• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

but they know Maxey is really the player that's like the hostage. Philly values him but he's the hostage.

what do you mean? I don't understand.

Maxey is going into his second season - he has no leverage to ask out particularly since his NBA footprint is so small at the moment.  He should want to stay and take over as the starting PG.  He should want to forge his own path and not be tied to Simmons at all.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Klutch is saying they won't do business with Philadelphia if Simmons is stalled.

Philly also has to do what is in their best interest for their team. Morey may have been unreasonable in his ask but he still has the right to get the best deal possible for now and for the future of the  Sixers.  if that means waiting until December when more players who were signed in the offseason are eligible to be traded that's up to them I guess.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DAL is a new addition, they are in as well and willing to trade KP and picks for Simmons. 

Me, I'm persuaded that a deal that has these two as principals makes almost too much sense. Both teams are effectively in that same discontented boat. Now, it may be that a third team has to be involved as well. I'm just sayin.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DAL is a new addition, they are in as well and willing to trade KP and picks for Simmons. 

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Me, I'm persuaded that a deal that has these two as principals makes almost too much sense. Both teams are effectively in that same discontented boat. Now, it may be that a third team has to be involved as well. I'm just sayin.

How do you see KP fitting in next to Embiid?

Would Philly take a chance on another injury prone big?  

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His age, contract, and impact is hurting his value overall. I am told Philly prefers Norm Powell and Covington. Powell can't be moved till December. 

Philly basically wants to hold out till December but they know Maxey is really the player that's like the hostage. Philly values him but he's the hostage.

I guess I'm not following why this is hard with Maxey.  Aren't they just telling him he is a core player for them and that they are keeping him for the long run?  If Simmons is held out, won't they be giving Maxey a bigger role? 

Not sure why Maxey is like a hostage here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Based on my conservation today, Ben Simmons will be traded to the Portland Trailblazers in December for Norm Powell and RoCo. 

This one is really hard to swallow..

image.gif.82b501c61a3512af75cfbc9013892ddb.gif

But Philly would need a point or playmaker in return. It can’t be Maxey he’s a tweener. A ball handler would have to be in the deal. Norman and Roco aren’t playmakers they finish plays.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Philly also has to do what is in their best interest for their team. Morey may have been unreasonable in his ask but he still has the right to get the best deal possible for now and for the future of the  Sixers.  if that means waiting until December when more players who were signed in the offseason are eligible to be traded that's up to them I guess.

The other thing Paul could do is go out and issue his threats against the teams that want Simmons to get them to up their offers so Simmons can move on more quickly.  Really it doesn't have to be threats but he can be part of the solution by helping broker a deal that he can convince both sides is a win/win.

• Like 2

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Based on my conservation today, Ben Simmons will be traded to the Portland Trailblazers in December for Norm Powell and RoCo. 

With RoCo expiring and being an UFA after this season, that is pretty ballsy to deal basically for Powell for the longterm along with a partial season and Bird rights of RoCo.

For this season alone, however, I can see that working just fine for Philly.  A frontcourt of Embiid, Harris, Roco and Powell (maybe Powell plays some 2 as well?) would be nice.

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what do you mean? I don't understand.

Maxey is going into his second season - he has no leverage to ask out particularly since his NBA footprint is so small at the moment.  He should want to stay and take over as the starting PG.  He should want to forge his own path and not be tied to Simmons at all.

Philly sees Maxey as the future but it's a bad situation to have heat with his agent even if Maxey and Philly are on excellent terms. Maxey is the starter if Simmons is out.

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

I guess I'm not following why this is hard with Maxey.  Aren't they just telling him he is a core player for them and that they are keeping him for the long run?  If Simmons is held out, won't they be giving Maxey a bigger role? 

Not sure why Maxey is like a hostage here.

He is due to his alliance. If things get extremely messy, it can impact other clients with Klutch including one you value a lot in Maxey. Even though he would start, Rich is going to look at this as a red flag for Maxey as well which is what's going on behind the scenes. 

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is due to his alliance. If things get extremely messy, it can impact other clients with Klutch including one you value a lot in Maxey. Even though he would start, Rich is going to look at this as a red flag for Maxey as well which is what's going on behind the scenes. 

Maxey will be a RFA for the first time in 2024-25 so I would sweat that too much if I were Morey.  Got to get the right deal for Simmons as the priority, not making Paul happy.  Would be collegial with Paul and have the door open for Simmons to play.  If Simmons doesn't want to play, that is his choice and he can live with the consequences even if Paul takes a pay cut when Simmons loses his salary while he refuses to play.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do you see KP fitting in next to Embiid?

Would Philly take a chance on another injury prone big?  

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Now, it may be that a third team has to be involved as well. I'm just sayin.

• Moderators

So trademachine says Powell can't be traded until January 14,2022 i guess because his new contract starts 10/14?   I don't know if they are right. 

These seems like a modest haul compared to what they were looking for.  Still probably will make them better though. 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

With RoCo expiring and being an UFA after this season, that is pretty ballsy to deal basically for Powell for the longterm along with a partial season and Bird rights of RoCo.

For this season alone, however, I can see that working just fine for Philly.  A frontcourt of Embiid, Harris, Roco and Powell (maybe Powell plays some 2 as well?) would be nice.

RoCo is one of the most coveted player listed in the could be available players that teams want and PHI has had interest in RoCo. It's not shock RoCo has been worth Jimmy Butler, two 1st rounders, etc because he's one of the most valuable players that teams look for in the modern NBA. Those high BBIQ swingman who can play the 3 and 4 and shoot the 3 ball at a high level. 

Edited by NBASupes

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So trademachine says Powell can't be traded until January 14,2022 i guess because his new contract starts 10/14?   I don't know if they are right. 

These seems like a modest haul compared to what they were looking for.  Still probably will make them better though. 

It seems like the trademachine you are using is basing moves off of last year's start, not this years. Powell contract was signed in July. 

• Premium Member

For what it's worth... admittedly, not much...

A few years from now, I suspect the story will be told that the KD/Kyrie/Beard Nets ended up mirroring the D-Will/Pierce/Garnett Nets, ie, in terms of what they actually achieved compared to what too many had anticipated.

And the other part of that story will be how the Atlanta Hawks model of relative youth and greater depth was validated as superior to models emphasizing quick fixes.

Hollinger wrote that article about a week or two ago that more or less painted the same picture, so I'm not alone.

• Like 1