• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Hearing that there isn't much to hear about the Hawks right now is something in and of itself.  Thanks for the latest even if there isn't anything.  Frankly, I don't want to hear about us being involved in juicy rumors.  I see the most likely move we make as being a small one to bolster roster depth.  (Example:  Maybe deal Rondo and get back a healthier, younger, solid but unexciting PG).

Still think the most pressing need is a back up big that can anchor the D when Capela sits.  But I agree, no news is good news in terms of major activity.  

With that said, I typically get a little nervous when there's literally NO news because a lot of times these major deals come out of no where.  So, basically.......🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Still think the most pressing need is a back up big that can anchor the D when Capela sits.  But I agree, no news is good news in terms of major activity.  

With that said, I typically get a little nervous when there's literally NO news because a lot of times these major deals come out of no where.  So, basically.......🤷‍♂️

Still seems like a no-brainer to add Dedmon for that role.

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We traded Dedmon for Snell and he was released.  Hawks can't resign him for at least 1 year.

Duh.  Good call.  Hard to believe he is still out there unsigned.  Would it be possible to do something like have another team sign and trade him to us for a second round pick?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Duh.  Good call.  Hard to believe he is still out there unsigned.  Would it be possible to do something like have another team sign and trade him to us for a second round pick?

Interesting circumvention - I have no idea.

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ersan just signed with the Jazz.  I wonder if we gave him an offer?   He'd be a good backup PF for this compressed schedule. 

We have a full 15, we'd have to cut someone to sign a player.  If it came to it, I guess Goodwin would be the one to cut?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We have a full 15, we'd have to cut someone to sign a player.  If it came to it, I guess Goodwin would be the one to cut?

I think Goodwin could be an easy cut if Dunn / Rondo weren't out or perpetually at risk of being out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Goodwin could be an easy cut if Dunn / Rondo weren't out or perpetually at risk of being out.

The problem with that though is Dunn isn't back yet and Rondo has been out like 3 times with injuries.   I like Skyler though but want to avoid Heurter at the point.   What am i saying.   We have a new coach!  

Information trickle.

The Hawks have received inquiries about the availability of BB, Snell, Hill, Collins, Bruno, OO and Huerter. Nothing imminent, just feelers. As in the off-season, there is a lot of interest in Huerter around the league. He is the one plus value player on this list for us. 

No specific teams tied to any one player. Interest in Bruno is lukewarm at best and he'd likely be a throw in.

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Information trickle.

The Hawks have received inquiries about the availability of BB, Snell, Hill, Collins, Bruno, OO and Huerter. Nothing imminent, just feelers. As in the off-season, there is a lot of interest in Huerter around the league. He is the one plus value player on this list for us. 

No specific teams tied to any one player. Interest in Bruno is lukewarm at best and he'd likely be a throw in.

Interesting on BB.  Has to be based on Sacto production cuz he hasn't been healthy enough to show much this year. And I would have thought the trade kicker would have severely limited his interest.  

Also, I can't imagine the Hawks have any real appetite to trade Huerter unless they got a promising young player in return.  Like an MPJ type player or something.  

• Thanks 3

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Boston fans are drunk off Ainge-aid.  It's embarrassing.

And when are media guys gonna stop falling for the "Danni almost" rumors that are clearly being leaked from Boston?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Boston fans are drunk off Ainge-aid.  It's embarrassing.

And when are media guys gonna stop falling for the "Danni almost" rumors that are clearly being leaked from Boston?

Its something we've talked about in other forum posts but every part of our country is so different culturally, its like stepping into a different country. Chicagoans are naturally negative and combative, Bostonians are very combative and extremely arrogant with no grip on basic realities. West coast fans are completely naive in most things...very spoiled by years of Laker success.  New Yorkers are very demanding, never satisfied, entitled.  Of course I'm stereotyping and there is some in every bunch but this is the overall mentality. Boston fans drive me the most crazy of all.  There has never been a proper foul called on a Celtic ever. There has never been bad behavior ever...everyone else are just losers......can't stand em.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Its something we've talked about in other forum posts but every part of our country is so different culturally, its like stepping into a different country. Chicagoans are naturally negative and combative, Bostonians are very combative and extremely arrogant with no grip on basic realities. West coast fans are completely naive in most things...very spoiled by years of Laker success.  New Yorkers are very demanding, never satisfied, entitled.  Of course I'm stereotyping and there is some in every bunch but this is the overall mentality. Boston fans drive me the most crazy of all.  There has never been a proper foul called on a Celtic ever. There has never been bad behavior ever...everyone else are just losers......can't stand em.

Yesh .... yesh, my sun ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47vnwbnlk3qwf9t5s7a1

You also forgot TOR fans who quickly went from semi-tolerable to beyond arrogant to the point where they think they won Kawhi a ring, not vice versa.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You also forgot TOR fans who quickly went from semi-tolerable to beyond arrogant to the point where they think they won Kawhi a ring, not vice versa.

Given that they invented the game of basketball, you can understand their attitude.

• Haha 2