playing 30+. It's more accurate. That said, Wood's been on the RPM top 25 for several years. No reason to think he doesn't add value in general. Nearly 5 WAR, he's your bargain bin Harrell. 

I'd rather have bargain bin Harrell at a bargain bin price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not a huge Wood's guy. He's the Kelly Oubre of bigs. He's very productive but at what cost. 

I'm assuming "bargain bin" means a cost savings of at least 50% of what Harrell will get.

Teams are worried about Edwards' drive and enthusiasm for winning, and according to a source, the Golden State Warriors aren't a likely landing spot due to these concerns.

Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC.

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven't won at any level, and that he even forgets plays and actions. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Teams are worried about Edwards' drive and enthusiasm for winning, and according to a source, the Golden State Warriors aren't a likely landing spot due to these concerns.

Despite media projections and upside that everyone acknowledges, he has a shaky reputation within NBA circles. Dion Waiters has been used by skeptics as a comparison or low-end outcome for Edwards, an inefficient scorer at Georgia whose Bulldogs finished 13 of 14 teams in the SEC.

Scouts and executives have mentioned that his teams haven't won at any level, and that he even forgets plays and actions. 

He's going to be the big slider. I was told Charlotte likes Wiseman more than Edwards but Ball more than Wiseman. Chicago is looking to trade down and Cleveland is targeting the best wing and like Edwards.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He is someone I'm interested in at 6.  I just think guys with Gwu (and Bam's) profile emerging from college frequently develop into useful big but almost never develop the kind of passing that Bam has developed.  The bigs who are outstanding passers usually flash that ability very clearly before the NBA.

I don't believe that Gwu or any big needs to be the same caliber of passer of Bam. If he can be elite at rim defense, keeping up with perimeter guys, rebounding, and efficient enough shooting touch, I think you are in a great shape.

For me, I agree passing is what makes Bam unique, but make no mistake, he is an NBA player because he is a big man that does big man things first and foremost. The passing is the cherry on top, and to be honest, it just helps cover up for the fact that he is not a threat at all from the outside.  

This is where a guy like Gwu or any modern big can close that gap. If they can take and make outside shots, then they don't have to be on the ball like Bam. 

For example, Jimmy isnt a ball dominant guy (by choice, because he can be if needed), so Bam, and others in their lineup initiate more for their offense. There aren't many NBA players let alone bigs that would be better offensive initiators than Trae, so taking the ball out of his hands isn't as appealing of an option. If Gwu can knock down shots, then he would compliments Trae's game way better than a would playmaking  big with no jumper, even if he IS elite. 

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm assuming "bargain bin" means a cost savings of at least 50% of what Harrell will get.

Do we think Harrell's getting a major payday?  I'd be surprised if he gets more than Woods now.

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's going to be the big slider. I was told Charlotte likes Wiseman more than Edwards but Ball more than Wiseman. Chicago is looking to trade down and Cleveland is targeting the best wing and like Edwards.

The concerns noted in bleachk's post are what I've been saying to squawkers for months.  Maybe I'm the 'source'? 😲

On a serious note, Edwards would fit so well in Cleveland considering they draft horribly.  

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Do we think Harrell's getting a major payday?  I'd be surprised if he gets more than Woods now.

The concerns noted in bleachk's post are what I've been saying to squawkers for months.  Maybe I'm the 'source'? 😲

On a serious note, Edwards would fit so well in Cleveland considering they draft horribly.  

Sexton, Garland and Edwards together. One basketball. What could go wrong?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I didn't think Harrell was worth more than $12 and still don't.  He's making $6, I figured he could get double at $12 at the maximum.  But we clearly saw his limitation in the Bubble (However, I don't hold the bubble performance, good and bad, as sacred, some strange things happened in there)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Sexton, Garland and Edwards together. One basketball. What could go wrong?

Whew.  That threesome would guard no one.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't think Harrell was worth more than $12 and still don't.  He's making $6, I figured he could get double at $12 at the maximum.  But we clearly saw his limitation in the Bubble (However, I don't hold the bubble performance, good and bad, as sacred, some strange things happened in there)

Yup.  Just ask Daniel House, but don't ask his wife😳

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910623-nba-draft-buzz-if-top-pick-isnt-traded-sources-expect-lamelo-ball-to-go-first

Wasserman claiming Wolves want L.Ball. Cant blame them if it's true, Antman is a really scary prospect to me. 

This is interesting from the articles, considering the difficulty in evaluating the draft:

2020 Trend: Extra stock into IQ, intangibles 

One scout brought up the notion that his team will be putting more stock into basketball IQ and other valued intangibles compared to previous years.

Teams are having a tough time identifying the obvious NBA talent in this draft. Worried about misevaluating it, they could feel more confident in drafting a player who makes good decisions, competes and brings a positive presence to their locker room—even if they don't possess appetizing upside.

Based on where certain prospects stack up on most draft boards around the league, overvaluing intangibles seems to be a strategy shared by other organizations. 

Okoro and Haliburton stand out as the posterboys for this conversation. Both are projected 10 picks and perimeter players who averaged fewer than 17.0 points per 40 minutes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is interesting from the articles, considering the difficulty in evaluating the draft:

I see that my man, Haliburton, makes this short list.  Smart, PG who can drop over to the SG position for a few minutes with Trae.  Playing behind Trae means that these Hawks would not die when Trae sits to rest a spell.  And, he proved in school that he can make his free throws !!

:smug:

• Like 3