• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

Chris Kirchsner of the Athletic's thoughts on the likelyhood of signing Bogi.

I think the Hawks are in strong contention for Bogdanovic. Whether or not he signs, I don't know yet. Things change. If I were betting, it would be the Hawks. As for Collins, because cap flexibility for 2021 is no longer a concern, they could get a new deal done with him and go over the cap. I still believe they will listen to calls on Collins, as they should, but they don't necessarily have to trade him.

I'm going to lower my expectations on this one though.

Also, factors in the Hawks favor, the NBA investigating the tampering situation.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Chris Kirchsner of the Athletic's thoughts on the likelyhood of signing Bogi.

I'm going to lower my expectations on this one though.

Regarding Bogdan, I have to wonder of the beat guys know something. Whether its Chris or the Peachtree hoops guys, they are all speaking with strange confidence as if he's already signed. Its weird but gives me some hope. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Regarding Bogdan, I have to wonder of the beat guys know something. Whether its Chris or the Peachtree hoops guys, they are all speaking with strange confidence as if he's already signed. Its weird but gives me some hope. 

I agree. Like whenever the Hawks signed Rondo, Peachtreehoops actually changed the banner to say we signed Bogi.  We'll see, I need to lower my expectations.

It's not like Bogi's a superstar or anything, but he'd give the Hawks so much depth (also secondary creation, shooting, and he's an average defender) and I feel that'll be key to the Hawks success this year.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If they knew something I'd think that person would spill the beans. All beat guys wanna be the first to "break the story"

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

If they knew something I'd think that person would spill the beans. All beat guys wanna be the first to "break the story"

I mean, Chris put out a story with Bogdan in the depth chart. That's pretty telling. The Peachtree hoops guys put out a salary cap note with Bogdan included. Not sure what more they could do other than out right announce it. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I mean, Chris put put a story with Bogdan in the depth chart. That's pretty telling. The Peachtree hoops guys put out a salary cap note with Bogdan included. Not sure what more they could do other than out right announce it. 

So what's the hold up? Are Hawks and Sac negotiating over terms of sign and trade? Clearly if they feel confident about a signing Bogi and Hawks agreed on a number. Beat writers generally aren't openly bullish unless someone told them something.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Beat writers generally aren't openly bullish unless someone told them something.

This is why I'm cautiously optimistic.  No idea why it's not done yet. Or why it's not announced. Maybe Bogdan hasn't agreed. Maybe they are looking at sign and trade. I dunno. 

• Like 1