• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not you too cagey. It’s possible I guess but it wouldn’t make sense. My boy CJ is a goner. I think CJ gets flipped to the Sixers and pieces for Simmons. Dame and Simmons, you heard it here first. 

:dance:

20 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Dame and Simmons can't play on the same team together, for the same reason Trae and Simmons can't, both want and need to have the ball in their hands to be fully effective. 

Good point but I’d venture to believe Portland would take such a risk and Chauncey would teach Ben how to be like the other Ben.. you know, 💪🏾 :afro:

Interdasting ...

If it happens it'll be the rare trade where, seemingly, both teams lose?

Also keep seeing/hearing suggestions that Tatum and Beal are trying to figure a way to play together.  'Zards might be finna hit the reset button in the next coupla years.

• Haha 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interdasting ...

If it happens it'll be the rare trade where, seemingly, both teams lose?

Also keep seeing/hearing suggestions that Tatum and Beal are trying to figure a way to play together.  'Zards might be finna hit the reset button in the next coupla years.

To get Beal it would cost them Brown plus more

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

To get Beal it would cost them Brown plus more

I don't get the impression Tatum likes playing with Brown so much.  Honestly, I never get the impression Tatum's in love with BOS as much as BOS is in love with him.  Jmho

• Like 4

• Admin
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I don't get the impression Tatum likes playing with Brown so much.  Honestly, I never get the impression Tatum's in love with BOS as much as BOS is in love with him.  Jmho

Can't imagine Wash being a better destination and Boston is NOT trading him 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Overrated.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, thecampster said:

Hawks other committed salaries through 2022. (RFA Trae, Huerter)

$71.67 million (Gallinari, Bogdanovic, Capela, Okongwu, Bruno, 1st round pick, 6 min roster charges).

Hawks other committed salaries through 2023 (RFA Reddish/Hunter)

$61.4 million (BB, Cap, OO, 1st (2021), 2 x 1sts (2022), $5 mil guaranteed Gallo, 5 min roster charges).

Hawks other 2024 - Capela and Gallo's 5 million fall off. 1 new draft pick). ...

2. That non-guaranteed year with a $5 million cap hit for Gallo is going to be a problem. It comes in Trae/Huerter's RFA season. Keeping him costs $21 million against the cap. Waiving him costs $5 million in the Trae/Huerter RFA contract year. Gallo is a luxury we can afford this year, but not next. I expect the Hawks to move him (intuition, deduction and rumor) while they can get back value. He is the biggest cap red flag on the team right now.

So no insider knowledge on that one it just made the most logical sense and now there's this:

"

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/timberwolves-pursuing-danilo-gallinari-trade/

Dane Moore: The Minnesota Timberwolves have been pursuing Danilo Gallinari from the Atlanta Hawks in the offseason trade market, sources say. Gallinari has two years and $42 million remaining on his contract. The second year (2022-23) is partially guaranteed for $5 million.

"

I talk all the time about purposeful media leaks to gauge fan interest on possible moves.  This is one of those. This information was purposefully leaked to Minnesota and NBA media with I'm led to believe Atlanta's approval. I'm betting this move gets made. Minny does it to see if its going to sell tickets, move the needle.  Atlanta does it to improve market interest in Gallo.

A Minny/Atlanta trade would look something like this:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzzkr3ok

Danilo out

Rubio/Okogie in

possible exchange of picks.

Expect Gallo rumors to heat up. I won't talk much more about this till I hear/know more.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So no insider knowledge on that one it just made the most logical sense and now there's this:

"

Dane Moore: The Minnesota Timberwolves have been pursuing Danilo Gallinari from the Atlanta Hawks in the offseason trade market, sources say. Gallinari has two years and $42 million remaining on his contract. The second year (2022-23) is partially guaranteed for $5 million.

"

I talk all the time about purposeful media leaks to gauge fan interest on possible moves.  This is one of those. This information was purposefully leaked to Minnesota and NBA media with I'm led to believe Atlanta's approval. I'm betting this move gets made. Minny does it to see if its going to sell tickets, move the needle.  Atlanta does it to improve market interest in Gallo.

Danilo out

Rubio/Okogie in

Expect Gallo rumors to heat up. I won't talk much more about this till I hear/know more.

I know you said you’re not going to say more but that is a terrible trade for us! I rather keep Gallo and pay him.

Rubio is not good enough to move the needle. We may actually hurt the teams chances to go deep in the playoffs moving Gallo.

again just a trash ass “possible trade” in my opinion.

Edited by JTB

Just now, JTB said:

I know you said you’re not going to say more but that is a terrible trade for us! I rather keep Gallo and pay him.

Rubio is not good enough to move the needle. We may actually hurt the teams chances to go deep in the playoffs moving Gallo.

again just a trash ass trade in my opinion.

I said something like that. This is in its infancy and may not end up Minny but this is the first media leak which is usually (and I believe it in this case) a first salvo.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Good take! Now that you mentioned it ….yeah sounds about right! He don’t seem like he’s all in with the Celtics but they’ll never let him get away.

LOL just his luck.

Just now, thecampster said:

I said something like that. This is in its infancy and may not end up Minny but this is the first media leak which is usually (and I believe it in this case) a first salvo.

Sorry! 

you’re “something like that” trade pissed me off….my bad lol

59 minutes ago, thecampster said:

"

"

Danilo out

Rubio/Okogie in

Gallo was - at times - the 2nd or 3rd best option during the playoffs. I just can't see trading him this off season for marginal returns. As part of a bigger deal for a legit starter? OK. But not for someone of Rubios or Culver's level.  That would be taking 2 steps back. 

22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Gallo was - at times - the 2nd or 3rd best option during the playoffs. I just can't see trading him this off season for marginal returns. As part of a bigger deal for a legit starter? OK. But not for someone of Rubios or Culver's level.  That would be taking 2 steps back. 

The deal as I wrote it is 2 players in the same cap space as was previously 1. Technically, its a cap saving move.  When you consider Rubio has 1 year left and Gallo has 1 year at full salary and another at $5 million guaranteed, it would be a move to create future cap space when you're signing Trae/Huerter next year. Basically clearing $5 million off the books for the 22/23 season. You also aren't necessarily holding on to Rubio the whole season either or not expanding it to a 3 team deal. When these first legit rumors break, its best to not attack it as crap until the whole deal surfaces. 

The real deal here is Minnesota has a real cap problem for a team that isn't winning consistently. They have to shake some things up and that will include sending draft assets, involving other teams, etc. If they waive every free agent they have this year but pick up their team options, they are still 5 million into the LT without a full roster. They're broken and will need to break things up. I 100% believe there are some legs behind this rumor and not just because it hit hoopshype today.

Edited by thecampster

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The real deal here is Minnesota has a real cap problem for a team that isn't winning consistently. They have to shake some things up and that will include sending draft assets, involving other teams, etc. If they waive every free agent they have this year but pick up their team options, they are still 5 million into the LT without a full roster. They're broken and will need to break things up. I 100% believe there are some legs behind this rumor and not just because it hit hoopshype today.

But thats kinda the thing.  It makes sense for MIN, not so much for ATL.

Like we'd be doing them several favors for not much in return.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I personally think Rubio would be a quality pg to backup Trae … good locker room guy, can run an offense and solid d … his shot isn’t great but that’s okay for a backup.

I don't. He doesn't have enough offense. We don't really have guys who can create without a playmaker. Rubio is a passer like Rondo but not like a playmaker who can create for himself as well. We need a scorer who's good at PnRs. Rondo experience pretty much soured me on the idea of Rubio. I'll rather a scorer who can run a PnR instead like Lou. 

Big O being out makes Gallo next to impossible to trade. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1