• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

On 10/7/2021 at 11:08 AM, bird_dirt said:

👀‼️

That jersey retiring ceremony for Tony Allen gonna be real awkward when the first two minutes of the zoom call go ... "you have a collect call from *bzz* Tony Alle-*bzz* .... do you wish to accept the charge?"

Too soon ... or not soon enough?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Dang. And until maybe two weeks prior to that draft, I was on the Sekou train--drunk on the fact he was the youngest of the high-regard international prospects, and persuaded by his pro Euro highlights that, if nothing else, he would be a defensive beast.

Have read since then, if the Pistons fans who advocated this are to be believed, that his transition to US culture might have been more of an internal struggle than anyone would have anticipated.

Treavor Scales is my guy. Me and the homie went out for the same position when I just started my 2nd degree in college and he was a rising Soph out of college. We chatted for about 30 mins that day. I had a terrible interview too. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, so Sekou got a Doum-buyout?

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jurz10bj8r5dq8ry2g

On a serious note, hate to hear the kid may have had a rocky transition.  We as fans get spoiled by how most of these guys are able to overcome the 'life' stuff around getting drafted internationally.

See I can 'serious' too.

19...foreign country, foreign language, foreign food....and alone without family. Tough

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Treavor Scales is my guy. Me and the homie went out for the same position when I just started my 2nd degree in college and he was a rising Soph out of college. We chatted for about 30 mins that day. I had a terrible interview too. 

You never said what the position was?  I'm thinking ... hand model?

• Haha 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Dang. And until maybe two weeks prior to that draft, I was on the Sekou train--drunk on the fact he was the youngest of the high-regard international prospects, and persuaded by his pro Euro highlights that, if nothing else, he would be a defensive beast.

Have read since then, if the Pistons fans who advocated this are to be believed, that his transition to US culture might have been more of an internal struggle than anyone would have anticipated.

Was with you on that train.

Would anyone have access to this article and could post it by chance? Thanks in advance. 

Future power ranking of our Hawks! Wanted to see if we would be 1st in 2023,2024,25 etc. :smile:

https://www.espn.com/nba/

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/32361014/nba-future-power-rankings-predicting-best-worst-franchises

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Slay us! 

image.gif.5086c6552e079504f6d6eb9e08d6566c.gif

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qg4uo51w9vntl2ekte

If I'm honest, I wanted to go with this one but figured someone might get offended ..

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qg4uo51w9vntl2ekte

I mean c'mon, it's a Rock v Rock gif showdown.  Look past the fancy language.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Simmons returning to the sixers is the best thing possible for the Hawks.  

The ever so media friendly, PHI coach was asked for his thoughts:

"I welcome Ben with open arms and I stand by my original comments about whether a team can win a title with him.  It's not like we're gonna win a title anyways, amirite?  What?  JoeLLLL why you not laughing, bro?" - GLLLLenn Rivers

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ohpxupvb3w9anljujj

• Haha 3