• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Fwiw and siap...

Good he deserved it. Now he can play more Minecraft or witch-hunt or duck 🦆 hunt whatever.

1 hour ago, warcore said:

O'Connor knew it was false information but he used it anyway cuz he's a pile of dog d!ck

I agree, pile of 🐒 💩 indeed.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 11:19 AM, Spud2nique said:

No but this is annoying... Drugs are bad kids.

This dude is just annoying me to no end. 🤦‍♀️ He talked crap about our organization a few years ago for passing up on him and still holds a grudge. John Collins please light this fool up tomorrow, he yaps a ton.

Edited by Spud2nique

Draymond Green is one of the greatest defenders I've ever seen play and he has a claim for GOAT to me defensively. Then again, most people understanding of Basketball is lacking. They look at stats. I look at impact. He is defensive genius but most people like defense that's obvious like Dwight in Orlando or Big Ben in Detroit. Draymond won't be valued by the media or the masses. Mainly just Basketball nerds like me.

I will agree that Draymond defense is more valuable in the modern NBA but he is legit one of the greatest defenders I've seen ever. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Draymond Green is one of the greatest defenders I've ever seen play and he's has a claim for GOAT to me defensively. Then again, most people understanding of Basketball is lacking. They look at stats. I look at impact. He is defensive genius but most people like defense that's obvious like Dwight in Orlando or Big Ben in Detroit. Draymond won't be valued by the media or the masses. Mainly just Basketball nerds like me.

Yeah, I think the issue is when people make claims like that, they are expected to be lockdown 1on1 defenders, and there are a lot of guys better than Dray at that (although to be fair to him he can guard every position at a high level).  His value is on-floor coaching, communication, help defending, always making the right decisions (on switches, doubles, etc.).  A lot of ppl were surprised when he got paid because he doesn't have high ppg but his value on defense is extremely high

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47ws1t9pettrpo6r04e

People know what "defense" looks like.  Stop assuming people just look at blocks and steals to tell them who's defending.

Maybe the proportion of ppl who know what defense looks like is higher on this board than your average NBA viewer, but most people understand defense as can you lock you guy down 1 on 1.  Why do you think Pat Bev had his reputation for being a good defender?  Russ quote on him is a classic for a reason lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I think the issue is when people make claims like that, they are expected to be lockdown 1on1 defenders, and there are a lot of guys better than Dray at that (although to be fair to him he can guard every position at a high level).  His value is on-floor coaching, communication, help defending, always making the right decisions (on switches, doubles, etc.).  A lot of ppl were surprised when he got paid because he doesn't have high ppg but his value on defense is extremely high

I agree. He's an elite team defender, help side defender, PnR defender, elite defensive versatility, and elite defensive BBIQ, elite communcator, elite feel for the game, elite feet, moves like a man much smaller than he is and his defensive instincts is GOAT. Now if you are looking for a rim protector, I can name about 100+ better. 

If you are looking for someone to get STOCKS, I can find easily better. 

But it's hard to find someone who can raise a defensive floor as good as Draymond. 

Big Ben, Rodman, KG, Hakeem, Deke, Duncan, Green, Russell, and Prime Dwight and when most of them lost their elite athleticism, they dropped badly but Duncan, Russell, Rodman, and Green still have elite defensive impact after losing some of their athletic ability.

He doesn't have a long peak like KG and he doesn't have the stocks of Hakeem but he's a much better defender than he gets credit for. He's as good a defender as Rodman who for some reason gets his fair due.

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47ws1t9pettrpo6r04e

People know what "defense" looks like.  Stop assuming people just look at blocks and steals to tell them who's defending.

Just from this site, we know most people don't know what defense looks like. There were Hawk fans on here who tried to say Sap was a better defender than Horford. That's when I knew this site was miles away from where they needed to be in understanding possession by possession Basketball and knowing what really matters when it comes to defense. 

Most got to obviously see it. Capela is an obvious defender. Gobert is an obvious defender. If they can't obviously see it. It's hard for them to get it. It's like I always say, people for the most part ball watch.

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Maybe the proportion of ppl who know what defense looks like is higher on this board than your average NBA viewer, but most people understand defense as can you lock you guy down 1 on 1.  Why do you think Pat Bev had his reputation for being a good defender?  Russ quote on him is a classic for a reason lol

Pat Bev is a good defender but yeah, he's not Jrue Holiday who doesn't have the reputation to the media or the public. Jrue is a legit superstar defender.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Sorry.  A guy who doesn't shut down the rim, isn't that great a locking down opponents 1on1 and who does nothing to carry a team when the offensive stars are out (i.e., his defense isn't so good that you can win games building around it) isn't the greatest defender in NBA history.  

He is a great defender and a fantastic guy to support other elite players who is well suited to the current era of basketball.

It kind of like the difference between Anthony Davis and the greatest player in NBA history.  It isn't that AD isn't a great player...it is that he isn't in that conversation.  (In fairness, Green is probably at least closer to the the conversation but it isn't that close.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sorry.  A guy who doesn't shut down the rim, isn't that great a locking down opponents 1on1 and who does nothing to carry a team when the offensive stars are out (i.e., his defense isn't so good that you can win games building around it) isn't the greatest defender in NBA history.  

He is a great defender and a fantastic guy to support other elite players who is well suited to the current era of basketball.

It kind of like the difference between Anthony Davis and the greatest player in NBA history.  It isn't that AD isn't a great player...it is that he isn't in that conversation.  (In fairness, Green is probably at least closer to the the conversation but it isn't that close.)

Agree agree agree.

Last year, no KD, no Klay, and basically no Steph, Draymond was a non factor. It's easier (not easy, I said easier) to defend when the other team has to work so hard on defense to stop you. When the pressure is on you to score just to keep up, when you make so many shots that you have time to set up your halfcourt defense instead of playing in transition, AND when you are next to all world defenders like KD, Klay, and Iggy (at the time) Bogut (at the time), etc...

If Draymond went to a rebuilding franchise for his entire career instead of a powerhouse, it would be a much different story for his career. Not saying he isn't good or even great, but not THE GREATEST EVER. And quite possibly not even the greatest currently. He has earned respect, but not ALL TIME status.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Draymond went to a rebuilding franchise for his entire career instead of a powerhouse, it would be a much different story for his career. Not saying he isn't good or even great, but not THE GREATEST EVER. And quite possibly not even the greatest currently. He has earned respect, but not ALL TIME status.

I have no idea why people choose to ignore this.  If he'd been drafted by the Kings or something, he'd've been outta the league years ago.  Genius(sic) and all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Kings or something,

Or us, we had him in twice and he keeps referring to that and calling us a bum franchise that won’t ever be good because we passed in him. Lol. Wonder if triple single playing tonight or ducking us like his step nephew Scurry. The karma gods are getting scurry back by the way for all those shimmy dances 💃 he did after making 3’s running back on D (or lack there of). This time he fell backwards into some metal stairs. I hope we beat them by 50! Their fan base is worse, even my friends that are knowledgeable and know ball 🏀 turned an ugly bandwagon typical fan now that they are downward trending. F the scrubs I hope they go down in flames 🔥.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Draymond Green is one of the greatest defenders I've ever seen play and he has a claim for GOAT to me defensively. Then again, most people understanding of Basketball is lacking. They look at stats. I look at impact. He is defensive genius but most people like defense that's obvious like Dwight in Orlando or Big Ben in Detroit. Draymond won't be valued by the media or the masses. Mainly just Basketball nerds like me.

I will agree that Draymond defense is more valuable in the modern NBA but he is legit one of the greatest defenders I've seen ever. 

"Help defender"..Draymond isnt guarding 1-5..lol

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He does help you in rim protection and he does make it hard as hell 1on1, especially in his prime. His defense is floor raising. Hell, we saw that just this year when he came back this year. He's a much better defender than he gets credit for. He is legit one of the greatest defenders to play the game.