• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are hundreds and probably thousands of mandates that corporations have proven they will not do on their own.  OSHA, EPA, Financial Regulation, etc. put these in place when the consequences of these decisions impact health and safety or cause externalities that the public will pay if employers cut corners to reduce costs and maximize profit as they are prone to do.

Yeah check out the meatpacking scandal for some insight into why government intervention is necessary to spur decent corporate behavior.

I don't think anybody likes gov to be too handsy but sometimes we make it necessary.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are hundreds and probably thousands of mandates that corporations have proven they will not do on their own.  OSHA, EPA, Financial Regulation, etc. put these in place when the consequences of these decisions impact health and safety or cause externalities that the public will pay if employers cut corners to reduce costs and maximize profit as they are prone to do.

Good point, didn't think of it from that perspective. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

It is not a mandate that you get vaccinated. It's a mandate that employers offer a choice, either get tested every two days  OR require vaccination.  

There's still an option not to get vaccinated, but it seems in a pandemic where the government has ALREADY paid for all these vaccines, the mandate is more for public health than big pharma.  Also, the other treatments out there cost more than the vaccine. Why aren't they pushing that to help big pharma?  

The healthcare cost of super sick covid patients is much  more than the vaccine.  It seems like the vaccine saving the country billions of dollars in medical bills that medicaid and medicare would have to cover, since Covid affects older people more than younger people, would out weight big pharma profits. 

Edit: I also respect Kyrie's choice. However, choices have consequences.

I have a different view point on what liberty means and what the government's role should be, but this is a basketball forum.  I'll just leave it at that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I have a different view point on what liberty means and what the government's role should be, but this is a basketball forum.  I'll just leave it at that.  

And that's fine too. If everyone had the same opinion, the world would be a terrible place.  As long as we can debate respectfully. 

I'm not for government overreach, but there are times you need the government to step in. 

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

And that's fine too. If everyone had the same opinion, the world would be a terrible place.  As long as we can debate respectfully. 

I'm not for government overreach, but there are times you need the government to step in. 

This is actually a board where differences of opinion can happen. I have been on other sports sites, moderators take sides, play favorites, ban people for petty and silly reasons. It's awful. 

• Like 1

Back to the C’s :sarcastic:

Nets open to trading Kyrie Irving?

i_25_be_b3_kyrie-irving.png?w=190

Rival teams believe the Nets would be open to a significant trade offer for Irving,but his openness to playing for other franchises is unclear. Irving will be fully eligible in all markets except New York City and San Francisco. Brooklyn is on a championship chase, wanting the commitment of every player on their roster, now dealing with the cloud of uncertainty regarding a member of its big three.

As funny - silly as this sounds, Tyler Herro has shown himself to be a pretty good player.  But he must put in more time as a very good player to be considered.  At least, he believes in himself.  This is a good start.

😜

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

As funny - silly as this sounds, Tyler Herro has shown himself to be a pretty good player.  But he must put in more time as a very good player to be considered.  At least, he believes in himself.  This is a good start.

😜

Agreed but also, is it me or was he a shooting guard? I thought he was listed as a 6’4” shooting guard coming out of Kentucky, I even drafted him in our Squawk draft last night but now I see he’s only listed as a PG. He should at least be an eligible SG as well.

To me he’s a SG/PG. 

Then again Luka is a SF if we are doing it by position. Luka brings the ball up the court though, I don’t think Herro does that for the Heat. It’s Lowry.

So let me get this straight, the Heat have 2 point guards in their starting lineup?

PG Lowry

PG Herro

:eyebrow:

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

I like Herro but that is a crazy statement to make to put himself in the same conversation of those guys.  He isn't in the conversation with Trae.  He is in the conversation with Huerter.

Isn't this the Ja strategy though?   It worked for him.  Morant been telling people for 2 years that he's as good or better than Trae and now people think they are equal somehow when it's  not really even close.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2