• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I don't think he believes it. I think it's an ego trip to show Ben that he has all the control in this situation.

Yeah.  Total cut off nose/spite face movement from PHI.  Cut yer losses, bro.

Problem is, Morey's a 2k gm so he wants "names".  In reality, the best deal for PHI is likely one that doesn't bring back an all-star.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah.  Total cut off nose/spite face movement from PHI.  Cut yer losses, bro.

Problem is, Morey's a 2k gm so he wants "names".  In reality, the best deal for PHI is likely one that doesn't bring back an all-star.

Folks think the Sixers are still contending despite sitting their second best player and not replacing him with anyone.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Folks think the Sixers are still contending despite sitting their second best player and not replacing him with anyone.   

They also think he's the only one of them that choked during the Hawks series.  I guess they ignored Harris, JoeLLLL, Green (while he was healthy) and {insert roleplayer who's name doesn't matter} all comin' up short multiple times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Why does Morey think his value will go up? 

My guess is that Morey is hoping less that his value will increase and more that some other team gets desperate.  Maybe relationships sour somewhere else or someone gets injured, etc. and then things shift to get him more than whatever has been offered.  

One thing I can say is that I can't believe the Sixers' leverage could possibly get lower than it is right now even if Simmons outright refuses to do anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

And the Simmons return to the Sixers starts.   Mental health, back treatment.   He wants his money.  They'll get him back on the court in a few weeks and trade him in January.   Book it.

Yep, and they'll end up trading him for some dude(s) they could've traded him for last month.  Only difference is, while they're out here poking their lil' chests out, they've allowed this situation to tear at the fabric of their team.

Let's not pretend like everybody on the team is against him.  And, guess what, some of them dudes probably don't like how they threw him under the bus.  And they recognize, if they face adversity, the first thing that's gonna happen is "leadership" goes into self-preservation mode.

So all in all, as a fan of an opposing team, I can only say a heartfelt "thanks" to the Sixers for this supreme self-own.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

My guess is that Morey is hoping less that his value will increase and more that some other team gets desperate.  Maybe relationships sour somewhere else or someone gets injured, etc. and then things shift to get him more than whatever has been offered.  

One thing I can say is that I can't believe the Sixers' leverage could possibly get lower than it is right now even if Simmons outright refuses to do anything.

He might have learned his lesson about trading away talent while its value is perceived low with Capela. 

• Like 2