• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Where is this sudden need for everyone to "consolidate" and condense our team coming from? We got as far as we did this season because of our extreme team depth.

Facts, not having a "Big 3" allows us to have a "Complete 12" . 

As shown by our winning record without our best player this year, our season is not sunk if one or 2 of our top 12 guys goes out.

• Like 3

What @NBASupes and @thecampster has brought to us from their guys is different from what schlenk is saying publicly about JC.

in his exit interview Schlenk praised JC for allowing his stats to take a hit for the betterment of the team to win same with Trae. And schlenk has also stated already that they are looking to resign Collins this summer…he said that twice now in the last 3-4 days.

On 92.9 he said “we won’t just sit back and wait for him (JC) to get an offer”

im not saying y’all sources are wrong I enjoy getting info from you two and respect who you know but schlenk is either playing mind games with the rest of the nba and fans or he’s very serious about getting back JC and thinks he’s extremely valuable.

• Premium Member

To be fair JC wouldn't be the first player in a team sport to say in public he doesn't want a max deal or close to it but in private that's exactly what his people are saying to teams. Remember it is in JC's best interests to get all the money he can get. Even if it is just the Hawks matching a max deal offer from another team which IMO is where this going to go.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

As shown by our winning record without our best player this year, our season is not sunk if one or 2 of our top 12 guys goes out.

To my point, Schlenk has done a tremendous job of providing duplication of skills at each position. This helps to soften the blow when a guy goes down because you don't have to change how you play, just who you play and for how long.

Clint and OO are both defensive minded, athletic bigs that are a little limited offensively and most effective at the rim.

JC and Gallo, two PF's that can stretch the floor and post up. Gallo can put the ball on the floor better, JC is a better vertical threat

Dre and Cam, 2 long defensive SF's  who can dribble, shoot, and pass on the offensive side. Can create for themselves and guard positions 1-4

Bogi and Kev, 2 versatile wings that can shoot the lights out, cross match defensively on 2/3's, and can initiate the offense if needed.

Trae is one of a kind, which is why getting another playmaking PG is important, but Lou was a good compliment as a scoring option that could draw fouls and get easy points in a similar fashion to Trae.

Sprinkle in your rotation of end of bench guys like Solo, Goodwin, Dunn, Snell, etc... to fill in the gaps on a given night, and you have yourself a deep squad with no real holes even when a main piece in out.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

What @NBASupes and @thecampster has brought to us from their guys is different from what schlenk is saying publicly about JC.

in his exit interview Schlenk praised JC for allowing his stats to take a hit for the betterment of the team to win same with Trae. And schlenk has also stated already that they are looking to resign Collins this summer…he said that twice now in the last 3-4 days.

On 92.9 he said “we won’t just sit back and wait for him (JC) to get an offer”

im not saying y’all sources are wrong I enjoy getting info from you two and respect who you know but schlenk is either playing mind games with the rest of the nba and fans or he’s very serious about getting back JC and thinks he’s extremely valuable.

I don't believe he or I is saying what Atlanta is planning on doing. In fact, I don't even know. That said, I was talking about what other teams around the league is saying about JC. As many times, we seen him in the top 3 of FAs this year, after Kawhi, it seems like teams attention is more on trades and lesser players than JC when it comes to the start of Free Agency. That doesn't mean Atlanta won't workout a deal with JC at the start and just get it over with. It's just that, if JC wants this near max money, he will have to wait which sounds like was Travis has stated already. He said, we want to get a deal done but if he thinks they are better deals out there, he can shop around. He is entitled to that as all FAs are. 

What I was talking about is what's the word around the league on him. It's lukewarm. While I can't confirm what @thecampster is saying, it sounds pretty accurate to me. Teams thought the offer Atlanta gave JC was extremely aggressive, they haven't jumped from that thought process. That said, you never know. Teams got a lot of plans and JC might be in one where Atlanta has no clue about on 7/6. 

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair JC wouldn't be the first player in a team sport to say in public he doesn't want a max deal or close to it but in private that's exactly what his people are saying to teams. Remember it is in JC's best interests to get all the money he can get. Even if it is just the Hawks matching a max deal offer from another team which IMO is where this going to go.

This is a fact. Just he's stubborn but he believes he's worth it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
52 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm sorry Cap, but why are we giving up so much for Ingram?

I don't want to change anything actually ... I want to resign JC and go after McConnell and a third cheap big.

However, contracts are going to be coming up and everyone wants a big three ... Ingram is better then Hunter and Heurter and they are about to get paid or K'Von is.  Gallo was in there for salary purposes.  I think he would be an excellent fit next to Young but at the same time I like our depth as it is.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 5:05 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

I believe it depends on who we get as part of the "Big 3".  It should be a clear improvement. 

We can bring everyone back for one more year, but that's it.  Bogi himself was saying they can't keep everybody long term.  It's too much talent for one team. 

The best move is to recognize that the future doesn't allow for everyone to stay together, package guys and get a better player.  Being blind to that means guys will be forced to leave because we can't resign everybody.  Then you lose people without compensation.   

21 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I believe it depends on who we get as part of the "Big 3".  It should be a clear improvement. 

We can bring everyone back for one more year, but that's it.  Bogi himself was saying they can't keep everybody long term.  It's too much talent for one team. 

The best move is to recognize that the future doesn't allow for everyone to stay together, package guys and get a better player.  Being blind to that means guys will be forced to leave because we can't resign everybody.  Then you lose people without compensation.   

Nice concept.  Who then?  That's the problem.

• Like 3

We already have a big 3 with Trae, Cam, and Hunter. We are just waiting for Hunter to get healthy and Cam to take that leap. We have the three guys we know will carry the franchise. Okongwu could join as well. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nice concept.  Who then?  That's the problem.

North is suggesting KAT.  I don’t watch the Wolves, have no idea.  

My main two suggestions are Sabonis and Lavine.  I think we need to find a Devin Booker situation where it’s an actual good player on a bad team.  

We have something to offer that most teams don’t.  A package of players and picks that teams want, without gutting our team.

I’m not convinced that Cam and Hunter are enough.  Even if they are we have the resources to keep them and package other players to improve the roster.  

The NBA is about paying Kemba Walker the same as Kawhi.  The teams that have true max players win.  We have to get a guy that is worth $34M.  

5 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The Hawks CAN keep every one of the young core I believe.  The two players likely t get cut or traded are Bogi and Gallo.  The Hawks may cut Gallo in his third year.  If Kevin keeps in proving, it makes Bogi expendable and you can trade a good Bogi for some assets. I wouldn't do that for two years though to keep the Hawks depth in tact.