• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

Watched episode 1 just now just to see Randle.  I didn't realize they added a brown streak to the Knicks shorts color scheme.  Wait no, it's just Randle's shorts.  Super weird.

Knicks version interviewed Randle during his pre-game meal ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47lj3jw7stfrhzfk2f4u

and again during a film session ...

Then they finally got a word out of 'im ...

• Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

I know some will disagree, but you have to wonder if player empowerment is reaching it's breaking point. It was inevitable a Kyrie or Simmons situation was going to happen as star players have more and more leverage. At some point the owners have to say enough is enough. 

What can they do though?  That's the thing about these big contracts.  You might as well sign them because when a player wants out all they have to do is say the word.  

• Premium Member

I'm glad our negotiation with JC was smooth last year even if they didn't come to an agreement.  It's real contentious in the Land of the Sun:

......Jones refuted the widespread claim that this was a case of Sarver being cheap. Above all else, he claims the Suns were open to discussing the possibility of a three- or four-year max deal, and that it was only the designated rookie five-year max that was completely off the table in the talks that clearly didn’t go well.

“We didn’t have real negotiations,” Jones said.

But Ayton’s agents, Bill Duffy and Nima Namakian, strongly disagree and were adamant in multiple conversations with The Athletic on Tuesday that a max deal of any kind was never offered even informally. From beginning to end, they said, the organization’s unmistakable message from Sarver on down was that Ayton wasn’t viewed as worthy of a max deal. In response, Jones said, “They know that a three- or four-year max was not an (acceptable) option for them.”

Suns GM James Jones on Deandre Ayton contract extension talks: ‘We didn’t have real negotiations’ – The Athletic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I know some will disagree, but you have to wonder if player empowerment is reaching it's breaking point. It was inevitable a Kyrie or Simmons situation was going to happen as star players have more and more leverage. At some point the owners have to say enough is enough. 

Player Empowerment isnt anything new in sports.. Joe Montana..... Brett Favre... Eli Manning... John Elway..... Eric Dickerson...Jerome Bettis.... Randy Moss..... etc.....All of these guys forced a trade at some point...Not defending Simmons. Just sayin..

• Thanks 1