• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They earned the deals. We are going to use our two way on rookies from this college class. 

I hope they'll be consistent contributors to the team next year then. It only makes sense to do this if we're trying to save money on our bench.

Edited by ATLHawks3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Why not give them both 2 way deals again so we aren't wasting roster spots on unproven guys?

If I'm thinking this through to FAcy, if we renounce all FA capholds we'll have less than the minimum 12 players with guaranteed capholds so there are empty roster charges that count against the cap to make up that number.  That's the simple explanation I can think about.

If we do need a roster spot, we can release them or someone might be intrigued and want to trade for them. They'll probably have some small guarantees so they'll make some money if released.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I can see Goodwin having interest.  
I’ll survive if Lou leaves- someone like Derrick Rose to replace him and as a back up point would be phenomenal.   

Huerter and his defense and playmaking ability impressed me the most.   

OO might be the next Ibaka….

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

So a bit of dirt this morning.  In the offseason, Collins turned down a 4 year 90 million offer starting at just over $20 million for the upcoming season (why in my previous threads I put his cap hit at $20 million).

Word around the league this morning is his porous playoff defense (specifically again Tobias Harris and Milwaukee), hurt his value. Before this season, the league expected him to garner a max, near max contract. Now the 4 year, 90 million the Hawks originally offered might be his ceiling.

This could certainly be teams trying to push down his value, but even in the Hawks org they are rethinking "matching him at all costs".

Take this with a small grain of salt as its starting to be rumor time and the Hawks are on everyone's tongue now.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Also, JC could be moved in a sign-n-trade scenario. His agent has floated this as an idea to up JC's value.

Makes sense to me. Johnny Max really did turn into Johnny Medium during the playoffs. I would not be opposed to bringing him back for the right price, especially due to his leadership and personality, but I'm conflicted there because he really is a less than perfect fit for us considering roster construction. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Makes sense to me. Johnny Max really did turn into Johnny Medium during the playoffs. I would not be opposed to bringing him back for the right price, especially due to his leadership and personality, but I'm conflicted there because he really is a less than perfect fit for us considering roster construction. 

The conundrum with John is he posses most of the tools (besides lower body girth) to be an excellent defender but defense, especially post and rotation defense is something have to want to do, something you must learn to do. The conundrum is you decide John isn't your guy and he puts 25 good pounds on in the next 2 years and its egg on your face forever.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Schlenk has a challenging decision to make.It’ll be interesting to see how this situation is resolved.

It's not just Travis decision. It's Michelle, Travis, Tony, and others within the org. Travis is the final decision maker. Tony put the power in his hands. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It will be interesting to see how JC's perceived value fluctuates.  Once a handful of the top FA prospects lock in, I can see the shitty GMs scrambling to add good players and throw and overpay at JC.  I feel like every FA has that dynamic where you get surprised by a Toias Harris max, or a Wiggins max, Siakam extension max, etc. etc.  I don't know all of the teams' cap situations but there always seems to be at least 1 team ready to overpay to lock down a player.

This is why I love the offseason so much like @JayBirdHawk!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

The conundrum with John is he posses most of the tools (besides lower body girth) to be an excellent defender but defense, especially post and rotation defense is something have to want to do, something you must learn to do. The conundrum is you decide John isn't your guy and he puts 25 good pounds on in the next 2 years and its egg on your face forever.

Good points. One thing I fear if JC added that much weight would it rob him of his above the rim game, limiting his lob threat? Perhaps 10 to 15 pounds would be more realistic?

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, teams are going crazy over Richaun Holmes and SAC wants to keep him. Holmes team wants 4/80 and the market sees him  at 4/60 but SAC is trying to get a deal done. Many teams want Holmes.

Yeah, teams want Holmes because he is that unicorn defensive center that can play switch defense. And on offense he's got that nice consistent push shot on the roll from the short mid-range where he can get an easy and consistent 20 pts a night to pair with the lob threat. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It will be interesting to see how JC's perceived value fluctuates.  Once a handful of the top FA prospects lock in, I can see the shitty GMs scrambling to add good players and throw and overpay at JC.  I feel like every FA has that dynamic where you get surprised by a Toias Harris max, or a Wiggins max, Siakam extension max, etc. etc.  I don't know all of the teams' cap situations but there always seems to be at least 1 team ready to overpay to lock down a player.

This is why I love the offseason so much like @JayBirdHawk!

I like to know about other team's cap to see  who's in luxury cap hell and need to get under, who is close to it and don't want to go over, that way we can see who may shake lose that can help us.

• Like 2