• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just don't see How BB is so much better than Huerter.  He is at his peak at 28.  Still not a full time starter with Sac.  Per of 15  Is that worth $72 mil dollars?

Exactly.

Here's a challenge.  Tell me the difference between what we can get for BB at his price and what we can get from Langston Galloway at a much lower price. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So when we move on from Bogi, any interest in trading for Doug McDermott from Indy to add to the bench.  He has 1yr/$7mil left....shot 43% from 3 on 4 attempts. His defense sucks though. Indy can send us a 2nd for taking him off their hands.

Korver still out there too. wonder if he has enough in the tank for one more year? Another good voice in the locker room and would be a $ shooter coming off screens with Trae for 10-12 minutes a night. Not nearly as splashy — but could be a good bargain signing. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's more about his experience and consistency. It's about adding additional quality depth.

I  think it's because the Milwaukee Deal for him failed.   And for some they mix him up with the other bog D. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So when we move on from Bogi, any interest in trading for Doug McDermott from Indy to add to the bench.  He has 1yr/$7mil left....shot 43% from 3 on 4 attempts. His defense sucks though.

I haven’t watched him much the last few years but can he actually guard wings?  Strikes me as being a poor man’s version of Gallo.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I haven’t watched him much the last few years but can he actually guard wings?  Strikes me as being a poor man’s version of Gallo.

He can't guard anybody. 😄

What about Shaq Harrison? I'm just throwing out names from the list.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He can't guard anybody. 😄

I don’t think we have any need for that with Gallo here.  Any minute we’d give McD should go to Gallo.

Part of the value for BB is just the scarcity of quality wings.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Korver still out there too. wonder if he has enough in the tank for one more year? Another good voice in the locker room and would be a $ shooter coming off screens with Trae for 10-15 minutes a night. Not nearly as splashy — but could be a good bargain signing. 

I think what's needed is a non-flashy pick up. 

We don't need to spend a lot of money on mediocrity. 

I could see us picking up Glen Robinson III on a 2 yr deal with the second year not guaranteed. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hope we get BB. Not if it requires a massive overpay though. Dont pull a Kent Bazemore.

I actually think that GR III would be a better player than BB.  Much Cheaper too.    2 year 13 million with the 2nd year not guaranteed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hope we get BB. Not if it requires a massive overpay though. Dont pull a Kent Bazemore.

Well, we can't massively overpay him. We don't have the cap for that. What we could do is SnT for him but it Sacramento wants too much aka more than Tony Snell and a couple of 2nds or a couple of 2nds and a TPE then Sacramento can have Bogi and deal with their cap situation. 

Just now, Diesel said:

I actually think that GR III would be a better player than BB.  Much Cheaper too.    2 year 13 million with the 2nd year not guaranteed. 

Glenn Robinson III is garbo. He's good in SL but terrible in the NBA. Torrey Craig is the only good remaining wing available right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is a real argument he isn’t worth it.  I think the dilemma for the Hawks is that this is their window to spend before they tie up cap resigning their own picks.  They see value in getting guys who are ready now not because they don’t think JC or Capela are starter quality today but because good teams have quality depth and they want to be a good team now.  At the wing, none of our young guys is as steady a contributor as BB is today.  So do you bolster that talent and depth by bringing him in?  Given the overall trend and scarcity of wings, my guess is they feel they won’t have a problem trading someone if they feel they get overloaded.  

And by the way, didn't Bazemore's numbers look eerily similar before we signed him to that big contract?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Glenn Robinson III is garbo. He's good in SL but terrible in the NBA. Torrey Craig is the only good remaining wing available right now.

Eh, they're different types of players. One can shoot, one can defend.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

GRIII Played 48 games, all starts, with the Warriors before being traded to Philly (14 games, four starts). He shot the 3-ball better for the Warriors (40.0 percent to 33.3), which might be attributed to getting consistent minutes, but was sharper inside the arc in Philly, shooting 60.3 percent. He’s good on the catch-and-shoot, with a very good midrange game but struggles to get his own shot. Career percentages: 45.9 (FG), 37.3 (3P), 76.8 (FT).

You don't have to try to devalue GRIII to make a case for Craig Supes.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Eh, they're different types of players. One can shoot, one can defend.

Torrey is actually 3 and D and one of the best at it in his quality range. Robinson is your typical 10-12th man player. Tony Snell is better than GR3

Edited by NBASupes