• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021 into 2022 OFFSEASON News and Notes

RandomFan

1 hour ago, terrell said:

The Spurs are waiving veteran forward Al-Farouq Aminu, sources tell .

I always thought he would be a decent fit in Atlanta...

Is he washed now?

If he people on this board think Avery Bradley, who was one year removed from a really good year in LA, is washed, then Aminu is super washed. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Aminu is super washed. 

You're not going to get a better minimum contract vet who fits a role (ie, given Big2O's injury absence, and JJ's predestination for minutes in College Park) for that 15th seat. Aminu was just getting back from his injury in ORL, and getting significant minutes last season, when the trade deadline came around and he got dealt to CHI--where Donovan didn't want to play him in lieu of others he was wanting to develop.

Aminu has just turned 31, a few months older than Solo, and truth be told, an appreciably higher upside at both ends of the floor, particularly at PF where we have an opportunity for the 15th player to get some minutes.

Other side of the ledger, though, Solo's been appreciably more dependable and durable.

Given how much down time Aminu's had, though, it doesn't seem likely that that should be any concern at this point. Whatever wear was off his tire when he came back to start some games in ORL is pretty much still the same.

Interesting non-extension guys ..

Ayton - Imagine taking a dude at 1, get to the Finals, then balk at paying him what the market will bear?  Yikes.

Listening to Eddie Johnson on the radio tryna talk around this poor decision by the Suns is maddening.

Sexton - What are you doing, CLE?  Why's the guy still there if you know you don't want to pay him.  Nothing's changed since before last year.  What're you waiting for?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Interesting non-extension guys ..

Ayton - Imagine taking a dude at 1, get to the Finals, then balk at paying him what the market will bear?  Yikes.

Listening to Eddie Johnson on the radio tryna talk around this poor decision by the Suns is maddening.

Sexton - What are you doing, CLE?  Why's the guy still there if you know you don't want to pay him.  Nothing's changed since before last year.  What're you waiting for?

the madness of the Suns is that they extended Shamet to a 4yr/$43 mil deal - considering the year he had, yikes.  The length is the problem for me.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

the madness of the Suns is that they extended Shamet to a 4yr/$43 mil deal - considering the year he had, yikes.  The length is the problem for me.

Yeah Shamet isnt worth that much...

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Some observations I have from these behind the scenes clips,

JC is obviously the vocal leader that everyone said he was. He is the longest tenured current Hawk. He takes that role seriously and I love it.

Gallo always waits for everyone to run out and then he goes last. For those familiar with black greek organizations he has what is referred to as a "Tail-Dawg" mentality. He is protecting all of his brothers backs, nothing happens to them with out getting past him. It's pretty dope to see that instinct in him. He doesn't budge until the last teammate runs out. 

Lou is always watching as if he is another coach. He isn't on the bench jumping around. He is up and locked in on the action, ready to give his teammates advice. Definitely took the torch of the VC role.

Trae is just a killer. All business on the court. He always seems so focused. It pairs well with JC being the vocal one, and Trae being the best player who can just lock in. Trae carries us on the court. JC carries us off of it.

I only watched to see Gallo stick his chess' and chin out.  I got what I wanted at the 33:34 mark.

• Haha 2