• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e471rj1lpa0p3gu2jge9z

Next thing you know, we gonna have cap breakdowns from me.  Nobody wants that.  That's why we stay. in. our. lanes.

Leave the funny stuff to the professionals.

Are y'all gonna be like this during the season too?

You can have it, just don't muck it up.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

You can have it, just don't muck it up.

Nah, I'm crossin' over to newsbreaker ....

First of all, that's the perfect face to be making when there are rumors you're gonna get dealt.

Second, @Spud2nique, this guy gonna give Luke Ridnour a run for his money for teams played-for before it's all said and done.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I'm crossin' over to newsbreaker ....

First of all, that's the perfect face to be making when there are rumors you're gonna get dealt.

Second, @Spud2nique, this guy gonna give Luke Ridnour a run for his money for teams played-for before it's all said and done.

Luke Rid is nothing without Luke Jax.. do you hear me? :angry2: :unsure:

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Welp, I guess I gotta keep being the news-breaker here ...

.. whew.  That stank emanating outta Loston ... well, stank on top of the normal stank ... is a serious BudCox vapor cloud.

You aren’t kidding.  And he isn’t even coaching these guys.  Ugly.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

You aren’t kidding.  And he isn’t even coaching these guys.  Ugly.

No worries, AH.  Loston fans think this positions them for that noice BealDeal.  Ya know, the one where the 'Zards take back Richardson, Dunn, Langford and a couple 2nds.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e477itr2yb5pc5hgjx9e84

Wait on that, Seeeeees fans.

@Spud2nique's guy Amin el Hassan went off on Loston and this idea that they're a championship organization.  Basically said that rep was made before the league's merger with the ABA where there were like 6 teams.

In the 40+ years since the merger, Loston has 4 titles.  3 with Bird and 1 during a fluke year with Garnett.  Yeah, I said 'fluke'.  Why is their title more legit than the Pistons' '04 title, which most people consider a fluke?

Conversely, the Lakers have won titles in every era of basketball.

And, don't get me started on the Bulls, who's history is very Clipper-like outside the Jordan years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pistons' '04 title,

I have respect for that team. They had chemistry with folks that people didn’t want. Billups was passed from team to team. Ben Wallace was an afterthought in the trade that brought him from Orlando and Rip was switched out with Stack.

The Celts of 08 were just a collection of all star who had been all stars all their careers and were brought together with the expectation of a ring.

Pistons 04>Celts 08 for me.

ps I do hate the Pistons too. Anyone remember that one annoying fan who used to bring a Dominique road jersey to the palace and proceed to beat it with a stick. I was like 10 but I think I still said “what an Ahole”.

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

:aaa: you said you guys used to share a coke at some water fountain at Georgia tech! :indifferent:

It was closer to sharing some coke at Georgia Tech. :heya:

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I have respect for that team. They had chemistry with folks that people didn’t want. Billups was passed from team to team. Ben Wallace was an afterthought in the trade that brought him from Orlando and Rip was switched out with Stack.

The Celts of 08 were just a collection of all star who had been all stars all their careers and were brought together with the expectation of a ring.

Pistons 04>Celts 08 for me.

ps I do hate the Pistons too. Anyone remember that one annoying fan who used to bring a Dominique road jersey to the palace and proceed to beat it with a stick. I was like 10 but I think I still said “what an Ahole”.

Let me elaborate.  I wasn't comparing the two in terms of quality or saying either was better or worse.  I was merely comparing them because they did not repeat.

A lotta people think that DET team was a fluke and only won because Kobe, Shaq and that Laker team was infighting.

Conversely, people talk about that Garnett-led Selltic team as if it was an all-time team that won multiple titles.  Typical northeast bias.

That team was good for a year then not that great.  It was not a super team any more than that Pistons team was.  That's my main point.

• Haha 1

My latest @NBASupes beef ...

So, since the SupeCast isn't out yet, I tune into Nate Duncan's podcast.  Offseason grades for the eastern conference teams.

On hour and 52 minutes?!?  Yikes!

No worries, Atlanta starts with an 'A' so Hawks're always first.  I'll just listen for the first one then bail ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e477cm4ea2yceiixayn2

First line of the pod ... "Let's do something a little different and start with the Wizards and work our way back .."

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rm04kb8qt3j8vgponu

See what you do to me, supes.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That's my main point.

No I know. I was just breaking the two teams down between each other. I also don’t believe the infighting of the Lakers. Karl Malone hit on Kobe’s wife? GP wanted more time? Kobe was fighting with his wife about the rape allegations of Denver the prior year? 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Karl Malone hit on Kobe’s wife?

That is pretty shocking.  Hitting on the wife of the team's alpha personality and perennial first team All-NBA star is just recklessly stupid.

GP wanted more time?

He played 34.5 mpg at age 35!  I guess he was used to nearly 40 mpg but that is also more than he played in his remaining 3 seasons.  Not shocking but a bit surprising he didn't work harder to mesh.

Kobe was fighting with his wife about the rape allegations of Denver the prior year? 

This would be shocking if it didn't happen.  At best, he cheated on her and at worst he raped a girl while cheating on her.  Neither of those are good things and being public figures mean this doesn't go away.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 1:56 PM, Gray Mule said:

Anything that humans build, they must first have the proper materials.  In building anything that we expect to last, first you must have a solid foundation.  In the bible we read about building on sand for a foundation and having a foundation of solid rock.

My question becomes:  Does Atlanta have a solid foundation for a great NBA team?  The Hawks have been down for a while.  Recently, they were picked #10 in the east.  That's a ways from the bottom but, am I expecting too much?  I am hoping that we make the playoffs and have home court, which requires #4 or better.  Heck of a distant from #10.

So many young players.  So many apparently good older players.  The very best health and fitness building and people in the NBA.  Home court, rebuilt, refurbished and shiny new.  And, finally, new ownership that wants to win.  They know about the NBA and presently has no infighting.  We've been there, done that.

Can we?  Is it possible?  Hawks haven't soared in a while.  They fly, beginning this month.  How high?

I'm a homer.  I want to believe.  Please, Atlanta, get er done !!

:sun:Tied for 4th and lost the tie breaker!

I now find that, for sure, the new Hawk team for last season did, indeed, have a solid foundation.  And, the same players that finished last season will be back for a new run.  This year's Skyhawk team will be alive and well over in College Park and will have some great players just waiting to move up.

:smug:

• Like 1

Ben Simmons

I keep saying this but it's the Wolves, Kings, and Cavs who are most interested based on previous conversations. Simmons likes Cleveland as crazy as it sounds. My guy been hearing interest from the Spurs of all teams. Outside of Murray and their new guys, Spurs have a lot of guys that could be moved. Dallas has been extremely aggressive as well but obviously to the ire of the Sixers. 

My guy was telling you all this was coming. Morey misplayed his hand and why with Ben Simmons who's extremely fragile of all players. He was never going to get 50 cent on the dollar but there were deals that was close. Now look at it. You now gotta move Maxey too. f***ing idiot. This is all Morey fault. No one understood what the purpose of those insane offers was for. People are laughing at Morey around the league. They knew they ruined their chances with Simmons making him their scapegoat but they wanted max value, how?

If I had to guess, I'll say the Cavs, Wolves, or Mavs. I just don't see people making the insane draft trade other than Cuban but they don't like Dallas offers. Don't count out Portland, Covington who hasn't been available could become available. This might be time to bring him back to Philly with McCollum. Preciously, RoCo was off limits, idk if he is anymore with Nance in Portland. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kings

I invented this trade. :indifferent:

ps Supes I’m playing 2K with the 97-98 Lakers with our boy Nick the quick, Shaq and a second year Kobe…who plays exactly like 2k21 Cam Reddish.

I know we’ve been saying this but when I think of Cam, nothing but raw star ⭐️. They both drive hella hard. I know it’s a game and I know Kobe is a goat 🐐 but another reminder of folks sleepin on Cam or wanting to trade him.. don’t do it.

• Thanks 1