• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we are open to a lot of vets looking to win in the off-season. Our trajectory and timeline has changed. We ring hunting and players around the league know it. With Trae, we are looking really good. 

I don’t know who I like more, TJ or Dinwiddie.

I think I'd go with Dwindle his ability to score and facilitate would really help the Hawks in the nontrae minutes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'd be all for Dinwiddie. Wonder what it'd take to get him.

Wonder if he’d take a 10–13 mil per year contract. I read somewhere I believe on here that 13 mil cap space is the most we could have this summer.

Edited by JTB

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If a Beal trade happened. It would likely cost us Bogi, Hunter, and Okongwu who are both players they coveted in the draft process a lot

No, no, he'll no. Hunter should not even be considered in any trade. I wouldn't even trade him straight up for Beal, much less include other assets. With his size, youth, athleticism, ability to guard 1-4, and still untapped offensive potential, all on a much cheaper contract,  Hunter is simply the better player for this team. 

• Like 1

To take this a bit further, my 3 untouchables on this roster would probably surprise some: Trae obviously, Hunter, and Okongwu. Three years from now there will be zero doubt that those 3 guys are the cornerstones of our franchise. 

• Premium Member

To no one in particular...

Dinwiddie just opted out of a deal that is approximately all of the room we could possibly have under the cap, and at that, that's only assuming that Dunn opts out of his $5m deal... which wouldn't seem very likely under the circumstances.

But even if we have $13m in space, what to make of that? Would seem to be that he thinks he can get much more than $12.3m... and we're out of gas before the start flag on FA is waved.

Conclusion. Dinwiddie mathematically is not a realistic option unless we make more room, and/or construct a SnT with Brooklyn.

From where I sit, I like the idea if we could have him for $12-$13m. We can't.

I would love the idea if he wasn't an injury risk and a defensive sieve. He is.

So, I moved off of Dinwiddie quite awhile ago, me, and on to other options.

And Beal?

Beal's never been anything close to worth his contract. Not even close. Instant pass for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi, healing, was planning on playing for Serbia if knee checked out. Heard he's training in Atlanta 

Serbia did not make Olympics, so no go for Bogi. Heal up and train.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam will be in Atlanta with the coaches all off season. He won't be on the circuit 

:good:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Snell is coveted for his regular season work as a rotational wing. I was told his play in the playoffs hurt his salary demands but he's gonna be highly coveted in the Bi annual market. He's gone. 

That means teams over the cap but under the Luxury Tax. Like Stu said, SnT where we get a TPE. BAE is approximately $6 million.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Knight and Mays will sign multi year non guarantee deals in hopes they can stay in the association. 

So they'll get the Bradon Goodwin type deal.

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I did get Atlanta wants to lock up Kevin and Trae this summer long term. 

No surprise on Trae. What kind of deal for Huerter? 

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's ass since Dunn himself is ass?

3rd string guys. If we are going to get value, we would have to trade assets. I.e. draft picks

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So they'll get the Bradon Goodwin type deal.

No surprise on Trae. What kind of deal for Huerter? 

More years but non guaranteed 

No clue

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Why not give them both 2 way deals again so we aren't wasting roster spots on unproven guys?

They earned the deals. We are going to use our two way on rookies from this college class.