• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I just propose we not put Simmons/Thybulle in PnR action, force Embiid out there over and over

That's an option too.  Treat him how people treated Dwight Howard.   That's a way to make him work on defense.

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

Would you guys be upset with this lineup?  

Trae - Curry or Green

Bogi - Curry or Green

John - Harris

Gallo - Embiid

Capella - Simmons

Gallo's actually held Embiid out of the paint better than Capela.  It'll allow Capella to free up more to protect the paint.  Will also give us Gallo in the corner for those threes solo's been missing. 

I'm all for going big, just to see how it would look.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's not continue the gloom and doom.   We should be happy because we have a split and we have won the last 13 games at home.   Let's get some home cooking. 

Now... here's what I know is bothering most of you.   You see our success being about Trae's success.   Well, Trae didn't do a lot of scoring but 21 and 11 is nothing to be mad at when you are the defenses focus.

Here's where the game has to change.  We have to develop plays with Trae as a decoy and our secondary scorers have to step up and become threats.   It was happening last night with Gallo and Huerter.   The problem was Shake.

How many times will Shake or Curry explode ?

Think about it this way:

Tobias = Simmons.  from game 1

Embiid = Embiid.   from game 1 

The difference between this game and game 1 is that a funky dude named Shake Milton came in and got hot.   We had the freakin lead. 

We took the 76ers best punch and we ate it..   and started swinging.... and they were going down.   Shake is the fish that saved Philly.   But it's a long series.  They just staved off a sweep.  We can still get them in 6.

I would like to see more of OO.  His energy is great. 

We tried that.  Bogi got like 7 shots in the 1st quarter alone.

Huerter and Gallo stepped up and made shots, even shots off the dribble.  Bogi thrives on the catch and shoot.

Trae as a decoy is a bad idea.  He has to stay in attack mode, and try to get to the FT line to disrupt their rotations and get some of their top players out the game.  When Trae is scoring, the Hawks are playing very well on most nights.  And it doesn't mean that he shoots well from 3.  It simply means that he's putting points on the board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
On 6/8/2021 at 9:29 PM, thecampster said:

Kevin's gotta stop this nonsense or we'll never be able to afford him.

It was you. :this:

See what you did to Kevin, he listened to you.

He only had 3 points last night.

:laugh1:

• Haha 4