• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

OO needs a lot of offensive improvement before I'm christening him the JC killer. Folks need to move on from that.

Completely agree. OO is here to play center. period. He has zero shooting ability outside of the rim so far. he has a looooong way to go before I would even think of playing him at the 4.

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Completely agree. OO is here to play center. period. He has zero shooting ability outside of the rim so far. he has a looooong way to go before I would even think of playing him at the 4.

Soth, comon now, you know as well as I do that I’m the rotation man and Camp is just the numbers guy. 

Don’t wanna have this be like the Trae thing where you went off on Schlenk then said a co worker talked you into it and not us.

OO has a lot more. Camp is sleeping on him.

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

OO will eventually be able to stretch to floor enough to play at the 4 - hopefully sooner than we think 🙂

Edited by lynred
Embedded video not showing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lynred said:

OO will eventually be able to stretch to floor enough to play at the 4 - hopefully sooner than we think 🙂

@thecampster 

21 minutes ago, lynred said:

@Sothron

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Soth, comon now, you know as well as I do that I’m the rotation man and Camp is just the numbers guy. 

Don’t wanna have this be like the Trae thing where you went off on Schlenk then said a co worker talked you into it and not us.

OO has a lot more. Camp is sleeping on him.

It isn't hating on a guy to say he's a center and has no range. It would be like someone saying OO is here to be the BU PG. Until OO shows he has range in actual NBA games he's limited to being a center. I hope he adds that to his game.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

OO is here to be the BU PG.

OVER THE LINE!!!! Comon Soth that’s extreme. You didn’t see the moves he had around the hoop? He was pretty smooth for a power forward not even a center. He’s no Gallo from outside but he’s got some touch.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

This is why I typically don't argue with fanatics. They only hear what they want to hear.  Saying OO needs a lot of work isn't saying he can't. Its saying he needs a lot of work and shouldn't be thrown in willy nilly and ditching Collins in just 3 months' time. I was clear just a few days ago that OO is considered a F/C. But that's a long way from stretch 4 and a long way from taking Collins job which is much more than just positional defense.

It's very easy to look awesome coming in for 10 energy minutes. Sustaining that for 32 minutes while knocking down 15-25 footers is a whole different animal. Getting those rebounds, blocking those shots when being drug 25 feet away from the basket is a lot harder than energy minutes. Give the kid time to grow.

Great post.  OO had no range in 2020-21.  He is clearly capable of developing his tools and can add a lot of dimensions to what he was this season.  But nobody should take that development for granted and with shooting range it isn't just the ability to make an occasional shot that is needed to be a stretch big but the ability to do that very consistently.  That is a long way from what he was this season.  Given that TS has staffed us with two 40% 3pt shooters at PF, I would venture to say he views that as an important part of our spacing so I think that OO will need a lot of progress before he can play on the floor with someone like Capela.

• Like 3

Seems like we worked out a kid that I really like in Josh Christopher. Good fit. Can play the combo guard role. Reminds me of a diet Donavon Mitchell. Although he is bigger than him. Needs work on his 3 ball and court vision but he is the perfect guy that can come off the bench and provide a Maxey/Terence Mann type role.  Plus on ball defender, great rebounder for his position. He's my draft crush at our slot.

• Premium Member

I want Ayo from Illinois. He's 6'5" with all the tools to be good to great at the NBA level. He'd be a great fit with our mix of guards.

Mrs. Sothron is a graduate from that fine institution. We don't miss their games. That kid can flat out ball.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Shams from the Athletic just said The league thinks Collins is a max guy…….we shall see what we do.  

Not sure how we replace him unless we put Hunter at the 4 and Reddish at the 3.    But Hunter’s knee is a scary deal.   I hope he’s not injury prone.  

A follow up to @georgia.

https://theathletic.com/2703448/2021/07/13/sixers-opening-up-ben-simmons-trade-talks-knicks-interested-in-collin-sexton-plus-more-nba-news?source=user-shared-article

Atlanta Hawks

Across the league, many believe Hawks forward/center John Collins increased his value as a maximum contract-caliber player during Atlanta’s run to the Eastern Conference finals. In 18 postseason games, Collins averaged 13.9 points, 8.7 rebounds and 35.7 percent 3-point shooting.

Dallas, Miami, San Antonio and Minnesota are among the teams expected to show interest in Collins, believing he could be attainable as a restricted free agent, sources said. Hawks owner Tony Ressler said after the season that he hoped the team reached a “fair agreement” with Collins. Will the sides find that threshold?

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Maybe I'm just drunk on what Paul Millsap was able to become... which is what John Collins was able to become...

Probably more optimistic attitude than actual reason for faith, but given his shooting form that was arguably what allowed him to be considered a top 5, not just top 15 talent coming out of USC... and a potential stretch 5. I have hope for Big OO.

And what numbers we have certainly allow for the plausibility.

2021-07-13_10-15-33.png

23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Projected cap room Accepting their options and waiving all free agents.

Dallas - $20.7 million (note: This means not resigning: THjr or Boban etc).

Miami - negative 4.5 million (note: This means not resigning: Olidipo).

San Antonio - $63 million (note: This means not resigning: DeRozan, Gay, Mills etc).

Minnesota - negative $26 million

Of all 4 teams listed, only San Antonio can reasonably swing this without Dallas finding a way to move Porzingis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

It's very easy to look awesome coming in for 10 energy minutes. Sustaining that for 32 minutes while knocking down 15-25 footers is a whole different animal.

No I still believe Okongwu can handle it.

• Like 1