• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Check his recent stats, he's far from trash. And if you're basing only on stats, Cam is unquestionably trash by that measure.

I mean, Cam may turn out to be a better player than Ball. But calling Ball trash compared to Cam atm is a kinda crazy. I'd give my nut for Cam to be giving us the type of production Ball has given the Pels this season.  Ball ranks 33rd in WAR (right behind Chris Paul) putting up 16-6 per36 mins with a 3-1 turnover ratio and a 56%TS with good defensive metrics. Cam on the other hand is like 230th in offensive rating and 205th in WAR giving us 14-5 per 36 mins on 48% TS. And those numbers are pretty much on par with last years numbers. So ya, I still think Cam has potential to be good, but outside of a few glimpses his body of work so far is incredibly lackluster. Ball hasn't been a star, but he has been a lot better than people seem to realize, especially the last couple of years where he has been an excellent three point shooter. He's been at around .380% in high volume, heck he has like 20 more three pointers made this year than Trae. 

Having said all this I'm not too sure how I'd feel about a trade like this. For starters not sure what the cap implications would be further down the  line, also not sure if I love the fit. If Cam ever fulfills his potential he would be a fantastic fit next to trae. Lonzo maybe not so much. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, Dejay said:

As for this rumor, I'm not too sure about this. IMHO, Lonzo this season reminds me of an old Braves shortstop by the name of Jeff Blauser (has his best season in a contract year, only to return to being below-average after inking a huge deal). While I wasn't the biggest Cam Reddish fan in the beginning, injuries and coaching (or lack thereof) has to be factored in before pulling such a lever.

Besides, the market that he is going to command in RFA, oh boy. If Collins' deal is going to be at or near the max, they'd still have to break off eight figures a year to Lonzo as well to justify moving Reddish. And don't get me started on all of us being subjected to hearing his Dad cry about him playing second fiddle to Trae, only for Rayford Sr. to return fire. More drama than an '80s soap opera.

Yup. I like Lonzo but the cap stuff makes this rumor seem bunk af. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

As for this rumor, I'm not too sure about this. IMHO, Lonzo this season reminds me of an old Braves shortstop by the name of Jeff Blauser (has his best season in a contract year, only to return to being below-average after inking a huge deal). While I wasn't the biggest Cam Reddish fan in the beginning, injuries and coaching (or lack thereof) has to be factored in before pulling such a lever.

Besides, the market that he is going to command in RFA, oh boy. If Collins' deal is going to be at or near the max, they'd still have to break off eight figures a year to Lonzo as well to justify moving Reddish. And don't get me started on all of us being subjected to hearing his Dad cry about him playing second fiddle to Trae, only for Rayford Sr. to return fire. More drama than an '80s soap opera.

I'm not worried about Lamar or Rayford. Who cares what they say,

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a massive difference between a Kevin trade, much less a Cam trade. Zo would be welcomed for Rondo, Bruno and two 2nd rounders as he is a rental. Even if he wasn't a rental. His contract demands would limit him to the same trade value. Even then, I don't see Atlanta all that interested in a rental of Ball. Especially when he wants a team of his own. Something Atlanta can't provide.

I am just speaking for me but LaVar has made it very clear and Zo uses him as his mouthpiece since he's shy. He wants his own team like Melo has his own team. He wants to go to New York or Chicago. I would imagine the Clippers would appeal to him as well. 

Rondo is fine with his backup role. Would Zo be fine as a backup?

Zo would more than likely start, if he were here.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Zo would more than likely start, if he were here.

No the f*** the he won't. Could? Possibly. Should? Maybe but he won't under Nate who values Kevin's ability to actually create his own shot and his fit within his system. Zo would have to adjust to Nate's system and adjust to playing next to Trae. By the time that happens, the playoffs is here. At that point, it's too late and he's not staying anyway. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. 

There is a reason no one is willing to trade us Mikal Bridges for JC when JC has better numbers. Because JC situation details that he's about to get PAID and finding a player like Bridges is hard to find. 

I like Zo and ATM, he's better than both Kevin or Cam. That's not up for debate. But he's not worth CLOSE to any of them in a trade when he wants to: 

A. Be one of the faces which won't happen here. 

B. Be the main PG which clearly won't happen here. 

C. Get paid over 100 million which is guaranteed not to happen here. 

He would be a RENTAL for us! His value at best is a late 1st if he was a missing piece which he isn't. That's not worth a late 1st. It's damn sure not worth one of our young core pieces. 

There is a reason why LAC has been in major talks. Because his trade value just ain't it. It's a late 1st status at best. 

This ain't an equal-to-equal situation. You only trade a young player when you know they aren't what you think they are like we did with Adreian Payne or Sheldon Williams. You don't trade a player like Cam or Kevin for anything less than what you fell is an prime aged All Star or better. No one trades these types for a rental. Ask Washington for Rui, they won't trade him for nothing less than an legit all star. It's the same in Baseball, no one trades their top 50 young players for nothing less than a stud. Nothing less. 

Zo Ball is just a rental for us. Nothing saying he would be more than that for us. We can't provide him what he's looking for. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No the f*** the he won't. Could? Possibly. Should? Maybe but he won't under Nate who values Kevin's ability to actually create his own shot and his fit within his system. Zo would have to adjust to Nate's system and adjust to playing next to Trae. By the time that happens, the playoffs is here. At that point, it's too late and he's not staying anyway. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. 

There is a reason no one is willing to trade us Mikal Bridges for JC when JC has better numbers. Because JC situation details that he's about to get PAID and finding a player like Bridges is hard to find. 

I like Zo and ATM, he's better than both Kevin or Cam. That's not up for debate. But he's not worth CLOSE to any of them in a trade when he wants to: 

A. Be one of the faces which won't happen here. 

B. Be the main PG which clearly won't happen here. 

C. Get paid over 100 million which is guaranteed not to happen here. 

He would be a RENTAL for us! His value at best is a late 1st if he was a missing piece which he isn't. That's not worth a late 1st. It's damn sure not worth one of our young core pieces. 

There is a reason why LAC has been in major talks. Because his trade value just ain't it. It's a late 1st status at best. 

This ain't an equal-to-equal situation. You only trade a young player when you know they aren't what you think they are like we did with Adreian Payne or Sheldon Williams. You don't trade a player like Cam or Kevin for anything less than what you fell is an prime aged All Star or better. No one trades these types for a rental. Ask Washington for Rui, they won't trade him for nothing less than an legit all star. It's the same in Baseball, no one trades their top 50 young players for nothing less than a stud. Nothing less. 

Zo Ball is just a rental for us. Nothing saying he would be more than that for us. We can't provide him what he's looking for. 

You know something, don't you Supes?  It's a reason why you're this mad.

Is this about to happen?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You know something, don't you Supes?  It's a reason why you're this mad.

Is this about to happen?

I know that this is bullshit and I know that this just causes issues within the organization due to the fact that Travis has to tell Cam's agent this is a BS rumor. Cam's rep which isn't even being talked about gets smashed in general so here hears this shit while going through recovery. This impacts all players differently. This also pisses off Tony the most as he runs a transparent organization that values that it talks to it's key players and agents to keep everyone in the loop. The reason why JC's agent and Atlanta is so cool is transparency. Agents want to know what's going on with their clients. Part of the reason why JC and MIN talk at one point was real is because his agent spoke with MIN but Atlanta/MIN couldn't come close to an agreement. 

This shit is using Cam like a throw-in. That's disrespectful. Especially when anyone who calls Atlanta knows getting him is next to impossible unless you want to massively overpay. 

Bad rumors don't help shit. Never has, never will. Especially when it comes from someone that's SUPPOSE to be credible. 

Bogi won't be bothered by this as he knows it's not true. JC knows it's BS as his agent is on top of this but someone young like Cam might not react positive to this fake news. He will contact his agent. His agent will contact us and he's already working out in Atlanta to get well from his injury. The last thing you need to a split of any type. This is bigger than just a bad rumor. This is also bad timing. That's why I am pissed. This is some trying to divide a locker room shit. Thankfully Bogi is a big boy and been through this cycle and JC knows what's going on to a T. This is literally Cam's first shit rumor. All of these guys will go through it at some point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know that this is bullshit and I know that this just causes issues within the organization due to the fact that Travis has to tell Cam's agent this is a BS rumor. Cam's rep which isn't even being talked about gets smashed in general so here hears this shit while going through recovery. This impacts all players differently. This also pisses off Tony the most as he runs a transparent organization that values that it talks to it's key players and agents to keep everyone in the loop. The reason why JC's agent and Atlanta is so cool is transparency. Agents want to know what's going on with their clients. Part of the reason why JC and MIN talk at one point was real is because his agent spoke with MIN but Atlanta/MIN couldn't come close to an agreement. 

This shit is using Cam like a throw-in. That's disrespectful. Especially when anyone who calls Atlanta knows getting him is next to impossible unless you want to massively overpay. 

Bad rumors don't help shit. Never has, never will. Especially when it comes from someone that's SUPPOSE to be credible. 

Bogi won't be bothered by this as he knows it's not true. JC knows it's BS as his agent is on top of this but someone young like Cam might not react positive to this fake news. He will contact his agent. His agent will contact us and he's already working out in Atlanta to get well from his injury. The last thing you need to a split of any type. This is bigger than just a bad rumor. This is also bad timing. That's why I am pissed. This is some trying to divide a locker room shit. Thankfully Bogi is a big boy and been through this cycle and JC knows what's going on to a T. This is literally Cam's first shit rumor. All of these guys will go through it at some point. 

Some people said you were throwing in the towel on Cam, I’m still thinking he will be a great player he just hated the F outta Lloyd then got injured. Hope you aren’t giving up on him. 

PG-Trae/Rondo

SG- Lonzo/Huerter

SF-Hunter/Snell

PF-Collins/Gallo

C-Capela/Okongwu 

🤔 We would have the highest 4 guard 💂🏻‍♀️ (2 starters/2bench) assist capable guards in the history of the league).

Having said that, I’m sticking with Cam as his defense combined with Okongwu and Hunter is too much to pass up for the future. It’s a marathon.

Dime 🔥 power no doubt though dang.

Ps Who wins in a fight, Ray or Lavar? Like a fist 🤛 fight? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Some people said you were throwing in the towel on Cam, I’m still thinking he will be a great player he just hated the F outta Lloyd then got injured. Hope you aren’t giving up on him. 

What the hell? Ain't no one with common sense throwing the towel on Cam. You still got many on this site still holding out hope on Bruno including myself. To throw the table is being done with someone. When you throw the throw the towel on a top 10 pick it looks like Derrick Williams/Minnesota. When you look stupid, it looks like Joe Johnson/Boston. 

Only players I threw the towel on in his 2nd year was Acie Law. I never was for Sheldon or Payne from the jump so I can't say I had hope in them ever. 

You can't throw the towel on someone you strongly feel can be one of the best players in the league one day. When teams make bad decisions like this, it's time to fire their GM right then and there. Chris Wallace had to learn the hard way. That's a LP type of decision. You fire Travis on the spot with this type of move. This is the equalivent of blowing 50 point 4th QT leads to the Cavs and the Rockets. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If Atlanta runs as transparent an organization as you say, this rumor will be in one ear out the other. It makes no sense to say they run a completely transparent organization and then also say this BS rumor is going to impact the team.  If they transparent, the players and their reps KNOW what's up before it hits the media.  IF this is BS (which I agree it is), then the players will know it is as soon as they hear it.  

• Like 2