• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I tell ya I like Grant a lot. Two guys that play with heart are Collins and Grant. Ya I’d listen. What’s the deal though?

I would dangle Collins in straight up player for player trade but would send this year's first in order to sweeten the deal. 

Overpay, possibly but damn it's a nice fit.  Spacing, iso ability and another long armed guy in the lane that can switch defend. He can hit the boards too but focused more on being a pure scorer in Detroit. He can take over a game with his scoring. Trae will only make him better. 

Adding D Rose/Patty Mills and a sleeper like Javele McGee for matchups with bigger teams would help out a lot in the playoffs. 

This would be an even more dangerous, deeper team more poised for a deeper playoff run. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Everybody loves these bad team all stars...Its the same story every time.  If we can get player X to play with Trae, they would be amazing together so lets trade away the heart and sole of our team plus draft picks to Get player X.  We are guaranteed to be so much better. 

Lord have mercy🤦‍♂️

Grant killed us every game we played him... He's a problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He had a hot month, pedestrian after.

Collins and a 1st for Grant? Crazy talk.

Player Comparison:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=grantje01&p1yrfrom=2021&player_id2=collijo01&p2yrfrom=2021

Grant really cooled after a hot start.  And, despite him killin us, DET stunk out loud despite his best efforts.

I like him though. I just think he gets overrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man .. I mean, Guuurl, we lucked out that our guys have contributed to winning before having to pay them.

Imagine being CLE and having to pay Sexton and Allen.  Yikes 

Lol.

Yep. And the difficilty with the Cavs is they don't have a very pretty cap sheet. They sign their #3 pick for $8 mil, Allen's caphold of $12 mil leaves them with no capspace. That's why they need to move Love.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.

Yep. And the difficilty with the Cavs is they don't have a very pretty cap sheet. They sign their #3 pick for $8 mil, Allen's caphold of $12 mil leaves them with no capspace. That's why they need to move Love.

Haha.  Also probably Sexton is "available ".

And there's a thread on Cavsfans titled, "Kobi Altman nailed the rebuild".  Yikes

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

The only advantage to having Grant is that he's another playmaker and on what will likely be a ~$5M cheaper contract than Collins.  I would much rather keep Collins in this hypothetical -- he was drafted here and is a good locker room guy to have around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The only advantage to having Grant is that he's another playmaker and on what will likely be a ~$5M cheaper contract than Collins.  I would much rather keep Collins in this hypothetical -- he was drafted here and is a good locker room guy to have around.

Not only that Collins is more efficient shooter than grant and just a better one all around . Grant is better defensively but I think the isolation and playmaking credit he’s getting is a bit too much.

collins is the better of the two honestly for this team.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not only that Collins is more efficient shooter than grant and just a better one all around . Grant is better defensively but I think the isolation and playmaking credit he’s getting is a bit too much.

collins is the better of the two honestly for this team.

Yeah, Collins fit is definitely better, we don't O.K iso players.  I will say Grant's shooting efficiency is probably a lot lower statistically than it would be playing for us as a ~3rd option guy.  Detroit has no idea what they're doing up there

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gHost83 said:

I would dangle Collins in straight up player for player trade but would send this year's first in order to sweeten the deal. 

Overpay, possibly but damn it's a nice fit.  Spacing, iso ability and another long armed guy in the lane that can switch defend. He can hit the boards too but focused more on being a pure scorer in Detroit. He can take over a game with his scoring. Trae will only make him better. 

Adding D Rose/Patty Mills and a sleeper like Javele McGee for matchups with bigger teams would help out a lot in the playoffs. 

This would be an even more dangerous, deeper team more poised for a deeper playoff run. 

Ya I don’t say this often but I think I would probably do this deal knowing Okongwu is waiting in the wings (no pun intended PF position hehe). The only thing I want to double check on is Jerami’s games played which is very important to me. I think availability is the best ability. I’ll be right back.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I don’t say this often but I think I would probably do this deal knowing Okongwu is waiting in the wings (no pun intended PF position hehe). The only thing I want to double check on is Jerami’s games played which is very important to me. I think availability is the best ability. I’ll be right back.

@gHost83 wow. 508 games played out of a possible 548 in 7 seasons. That’s 92.7%. Alrighty then. I’d say that’s good attendance in any era specially this one where players are managing their ahhh loads. :indifferent:

Look I love John, but if this makes sense, it might be one of the few out there that might in my view. It’s a risk on the chemistry but something tells me Trae builds good chemistry with a lot of players on the roster now and in the future.

This might be the only sign n trade I’d do in the entire landscape as of right now if we can’t come to terms with Collins.

• Like 1