• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta says they are in for Kevin but he's been on the block at times for nearly a year if the price is very high of the player they are bringing back in a trade. 

Oladipo has been a mix bag this year. That said, I've watched all Houston games. In the last ten games, he is just different and looking like all star Oladipo. That's a player Atlanta been wanting. Some who can put pressure on the basket. The thing is, when Hunter is back, touches will get limited again for Huerter. With Oladipo, Nate can play his multiple guard lineup like he did in Indiana. 

If Nate cosigns and advocates for Vic, then F it. Pull the trigger. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Are you sure about this?  I know that if the Kings had matched the offer, there is an applied NTC for 1 year, this same rule does not apply to the Hawks as the team that offered the contract.  Or is this a real NTC written into his contract?

Just asking for clarity.

Not sure where he's getting that -- it's a 15% trade kicker which makes him difficult to trade unless Bogi agrees to waive it.

Are you sure about this?  I know that if the Kings had matched the offer, there is an applied NTC for 1 year, this same rule does not apply to the Hawks as the team that offered the contract.  Or is this a real NTC written into his contract?

Just asking for clarity.

I am not sure. I thought it went for Atlanta too. Either way, he's not on the trade block. @thecampster, does Bogi have a NTC for this year with us as well due to the terms Atlanta made on his contract?

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And just like with Milwaukee, that would be a big mistake playing the city and team cheap. You think it was worth it for them in the end to lose Brogdan just to have to trade assets to acquire Jrue because they missed having a dynamic PG on the roster?

Think about this instead of just paying Malcolm 4yrs 85 mil, it cost them 2 1sts, 2 more 1st pick swaps, Bledsoe AND George Hill just to acquire Jrue Holiday.

People say there is fear in overpaying a guy. But you end up overpaying in the end anyways trying to add from the outside. Better to retain and go over the cap, than have to jettison multiple assets down the line for someone that is marginally better if not virtually the same player.

hammer_hit_nail.gif&ehk=qHGVz%2B2HZXMhnj

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

kg's musings, brought to you by I.S.E.

- I must say, like Lavine, Derozan has opened my eyes this year.  He's a good player.  More balanced than I thought he was.  Sorta like the CHA version of Hayward.

- I still don't like lOladipo much.  Too some-timey and seemingly teetering on the edge of being injured.  The version of lOladipo we saw the other night is a nice player but that's not what he is every game anymore.

- Perhaps the best thing in this thread is ol' @sturt replying only to himself. 😆  Is you in or is you out, stu?

Check your PM plz.

• Premium Member

He won't plus his contract demands - pass.

How can everyone say this with such certainty?!?!?  I agree it's not the move we want to make but y'alls confidence this guy is going to keep getting hurt is unsettling to me

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure. I thought it went for Atlanta too. Either way, he's not on the trade block. @thecampster, does Bogi have a NTC for this year with us as well due to the terms Atlanta made on his contract?

15% trade kicker, the no trade clause to atlanta was only if the Kings matched.  99% sure of this but will research.

Yep Contract Notes:

• 15% Trade Kicker
  • 2023 Player Option
  •  

The main hold up was we signed him Nov 22 (not sure official date) and he couldn't be traded for 3 full months after (Feb 22). I believe he is eligible now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Keep sleeping on Tony. He's been putting his money where his mouth is. 

Just now, thecampster said:

15% trade kicker, the no trade clause to atlanta was only if the Kings matched.  99% sure of this but will research.

Yep Contract Notes:

• 15% Trade Kicker
  • 2023 Player Option
  •  

The main hold up was we signed him Nov 22 (not sure official date) and he couldn't be traded for 3 full months after (Feb 22). I believe he is eligible now.

It's obvious why he's not available. He would cost the Hawks major assets in a trade.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is what's being said. 

Actions will tell the story.

And I'm not an advocate of going into the luxury just for the hell of it, but when you avoid it like the plague at all costs (like the Buck and Brogdon) it's not a good look.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Any chance of us just renting Oladipo for the rest of the season in exchange for a pick or something?

OKC 2022 pick is available but what salary are you sending out to match his $21 million.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

How can everyone say this with such certainty?!?!?  I agree it's not the move we want to make but y'alls confidence this guy is going to keep getting hurt is unsettling to me

I'm certain it will be more likely than not he will be injured again. 😃

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta says they are in for Kevin but he's been on the block at times for nearly a year if the price is very high of the player they are bringing back in a trade. 

Oladipo has been a mix bag this year. That said, I've watched all Houston games. In the last ten games, he is just different and looking like all star Oladipo. That's a player Atlanta been wanting. Some who can put pressure on the basket. The thing is, when Hunter is back, touches will get limited again for Huerter. With Oladipo, Nate can play his multiple guard lineup like he did in Indiana. 

I don't know Kev seems to be improving  dipo will go up and down, and he's not that good of a shooter to play 2 guard esp in the playoffs IMO

The injury issue and price tag of his next contract are reasons to stay away from Oladipo.  Trading Kevin isn't my first choice, but it's not a deal breaker either.  

This season:

Kevin - 1.14 PPS

Dipo - 1.12 PPS

The difference is Kevin shoots at higher % but Dipo gets to the line more.  I just think Kevin is the better value given the assumed costs for Dipo and injury history.  In the 2.5 seasons Kevin has been in the league, he's played in 171 games. Over the same time frame Dipo has played in 82.  

Pass.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Keep sleeping on Tony. He's been putting his money where his mouth is. 

It's obvious why he's not available. He would cost the Hawks major assets in a trade.

He isn't getting traded mid season but for poops and snickers I'll play.

A trade for Bogdan would actually look something like 

Bogdan + Bruno

for

Insert big name player here between 20 and $25 million but on the down side of his career and/or expiring.

or Bogdan

for

1 12 million player + 2 2-5 million throw ins of which we'll waive 1-2.

No need for picks to exchange hands as Bogdan is a very good player but a bad fit here.

• Thanks 1