• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No need to offer Baze such a big deal when no other team can and will.  He's in the $6 mill territory if that much.  We can fill in the roster with lower priced option and keep our capspace for the trade deadline and/or roll it over to next season.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! I didn't say Baze.... I said somebody LIKE Baze.....

But on the real - don't we need to sign more to bring it up to the minimum? Or can we just sit as we are and roll with it?

• Haha 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

Bogi could want to be in Atlanta but if Sacremento can find a SnT team, they will do that. Otherwise they will just threaten us with matching

But if they match it then he cant be moved for six month correct?  That would be crazy but these are Kangz we are talking about, they would pull something like that.  I dont its smart for Pacers too for trading Turner too but that them.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Bogi could want to be in Atlanta but if Sacremento can find a SnT team, they will do that. Otherwise they will just threaten us with matching

They would match? They were just about to trade him, and they cant get out from under Buddy's contract, just gave Fox the max. Just drafted Hali with BB's departure in mind. Give them Bruno and the OKC 1st.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, warcore said:

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! I didn't say Baze.... I said somebody LIKE Baze.....

But on the real - don't we need to sign more to bring it up to the minimum? Or can we just sit as we are and roll with it?

LOL.

I think most of the guys who you should offer a big 1 year deal are more or less off the market now. 

We can keep it to start the season, and use it by the season's end.

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

But if they match it then he cant be moved for six month correct?  That would be crazy but these are Kangz we are talking about, they would pull something like that.  I dont its smart for Pacers too for trading Turner too but that them.

I think so and he can't be traded to the Hawks either since we tendered the offer

Just now, bleachkit said:

They would match? They were just about to trade him, and they cant get out from under Buddy's contract, just gave Fox the max. Just drafted Hali with BB's departure in mind. Give them Bruno and the OKC 1st.

Based on what my guy said before FA, he said they will but the Hawks feel confident so I rather believe them but the actions I see say my guy was right the entire time.

If Sacramento wasn't going to match. He would be in Atlanta right now. 

Sacremento wants what they want. This is starting to be a waste of time. Sign Torrey Craig and call it a day 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Then Bagley's deal is due next year.  That kills our big man depth. don't want that to be an issue this year again.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Based on what my guy said before FA, he said they will but the Hawks feel confident so I rather believe them but the actions I see say my guy was right the entire time.

If Sacramento wasn't going to match. He would be in Atlanta right now. 

Sacremento wants what they want. This is starting to be a waste of time. Sign Torrey Craig and call it a day 

Do you know if the Hawks made an official offer?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ultimately, this is all about the agent trying to maximize the amount he can get. In this SnT he could get a lot more.

Is this from your source or a guess on your part?

Also, looks like he could sign the offer sheet yesterday (November 21, 2020)

Nov. 21

• Free-agency moratorium ends, negotiations can begin (12:01 a.m. ET)

• First-round selections can sign contracts

• Minimum contracts (2 less years) can sign

• Restricted free agent can sign an offer sheet

• Third- and fourth-year rookie options can be exercised 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, warcore said:

Like Supes said - Torrey Craig still out there. Forgot about him. We should go ahead and snag him on a 1 year deal and just preserve our cap for next summer. Or Fall/Winter...

Tyler Johnson, Bryn Forbes, slim pickins.

Edited by bleachkit

2 more things that made me smile inside. 

1. Dwhine Howard thinking the Lakers were taking him back, tweeting about it, being wrong, having to delete the tweet, then sig ing with PHI for the minimum. 

3. TOR losing the admittedly aging Obama but hanging onto Mr. 41%. cRaptors'll still be solid but they're on the decline.  Screw em, it's out turn ( my 2021 motto)

#SEIOT2021

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really good scouting artlicle on Bogi.  I know we may not get him, but it's fair and worth the read about why the Bucks attempted to trade for him. 

https://premiumhoops.org/2020/11/17/analyzing-what-bogdan-bogdanovic-brings-to-the-milwaukee-bucks/ 

The biggest hypothetical surrounding how high Bogdanovic’s ceiling can go is over the playmaking. The majority of his assists in Sacramento were easy reads. With a more well-oiled offense with other players who possess gravity, will Bogdanovic’s playmaking reads become faster, and will he further leverage his mid-range ability to create easy looks for his team-mates. If this comes true, his ceiling is legitimate as a third-best player on a championship team, even with a lack of speed and burst. He will never be a fast player, but if his reads become quicker and more on the fly with the ball in his hands, the ceiling goes up. It will be intriguing to see how he looks with better team-mates. Regardless, he is an upgrade on the players he is replacing and he gives the Bucks an extra element of scoring as they aim to get Giannis over the finish line in the Playoffs.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Soth had an explanation something along the lines of you can be excited if you go to McD and they are offering a McRib but if the McRib isn’t on the menu then it isn’t that big a deal.  Shrug your shoulders and order your Big Mac and move on.

Yes, this. It was one of the best nicknames ever given to a professional athlete. Not to humble brag or anything.

We will be fine without the McRib. Sure, it would be nice to have one but 4 year/120 million for one McRib? We're good fam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2