• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Working theory from here is that the General is holding down the fort for now, waiting for the fall out from the Simmons deal and the possibility that some opportunity emerges from that to fill his last roster seat. Hard to predict what "fall out" is reasonable, but at least one somewhat reasonable expectation is that PHI will end up with one too many players to be able to continue to keep summer league superhero "B-ball Paul" Reed.

He might never amount to much on the big stage, but that's really all he has left to prove... he dominates when the opposition is G-league level. Against our SL guys, he and Maxey were more than we could handle.

If you were able to custom design what you want for that 15th slot, he probably checks every box, except that it seems likely he'd be able to find a guaranteed contract out there. Meanwhile, TS makes a lot of sense in wanting to keep that slot non-guaranteed in case a mid-season adjustment... in the case of injury internally, or surprising buyout externally, or both... becomes advantageous if not necessary.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ben Simmons

I keep saying this but it's the Wolves, Kings, and Cavs who are most interested based on previous conversations. Simmons likes Cleveland as crazy as it sounds. My guy been hearing interest from the Spurs of all teams. Outside of Murray and their new guys, Spurs have a lot of guys that could be moved. Dallas has been extremely aggressive as well but obviously to the ire of the Sixers. 

My guy was telling you all this was coming. Morey misplayed his hand and why with Ben Simmons who's extremely fragile of all players. He was never going to get 50 cent on the dollar but there were deals that was close. Now look at it. You now gotta move Maxey too. f***ing idiot. This is all Morey fault. No one understood what the purpose of those insane offers was for. People are laughing at Morey around the league. They knew they ruined their chances with Simmons making him their scapegoat but they wanted max value, how?

If I had to guess, I'll say the Cavs, Wolves, or Mavs. I just don't see people making the insane draft trade other than Cuban but they don't like Dallas offers. Don't count out Portland, Covington who hasn't been available could become available. This might be time to bring him back to Philly with McCollum. Preciously, RoCo was off limits, idk if he is anymore with Nance in Portland. 

He probably likes Cleveland, because its no pressure on him there..Nobody expects the Cavs to do anything..If they win, he's a hero, if they dont, who cares....lol

Just now, macdaddy said:

Simmons/Maxey for Love/Sexton/Okoro?   

I would love this for the simple fact that it screw up 2 franchises in the Sixers and Cavs in our conference. 12 teams to worry about now.. Philly would obviously still be better than some teams but I think with kg’s boy Sex they take a leap back into the process again.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 10:39 AM, AHF said:

That is pretty shocking.  Hitting on the wife of the team's alpha personality and perennial first team All-NBA star is just recklessly stupid.

You really find anything Karl Malone does to be shocking? He’s a trash person. I 1000% believe it 

Just got an update this morning. 

Philly is calling Klutch's bluff on Maxey. That said, Philly does realize they will likely have to trade Simmons and that he likely won't play another game with Philly. They come to that agreement. It seems like they are willing to hold out and want to see how things shake out. If they are getting picks, they want a lack of chemistry to get the best possible picks. He says the four teams that have the best shot at Simmons are POR, MIN, CLE, and DAL. Teams outside of the mix are TOR, SAC, and Utah. As of right now, the best players available are McCollum, Sexton, Porzingis, Hield, Ingles, Clarkson, and FVV. What would intrigue PHI is Fox, Haliburton, Siakam, Okoro, Mobley, Barnes, Lillard, Covington, Russell, and O.G. A. 

He basically said, right now, the current market seems a tad underwhelming compared to around the draft. This could be a massive miscalculation from PHI. They really didn't think Simmons would sit out and not report even if they knew it could happen. 

Based on what he is saying, he thinks PHI will wait till DEC to make a trade no matter what just to see what the best offer is at that time. Maybe someone is desperate and the picks have more meaning then. PHI is playing with fire because Maxey is someone they value a lot and this is really screwing up any potential moves for Simmons. 

I did not hear any details of Miami or San Antonio in the mix for Simmons. I've already said LAL and ATL are out on Simmons but both were in during draft season. Most of the teams who were in on Simmons still are in. DAL is a new addition, they are in as well and willing to trade KP and picks for Simmons. 

Almost forgot, Houston is a team that's also outside the mix but their limited in what they are willing to offer. I heard it's not much value. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What would intrigue PHI is Fox, Haliburton, Siakam, Okoro, Mobley, Barnes, Lillard, Russell, and O.G. A. 

Of course these players would intrigue Philly - instead they may have to settle for the guys in this tier - McCollum, Sexton, Porzingis, Hield, Ingles, Clarkson, and FVV.  They're between a rock an a hard place.  Morey's ask was unreasonable from the jump - now he has to figure out a plan that gives him the best possible return to actually 'help' the Sixers team as a whole now and or the future.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Of course these players would intrigue Philly - instead they may have to settle for the guys in this tier - McCollum, Sexton, Porzingis, Hield, Ingles, Clarkson, and FVV. 

Yep, they been getting draft picks offered as well. The biggest issue is three things

1. Simmons contract 

2. His fit in the modern NBA playoffs

3. His willingness to improve

It's really limiting his market. Honestly, PHI wouldn't trade Simmons if he wasn't completely done with Philadelphia. The market just ain't what they want it to be. Its loaded with non playoff teams offering B tier players and protected 1sts. MIN is the only teams willing to offer lightly protected 1sts but the value really isn't that intriguing for now. Maybe it will be in December. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This makes the most sense.

His age, contract, and impact is hurting his value overall. I am told Philly prefers Norm Powell and Covington. Powell can't be moved till December. 

Philly basically wants to hold out till December but they know Maxey is really the player that's like the hostage. Philly values him but he's the hostage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

While this is being said in public, in private, it's a different tale. Klutch is saying they won't do business with Philadelphia if Simmons is stalled. As of right now, TC hasn't even taken place. So the storm hasn't happened yet and from what I got, it will happen. Simmons is not going to be traded before the season. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, they been getting draft picks offered as well. The biggest issue is three things

1. Simmons contract 

2. His fit in the modern NBA playoffs

3. His willingness to improve

It's really limiting his market. Honestly, PHI wouldn't trade Simmons if he wasn't completely done with Philadelphia. The market just ain't what they want it to be. Its loaded with non playoff teams offering B tier players and protected 1sts. MIN is the only teams willing to offer lightly protected 1sts but the value really isn't that intriguing for now. Maybe it will be in December. 

1. Simmons contract - it makes it difficult to match salaries, I understand the dollar amount - it is what it is.

2. His fit in the modern NBA playoffs - if he's willing to not be the 'Poiny guard' he has a role, be the hustle dirtywork guy, setting and slipping screens for easy lobs etc, play closer to the basket, defend and rebound, he can grab a rebound and run with it otherwise set up close to the basket and as long as the team has shooters elsewhere he can fit.

3. His willingness to improve  - this is the biggest problem, so far in his career there isn't one thing you can say he as improved on.  He is playing on natural God given talent.

• Like 3