• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honestly, just from the players being made available in the last week

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People have to remember, we have relationships with Nets (a lot of staffers), Warriors (TS, several members), Knicks (Rose) and a couple others. So when it comes to deals and the draft, we all work together. This is why some teams are preferred teams for trades. They are closer to each other and share more information with them. 

Best/smartest comment I've heard in a week. It really is a huge part of it behind the scenes...working relationships.

Edited by thecampster

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

What Supes is alluding to is there will be as many 25 players available between the end of the playoffs and the start of free agency available in salary dumps.

Ok good role vets right ????

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If that's all it took for Atlanta to move up, why wouldn't we just move up to number 1 and either take the best player or auction it off to the next highest bidder? 

2020 #6 and 2021 1st top 3 protected.

Because I think it would require more from Atlanta.

The 2021 1st top 3 protected from NYK vs it being from Atlanta would more than likely be viewed as a better pick from NYK based on where we are in our rebuild. We have Trae and are building up to win next season. NYK is still looking for their guy and would most likely be lottery bound again. So the 2021 pick from both teams have varying outcomes. Besides factor in that NYK also still has the Dallas 2021 pick, so they can willingly give up their own pick.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

That specific deal is a heck of a deal for Minnesota, IMO.  Don't necessarily love it for Atlanta.  Depends on how our board degrades moving from 6 to 8.  There are scenarios where the #27 pick isn't close to worth it, imo.

This  I don't think #27 alone in this draft is enough to move down 2 spots.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

lol..better - established players who were overpaid the last 3 years but solid rotation guys. Thaddeus Young is one name that will probably move (just as an example).

There are a lot more sellers than buyers. Some teams will not be able to move their player. Bulls might be left holding the bag on Thad

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There are a lot more sellers than buyers. Some teams will not be able to move their player. Bulls might be left holding the bag on Thad

Attach Lavine to him and bring them both to Atlanta. I'd be down for that. You might hate it though.  

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I think he'll be going in a salary swap. Like moving Young's 13 million per for a 6-10 mil contract...etc....I could easily see him moved to NY. If you use this tool https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2020/ and organize by "practical cap space" (last column). Its basically what teams would have given a $117 million cap and waiving all non-guaranteeds and free agents.

You'll see the bulls at a bit less than $9 million in cap space. I'm thinking they'll want to move Young for a lesser contract to free up a few more million and see if they can take someone else's 12-13 million dollar bad fit.

I could also see him packaged to take on a $20 mil salary...either way he's being shopped heavy come draft night.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Attach Lavine to him and bring them both to Atlanta. I'd be down for that. You might hate it though.  

I agree with you that Lavine can be a good player somewhere.  I'm not sure we're in a position to pay him 20 mill to come off the bench though.   And if he's starting that means that Cam/Hunter didn't pan out like we'd hoped.

• Like 1

While to me this is a strong PG class and a strong top 18 class. Trade wise this is how the class is: 

The More Pricey Jewels - We have no high clarity diamonds but we have expensive players called the Pricey 3. This is Ball, Wiseman, and Edwards. It's going to cost you a significant asset or two to get one of these players. Last year we had two high clarity diamonds and one super rare jewel only afforded to the most wealthy and extremely coveted (R.J., Ja, and obviously Zion). 

The Jewels - These are Kay's Jewelry players. They have good trade value and can strike you a future 1st as well as the pick swap. This is Deni A, Killian Hayes, Onyeka Okongwu, and Issac Okoro. There are people who think these could be future All Stars and are willing to trade up for these players. Last year, we had two of them (Garland and Hunter). 

The eye of the beholders - These players are worth a late 1st and the pick swap. No one is really trying to trade a future 1st in a stronger class for these players even if it's protected. Some teams can see these players being All Stars and what not and some can't but their value is largely based on the eye, not the consensus. These players are Obi Toppin, Tyrese Haliburton, Aaron Neismith, Kira Lewis Jr., Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams, etc. Last year, it was Coby White, Rui, Cam Reddish, Jaxson Hayes, Tyler Herro, P.J. Washington, etc. 

So if you are looking at just trade value:

Ball/Wiseman/Edwards

Okoro/Okongwu/Deni/Killian

Obi/Hali/Aaron/Kira/Vassell/Pat/etc

So Atlanta landed in a good trade spot. #6 wasn't bad at all.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Zach ain't getting traded. He was pulled off the market. They didn't like the offers. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think he'll be going in a salary swap. Like moving Young's 13 million per for a 6-10 mil contract...etc....I could easily see him moved to NY. If you use this tool https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2020/ and organize by "practical cap space" (last column). Its basically what teams would have given a $117 million cap and waiving all non-guaranteeds and free agents.

You'll see the bulls at a bit less than $9 million in cap space. I'm thinking they'll want to move Young for a lesser contract to free up a few more million and see if they can take someone else's 12-13 million dollar bad fit.

I could also see him packaged to take on a $20 mil salary...either way he's being shopped heavy come draft night.

If Thibs wants him. I know Dennis Smith Jr. is free free free and some. I don't know if they want to eat money to trade Frank. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If Thibs wants him. I know Dennis Smith Jr. is free free free and some. I don't know if they want to eat money to trade Frank. 

As he should be.  But who's gonna want to eat his $5.6 mil?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

While to me this is a strong PG class and a strong top 18 class. Trade wise this is how the class is: 

The More Pricey Jewels - We have no high clarity diamonds but we have expensive players called the Pricey 3. This is Ball, Wiseman, and Edwards. It's going to cost you a significant asset or two to get one of these players. Last year we had two high clarity diamonds and one super rare jewel only afforded to the most wealthy and extremely coveted (R.J., Ja, and obviously Zion). 

The Jewels - These are Kay's Jewelry players. They have good trade value and can strike you a future 1st as well as the pick swap. This is Deni A, Killian Hayes, Onyeka Okongwu, and Issac Okoro. There are people who think these could be future All Stars and are willing to trade up for these players. Last year, we had two of them (Garland and Hunter). 

The eye of the beholders - These players are worth a late 1st and the pick swap. No one is really trying to trade a future 1st in a stronger class for these players even if it's protected. Some teams can see these players being All Stars and what not and some can't but their value is largely based on the eye, not the consensus. These players are Obi Toppin, Tyrese Haliburton, Aaron Neismith, Kira Lewis Jr., Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams, etc. Last year, it was Coby White, Rui, Cam Reddish, Jaxson Hayes, Tyler Herro, P.J. Washington, etc. 

Ball/Wiseman/Edwards

Zach ain't getting traded. He was pulled off the market. They didn't like the offers. 

If we stay at 6

Give me Hayes, Deni, Okungwu, or Okoro(I worry about his shot, but dude has that Dog in him).........

Haliburton or Toppin as consolation prizes..lol

Edited by terrell

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

If we stay at 6

Give me Hayes, Deni, Okungwu, or Okoro(I worry about his shot, but dude has that Dog in him).........

Haliburton or Toppin as consolation prizes..lol

Okongwu is who I am projecting based on what I am hearing to be the 6th pick. That doesn't mean he will be our pick. Shit, we probably still trading it.

Washington, Boston, and San Antonio all have their eyes on Okongwu. Boston also is looking at Okoro and Vassell as well in a trade up. 

This one is looking more and more like New Orleans 2019 with the 4th pick.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu is who I am projecting based on what I am hearing to be the 6th pick. That doesn't mean he will be our pick. Shit, we probably still trading it.

Washington, Boston, and San Antonio all have their eyes on Okongwu. Boston also is looking at Okoro and Vassell as well in a trade up. 

This one is looking more and more like New Orleans 2019 with the 4th pick.

Then that #6 to SAS for #11/DeJounte Murray is looking possible. 

WAS doesn't have anything in trade value players wise. 

Not trading with the Pitts. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, warcore said:

Then that #6 to SAS for #11/DeJounte Murray is looking possible. 

WAS doesn't have anything in trade value players wise. 

Not trading with the Pitts. 

Murray would be available for Beal. Not so much for a pick in this range 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As currently constructed, 1 of Cam/Huert/Hunter already have to come off the bench. It's not a knock or bad omen for them. 

Harden was a bench player, JCraw was a bench player, Lou Will is a bench player. We will need firepower off the bench to compete, and in a perfect world that 6th or 7th man would be just as good if not better than some of our starters.

I don't believe in the ideology that being on the bench means you aren't good enough start or are some failure. I do believe in roles, total minutes, and who we trust to actually finish games meaning much much more than who starts on the bench.

No doubt.  I don't disagree at all but i think long term you just can't afford to pay a bench guy $20 million for the next 3 years.   Lou Will, the best bench player in the league, has his highest salary this year at $8mill.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ball/Wiseman/Edwards

@NBASupes you kill me with the different ranking systems you come up with. Every few days, it's something new, and half the time I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about. 

I think next week we'll see:

The cherries - We have no star fruits or kumquats but we have juicy players called the Maraschino Three. This is Ball, Wiseman, and Edwards. These are more highly prized than the more ordinary Bing cherry variety of players, but not as sweet as last year's two Passion fruits and one Mango (R.J., Ja, and obviously Zion). 

The bananas - These are the Chiquita players. They have good trade value and you'd be bananas to pass on them between 5-10. They're really good players, but they bruise easier than the cherries. This is Deni A, Killian Hayes, Onyeka Okongwu, and Issac Okoro.  

The apples and oranges - These are the players that you value day to day. They're the ones you go to work with everyday, your lunch pail type of guys. They're all at a similar level with each other, but don't you dare compare them with one another, because they're apples and oranges, you see? You aren't supposed to compare them. These players are Obi Toppin, Tyrese Haliburton, Aaron Neismith, Kira Lewis Jr., Devin Vassell, Patrick Williams, etc. 

The grapes - These are the rest of the first round players. Individually, they aren't much. They won't fill all your needs, but they're great in bunches. These are the guys worth taking a flier on in hopes the coaches can make a fine table wine with...

• Haha 4