• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We already have a big 3 with Trae, Cam, and Hunter. We are just waiting for Hunter to get healthy and Cam to take that leap. We have the three guys we know will carry the franchise. Okongwu could join as well. 

I would like to point out that most of our wins and our playoff run happened without Hunter and Reddish.  It’s strange to me that the entire board would rather have them than just about any player in the league.  
A lot to like about both of them, but Philly regrets not trading Simmons before his value went down.  I just don’t want to be blinded by love for our own guys.  Harrison Barnes had moments where he looked like a future star and GS traded him.  
I’m not yet convinced that Reddish and Hunter will both be All NBA level guys.

33 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I would like to point out that most of our wins and our playoff run happened without Hunter and Reddish.  It’s strange to me that the entire board would rather have them than just about any player in the league.  
A lot to like about both of them, but Philly regrets not trading Simmons before his value went down.  I just don’t want to be blinded by love for our own guys.  Harrison Barnes had moments where he looked like a future star and GS traded him.  

Is it a character flaw, maybe but I'm kind of in ride or die mode with most of our team right now. I'm not a Solo fan, I'm realistic that Gallo only has at most a few productive years left and I'm disappointed in Bruno but the rest of the roster I'm pretty high on. I'd really like to see Skylar get more development. I love that kid's fire.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Yeah, the other side of this is you trade them away and they reach their potential somewhere else. I'm not saying Hunter and Reddish are all NBA, but we should at least wait until their rookie contracts are up and re-sign them to see what we really have. This run was unexpected and has moved expectations forward, but I'd like to give our guys at least a couple more seasons to see how they progress before shipping them out for someone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree with the concept of not holding onto guys too long but, as I keep saying, there ain't no stars available anyway so I'm not sure why we're having this discussion anyway.

Burning off excess playoff energy.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hmm, so this is like the part where you sit back and have a cigarette?

Was it as good for you as it was for me, campst?

I mean the cigarette.  Get your minds outta the gutter.

😏

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

This is true but the Harrison Barnes part isn't true at all. 

There was never a time he flashed stardom. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

It definitely falls apart if no one is available.  I don't think Lillard would want to come to Atlanta, his skills are too similar to Trae.  It just doesn't fit.  

Also, this might not be the right offseason to make a move like this.  It could be next year or trade deadline.  OK, table this for now.

13 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

It definitely falls apart if no one is available.  I don't think Lillard would want to come to Atlanta, his skills are too similar to Trae.  It just doesn't fit.  

Also, this might not be the right offseason to make a move like this.  It could be next year or trade deadline.  OK, table this for now.

Your theories are sound and I actually think we all agree, so I didn't mean to shut down discussion completely.

I just don't see a difference-maker being available for a haul that wouldn't decimate the team.

So my vision going forward includes the roster as-is, for the most part.

But, if a star tries to exit his situation, I think the Hawks are in position to make a very attractive offer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, the other side of this is you trade them away and they reach their potential somewhere else. I'm not saying Hunter and Reddish are all NBA, but we should at least wait until their rookie contracts are up and re-sign them to see what we really have. This run was unexpected and has moved expectations forward, but I'd like to give our guys at least a couple more seasons to see how they progress before shipping them out for someone.

Worst thing the Hawks could do is blow it up. They have high ceiling young guys that helped the team achieve greater success than anyone expected.  Now is the time to hold on to them, watch them develop and see how far they can take the team.  If the team regresses as they get older, then we can have a discussion, but you don't trade away your young, promising players on rookie contracts before they have an opportunity to get better.  Just sit back and let the team marinate a little.  Any deals and moves should be on the edges, not from the core.  

To me, the core currently is:  Trae, Dre, Cam, OO, and K'von.  Deals that are done, if any, should include other players and should only be done if they are highly likely to make the team better in the postseason, imo.  Otherwise, just run it back with a few tweaks here and there. 

• Thanks 1

Seems like Sharife Cooper is popular among a lot of posters.  I think he is a good player but don't know if he is right for the Hawks.   I am not too concerned about his size as more of him thinking he is "The Man" already.   I don't see him playing behind Trae more than a year or two before he will want to start.  Watching his interview with Mike Schmitz I can just tell that even though he seems like a "Good Guy" he still has a bit of cockiness about him,  I don't see him playing 2nd fiddle to Trae for too long.   It would be similar to the Reggie Jackson when he got tired of playing behind Westbrook.     Oh yeah, he also unintentionally slighted the city of Atlanta.  Mike Schmitz asked him about his "Game" he brings to the court and he said something along the lines of I think I bring that New Jersey style of play to the court.  Cooper's family moved to Atlanta when he was 6 years old.  Better put some respect on the Atlanta & the state of GA.  

• Haha 2

I've said this before but don't think if Atlanta can't have a reasonable cost in mind that they won't trade Kevin to New Orleans for Kevin Huerter. They have had interest in Huerter for awhile and really want him bad. 

As I keep saying. There is a lot more interest in Kevin than JC even if Kevin is no where near as expensive salary demand wise. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've said this before but don't think if Atlanta can't have a reasonable cost in mind that they won't trade Kevin to New Orleans for Kevin Huerter. They have had interest in Huerter for awhile and really want him bad. 

As I keep saying. There is a lot more interest in Kevin than JC even if Kevin is no where near as expensive salary demand wise. 

Trade him to NOP for who?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Hawks are not trading Huerter to Keep Bogi

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks are not trading Huerter to Keep Bogi

Hawks can't keep everyone and Bogi is under a great contract. 

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Trade him to NOP for who?

10th overall pick.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks can't keep everyone and Bogi is under a great contract.

How is his contract great???   He will be 32 at the end of his contract and is constantly injured.  Injured 3 times this year alone.  I personally would choose Huerter over Bogi easily

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How is his contract great???   He will be 32 at the end of his contract and is constantly injured.  Injured 3 times this year alone.  I personally would chose Huerter over Bogi easily

I do too. But Bogi isn't worth shit on the trade block. Kevin outside Hunter and Trae has the highest trade value.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I do too. But Bogi isn't worth shit on the trade block. Kevin outside Hunter and Trae has the highest trade value.

Don't think we are in the acquiring asset mode anymore so neither trade value matters anymore.  Best team roster does.