• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solomon Hill signs one year deal with Hawks

gurpilo

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here comes @Peoriabird

tenor.gif :laugh1:

( the role of Peoriabird will be played by TheNorthCydeRises, whom I agree with on this issue. )

We need to stop with the small ball. We got killed on the boards going small. Houston has proven that small ball is junk science. If LP goes small, it just proves that he's not a good coach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Not a big fan of this.  Would much rather have Skal back than bringing Hill in.  Putrid offensive player - FG% less than 40% for his career (and I don't think his 3pt% last year of 36.8% was sustainable).  Ok and somewhat versatile defender but no future with this team.  One year minimum salary deal.  Why bother?

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

Not a big fan of this.  Would much rather have Skal back than bringing Hill in.  Putrid offensive player - FG% less than 40% for his career (and I don't think his 3pt% last year of 36.8% was sustainable).  Ok and somewhat versatile defender but no future with this team.  One year minimum salary deal.  Why bother?

Depth signing, and locker room presence. I think he understands he won't see playing time unless certain guys get injured/get COVID.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Depth signing, and locker room presence. I think he understands he won't see playing time unless certain guys get injured/get COVID.

Skal looks to me like he has the potential to be a long-term addition to the rotation and that he offers more upside as a fill-in player.  Skal's biggest worry is health.  Wonder if this means he won't be ready to start the season or something.  I view this move entirely from the perspective of Solo vs Skal.  That is a no-brainer to me unless Skal is still hurting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Skal looks to me like he has the potential to be a long-term addition to the rotation and that he offers more upside as a fill-in player.  Skal's biggest worry is health.  Wonder if this means he won't be ready to start the season or something.  I view this move entirely from the perspective of Solo vs Skal.  That is a no-brainer to me unless Skal is still hurting.

I think that it's a situation where Skal doesn't see where he'd get minutes or he wants more than Atlanta is offering.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I still think this means no Bogdanovic

Why would a minimum contract player make you think that?  

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Until it's announced that Skal has signed a contract else where, i'll hold out hope.  I think we can have 20 for training camp, so maybe Hill is NG.

I'd be thrilled if Hill is non-guaranteed but he seems like he is good enough that somebody should be willing to give him that.  He is better than Damian Jones, for example.