• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

"Help defender"..Draymond isnt guarding 1-5..lol

He don't have to guard a guard, he just needs to be able to stick them on PnR to where the defensive player can recover who is guarding a PG and he makes it a lot easier to defender when he's telling you where everything and protecting you as well. 

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have no idea why people choose to ignore this.  If he'd been drafted by the Kings or something, he'd've been outta the league years ago.  Genius(sic) and all.

That's due to his offense more than anything. Not his defense. You could say the same about Rodman.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's a much better defender than he gets credit for.

That’s fine but he claimed to be the Muhammad Ali aka THE GREATEST of all time. That’s a slap 👋 in the face for us fans that watched Akeem (no H, OG here), GP, Alvin Robertson, Rodman, etc. 

I used to hate when we play the Pistons as Nique always had subpar games being guarded by the worm 🐛

Nah, Draymond needed attention is all. He was emo 🖤 at the time.

• Premium Member

Buyout season has arrived... but not sure there's any reason for anticipation we'll be on the court instead of up in the stands...

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-buyout-season-candidates/

LWR_Recording.png

Thinking any FA we would sign will be some guy not on HoopsHype writer's list. But almost needless to say, I've been coveting Dieng for weeks now. Hard to see him not signing-up with a higher-profile possible-contender team.

Not that interested in any other big on the list. because I see FT% as being such a pivotal issue--we have to somehow give McM a halfway-decent alternative if the other team starts the hack-a-Capela thing.

Whiteside? Checks the other boxes, of course, but not the FT% one.

So, who might be lesser names worth consideration?

Until the FT% thing began to surface as an issue, I was quietly cheering for John Henson, but not anymore.

I see three, but I'm open to other ideas of course... Skal... Noah Vonleh... and Bruno Caboclo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He does help you in rim protection and he does make it hard as hell 1on1, especially in his prime. His defense is floor raising. Hell, we saw that just this year when he came back this year. He's a much better defender than he gets credit for. He is legit one of the greatest defenders to play the game. 

That's an oversell, he's a great defender - that's it, just not in GOAT category.

It's just like you calling Torrey Craig a generational defender.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's due to his offense more than anything. Not his defense. You could say the same about Rodman.

Nah, Rodman did everything Draymond claims he does, plus led the league in rebounding multiple years.

He's a hall of famer in his own right.  Green is a hall of famer only because he won the luck draft.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Skal !  Also, the Kings released that Mutombo's kin.  

:smug:

Kabengele for me, Gray, is just too young... one of the required boxes is that the player be at least 25... which, indeed, Skal just celebrated his.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Kabengele for me, Gray, is just too young... one of the required boxes is that the player be at least 25... which, indeed, Skal just celebrated his.

What about your boy Bruno? Or do we just like him as a person? 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, sturt said:

HXtaSHfVbHDd3Ogt98wo=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

https://theathletic.com/2477363/?source=twitterhq

Gorgui Dieng, Grizzlies — Other players are getting more attention, but for me, Dieng is one of the best bigs available via buyout. I say that because he does the exact things contenders need — play defense and space the floor with his shooting — without any extra baggage. Certainly, he’s more comfortable doing these things than Andre Drummond or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Dieng is out of the mix in Memphis right now while the Grizzlies develop Xavier Tillman and Brandon Clarke, but he has a PER of 19.3 this season, and his advanced stats suggest he’s still a rotation player at worst.

It's funny.  Teams will be looking for Drummond and Aldridge to do the things Dieng is already expecting to do.

Drummnd and Aldridge will be looking to score and showcase themselves.  Role mismatch comin up.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 3/26/2021 at 11:41 AM, NBASupes said:

He does help you in rim protection and he does make it hard as hell 1on1, especially in his prime. His defense is floor raising. Hell, we saw that just this year when he came back this year. He's a much better defender than he gets credit for. He is legit one of the greatest defenders to play the game. 

You see the difference between what you just wrote and greatest defender in NBA history, right?

My post basically described him as the Anthony Davis of defenders.  Do you think Davis sucks or something?  Green is a DPOY and numerous All-Defense guy.  Most people here aren’t disputing that he was an impact guy in his prime but noting the gap between his prime and GOAT status.  

On 3/26/2021 at 3:18 PM, Jdawgflow said:

What are the chances we could get Dieng?

higher or lower than Spud fitting into his smedium shirt?

This isn’t boding well for your player comparison, you do know this right? Don’t make me give you a toothpick and make you 🐜  Miller I won’t even say what his nickname was but if you know then you know 😃 👮‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, Jdawgflow said:

What are the chances we could get Dieng?

Ps JDawg I just looked at your profile pic, you live in Georgia or the coke mountains 🏔 of Colombia 🇨🇴😂 beaver 🦫 dam sun 🌞 

Lush rolling hills! And the peat, ahhh the peat! 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps JDawg I just looked at your profile pic, you live in Georgia or the coke mountains 🏔 of Colombia 🇨🇴😂 beaver 🦫 dam sun 🌞 

Lush rolling hills! And the peat, ahhh the peat! 

What can I say.  I love nature!

• Haha 1