Donovan Mitchell is why you don't pass on Obi Toppin

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Just because you have guys on your team doesn't mean you have to use your roster in a way that will put them at a disadvantage unless you think Lloyd Pierce is just that stupid....Don't answer that!  Toppin will go fine in this league.  Zion ain't the greatest defensive player either but I didn't hear you screaming to the Hawks not to draft him.

Its hype. If Toppin had the hype of the NCAA tournament, he would be seen as the top guy on here

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Zion doesn't play with Jrue and Lonzo? Zion averaged more assists than both of them in college too. He is a very talented player. Not just stats, but watching him gave me this impression he could play some SF. I don't like him just because he jumps really high. You. Are. Wrong.

Neither of them are Ball dominant like Trae who's usage is 30+

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Neither of them are Ball dominant like Trae who's usage is 30+

I didn't call them ball dominant, they're two guards that feature in their offense ( Lonzo to a lesser extent). Ingram I think has higher usage rate than both anyways, but the point is that saying Zion is has no playmaking skill is a false statement. 

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He knows this...Some people just like to make noise.  Zion was never see as a small forward prospect.

I thought he could play some SF, not full time. Zion at 280 isn't sustainable, my hope for him was to lose some weight to be able to play some SF. And again, I admitted it was hypocritical to be 100% in favor of a more questionable Zion. I already gave you an admission.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I didn't call them ball dominant, they're two guards that feature in their offense ( Lonzo to a lesser extent). Ingram I think has higher usage rate than both anyways, but the point is that saying Zion is has no playmaking skill is a false statement. 

I thought he could play some SF, not full time. Zion at 280 isn't sustainable, my hope for him was to lose some weight to be able to play some SF. And again, I admitted it was hypocritical to be 100% in favor of a more questionable Zion. I already gave you an admission.

Of the 2, Toppin would have more success playing the 3 especially offensively.

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Zion doesn't play with Jrue and Lonzo? Zion averaged more assists than both of them in college too. He is a very talented player. Not just stats, but watching him gave me this impression he could play some SF. I don't like him just because he jumps really high. You. Are. Wrong.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Let me say this for Supes' admiration of Bagley coming out of college.  Based on what we now know about Trae and Doncic, he was never going to be at that level.  Those guys are fantastic and at the upper tier of elite players in any draft.  

But look at what a healthy Bagley might look like:

image.png

If you could get someone who was a 21 and 11 per36 guy in his age 19 and 20 seasons but who was healthy, that guy might be a consensus #1 pick this year.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

Let me say this for Supes' admiration of Bagley coming out of college.  Based on what we now know about Trae and Doncic, he was never going to be at that level.  Those guys are fantastic and at the upper tier of elite players in any draft.  

image.png

If you could get someone who was a 21 and 11 per36 guy in his age 19 and 20 seasons but who was healthy, that guy might be a consensus #1 pick this year.

The best ability is availability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

image.png

Saying so-and-so "could be great if he was healthy" is the same as saying something like, "Ah man, if Giannis could shoot like Curry, he'd be unstoppable."  It's not reality so why bother saying it.

I get you were just trying to take up for ol' meany though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Saying so-and-so "could be great if he was healthy" is the same as saying something like, "Ah man, if Giannis could shoot like Curry, he'd be unstoppable."  It's not reality so why bother saying it.

I get you were just trying to take up for ol' meany though.

No it's not silly. Being healthy can be controlled. Shooting is a skill. Idiotic comparison 

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No it's not silly. Being healthy can be controlled. Shooting is a skill. Idiotic comparison 

Wrong.  You can try but ultimately it's left up to fate.

Or are you telling us Jabari Parker chose to have multiple ACL tears?  Or maybe Isaac wanted to be out for another season?  And I'm sure John Wall signed up for the Achilles tear willingly.

Conversely, maybe you're telling us Giannis is choosing not to shoot as well as Curry?