• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade and Free Agent Season.

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm not afraid of the Heat. They signed a bunch of 35 year olds and everyone is like oh look at da kulture. They didn't improve their offense which was their problem last year. If this team doesn't work out next year they will be stuck on the treadmill for a few seasons. 

Charlotte is on the come up.

Washington is still mediocre at best.

Who said anything about being afraid? lol

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I watched a lot of Conley this year and thought he was a monster. His metrics are off the f***ing charts. 

I agree he’s solid and the Jazz have no other options but I’m not sure they make noise with Conley. Having said that he is the perfect compliment to Mitch as he defers to The Don.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but how much money do we have left assuming we resign Collins and with the money we have Dieng? 

Thanks.

I just went through this privately with Stuart. We're into min vet deal/ MLE money for anyone not our own.

But we can't answer that without the final numbers on JC and or if we keep Lou.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry if this has been covered already but how much money do we have left assuming we resign Collins and with the money we have Dieng? 

Thanks.

Vet min $1.6 mil

MLE $9.5 mil

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But he's too good to just ride our bench. I have too much respect for Millsap for that to be his role with us. Go ring chase with the Lakers or Bucks.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

But he's too good to just ride our bench. I have to much respect for Millsap for that to be his role with us. Go ring chase with the Lakers or Bucks.

He wants a lot more money than Solo to do the same thing as Solo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ATLHawks3 said:

But he's too good to just ride our bench. I have to much respect for Millsap for that to be his role with us. Go ring chase with the Lakers or Bucks.

Hes not that good anymore..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

He wants a lot more money than Solo to do the same thing as Solo

Yea, but if we get decimitaed with Injuries having Millsap step in would be way better than having Solo step in, especially at PF. Not sold on if it makes sense, but if we have the MLE available to us who else would be better at that price?

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Vet min $1.6 mil

MLE $9.5 mil

Danilo Gallinari $ 20,475,000      
Bogdan Bogdanovic $ 18,000,000      
Clint Capela $ 17,103,448      
Delon Wright $ 8,526,316      
Trae Young $ 8,326,471      
De'Andre Hunter $ 7,775,400      
Onyeka Okongwu $ 6,104,280      
Cam Reddish $ 4,670,160      
Kevin Huerter $ 4,253,357      
Jalen Johnson $ 2,659,680      
Solomon Hill $ 1,669,178      
Skylar Mays $ 1,489,065

Gorgui Dieng                     $4,000,000

Total (13 under contract):    $105,052,355

Holds (why over cap)                                    Projected

Lou Williams $ 15,200,000     $ 1,669,178
John Collins $ 12,411,906

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Obviously not an All-Star, but he's still productive.

Yea, he's still good, 17-10 per 36 mins on OK efficiency while still being a + defender. Would be a great backup option if we didn't have Gallo. As a third string PF he will be underused and overpaid if we get him, but hey if we have the MLE would be a fantastic insurance policy in case of Gallo (who is injury prone) or JC go down. 

Note:  Unless we make another move.  It doesn't matter what order these are processed since it was our own players.  Dieng will require use of the MLE to sign at 4 million. Even if Lou is renounced we wouldn't have 4 million under the cap due to John's hold and the holds of the players we resigned.

So we technically have vet min and 5.5 mil MLE left to spend outside of John.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

Okay for poops and smirks, lets revisit that BAE discussion now so it makes sense.

Salaries $105,052,235 mil.

John max: $28,103,500.  (he's not getting this so its moot but use it for the calculation).

Total:  $133.155,735

LT threshold: $136,606,000 (number to calculate BAE).

BAE available $3,405,265.  MLE available $5,500,000.

If you used the BAE here to sign anyone, you are now hard capped. Use the MLE, you can sign someone without paying tax (kicks in at $142 mil) and still have the BAE available later if you clear room and want to sign someone waived at the deadline.

Sign Lou Will to the vet min and you only have $1.7 mil in BAE available as your total salary goes up but the threshold stays the same.

• Thanks 2

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

That's better than Dwight for sure.

Also, because it's a one year deal, he has veto power on a trade. 

Just now, thecampster said:

John max: $28,103,500.  (he's not getting this so its moot but use it for the calculation).

Is this sourced that he's not getting the max?  There's still SAS I'm worried about.