• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Sounds like the writing is on the wall if he's not being asked to go to Summer League. 

Or maybe he just forgot about him, which doesnt bode well either..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Sounds like the writing is on the wall if he's not being asked to go to Summer League. 

They need his roster spot. Sadly, like I told @TheNorthCydeRises, his spot was on the edge for next season with Goodwin, Snell, Lou depending on his salary demands. 

Atlanta is bringing in 20th over, Mays, and Knight. Likely to retain Solo. We just have limited spots. Bruno could sign a two way deal but he could see if someone has interest in him on a minimum deal. A lot of teams are lacking bigs right now. He might find a home with more PT like Goodwin and Snell should

Bruno also didn't have an End of Season media availability session, at least from what I can tell. They are all posted on youtube, but a few players didn't have them. Lou didn't. Hunter didn't, but he's in LA rehabbing so that isn't surprising. And Bruno nor Dunn had them either, which doesn't seem to bode well for either player. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bruno is still under contract. They can waive him but they don't get any salary relief of his $1.7 mil unless another team claims him. 

Yep, him and Dunn will be packaged together in a trade. Could be small or big if we attach other assets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, him and Dunn will be packaged together in a trade. Could be small or big if we attach other assets

Dunn will have to pick up his option in order to be traded. He has until 07/28 to decide the day before the draft.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

They need his roster spot. Sadly, like I told @TheNorthCydeRises, his spot was on the edge for next season with Goodwin, Snell, Lou depending on his salary demands. 

Atlanta is bringing in 20th over, Mays, and Knight. Likely to retain Solo. We just have limited spots. Bruno could sign a two way deal but he could see if someone has interest in him on a minimum deal. A lot of teams are lacking bigs right now. He might find a home with more PT like Goodwin and Snell should

And I wanted Daniel Gafford so bad when we took Bruno..lol..Oh well..

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Are the going to buy him out?

He's already guaranteed for next season.  So how does that work, if the Hawks want to cut him loose?

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's already guaranteed for next season.  So how does that work, if the Hawks want to cut him loose?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bruno is still under contract. They can waive him but they don't get any salary relief of his $1.7 mil unless another team claims him. 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If they have to, they will. He's being packaged with Dunn for now. 

I know I shouldn't bring up LP, but it appears Travis gave a little more insight into why LP was let go. 

https://theathletic.com/2690210/2021/07/05/nate-mcmillan-gets-a-deal-john-collins-future-and-internal-growth-gm-travis-schlenk-on-the-state-of-the-hawks/ 

One of the main reasons Schlenk fired Pierce in March was because he felt like the team needed a new voice in the locker room. McMillan’s voice and messaging resonated immediately.

“He’s unbelievably consistent with it,” Schlenk said. “There’s no back and forth. Once he says this is what we’re going to do, he’s consistent with it, and because of that consistency, I think the players believe it. When somebody tells you something one day and then they tell you the opposite the next day, it’s hard to have that trust. But with him, he was unbelievably persistent with his views and guys bought into it.”

Unsurprisingly, Schlenk said that McMillan will have input on the construction of the roster moving forward. “I think it would be pretty foolish of me to sign a player that he hates and would never play,” he said.

Pretty great article by Chris. 

Edit: I also hope Nate has a good eye for talent. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

....this what we should all do 'Enjoy it, this team while we can.'  The money will take care of itself for both the players and the team.

It is going to hard to pay everyone, but I guess that's the price for drafting well. 

• Like 3