• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Luka vs Trae trade a very different perspective.

thecampster

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We've learned that the player dictates if he leaves or not.  

One of the reasons they picked Trae is that he was a fit for our franchise.  That was amazing foresight.  

I would bet any amount of money that Luka happily signs a huge contract with Dallas. Now does he sign another one after that? Who knows, but it's not a real concern right now. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, High5 said:

I would bet any amount of money that Luka happily signs a huge contract with Dallas. Now does he sign another one after that? Who knows, but it's not a real concern right now. 

I would bet on that too but not any amount of money.  He has the endorsements and options to never work again in a very short time if he wants to do that and so if this broke his relationship with the Mavs he could take a one-year tender and walk after that if he really wanted to and he would lose money but be able to pick where he wanted to be.  Given how fabulously wealthy he will be when his career is done and the amounts he has already made (again he has made bank outside of just what the Mavs pay him), I wouldn't feel super confident if I was the Mavs and saw this developing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

The Hawks are 1 win from the eastern conference finals everyone. Luka might be on his way out of Dallas. Man that was quick.

Life comes atcha fast, campst.

Yet when the eggsperts speak of this trade, they gloss over all the crap you laid out and go, "Bu-bu-but all 30 gm's'd take Luuka over Trae."

It's maddening groupthink.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If he leaves he gets less money though. I don't think he will leave.

You new here?  The NBA m.o. is 'get the money/force the trade'.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

While he isn't Luka, there is a lot of buzz that Zion Williamson is unhappy in New Orleans, and his "family" would prefer that he were on another team.

N'Awlins is like, "Not ANOTHER Family!"

~lw3

• Haha 2