• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade and Free Agent Season.

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Lakers really are running a nostalgia-tour season with that nursing home squad

I was about to say, is nobody gonna talk about the Lakers and Melo?

I feel bad for Portland man, he was solid for them. Super hard for them to attract and retain top talent. Melo was a perfect pairing for that team

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Nothing on Heurter I guess?  If we aren't making effort to extend him now, I worry this will be his last season with us.  We might be prepping to pay hunter/cam?

We have until the day before the start of the season to sign Huerter to a rookie extension. I believe they'd handle John and Trae and then Huerter. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Broken record here... there's practically zero incentive for us to make a serious effort at a Kvon extension, and practically every reason, therefore, to expect us to be doing the Collins dance this time next off-season with him. Might offer him something just a little above the "that's just disrespectful" line, but nothing he's likely to jump on.

That's what I was thinking, too. If they didn't seriously offer an extension to John, I doubt they would to K'von.

11 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

That's what I was thinking, too. If they didn't seriously offer an extension to John, I doubt they would to K'von.

They seriously offered John Collins an extension last year.  No team has more than $20 million in cap to offer him right now.  The Hawks offer him AAV of $22.5 million and reports now they are offering him AAV $25 million.

It would be wise to offer Kevin a team friendly deal before the season. If he takes it, it's a win for the Hawks so they SHOULD offer him something.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because he'll make less than 100 mill in those first 4 years. A max deal would pay him 20+ mill more in those first 4 years.

Clearly the rest of the league doesn't think he's worth close to the max. If his agent is even decent at their job, they should be taking the Hawks' offer.

• Premium Member

I'm not keeping track but I'm hearing OKC still has room. And they are the kind of opportunistic team that gets fairly creative sometimes in turning others' situations into their gain.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm not keeping track but I'm hearing OKC still has room. And they are the kind of opportunistic team that gets fairly creative sometimes in turning others' situations into their gain.

Just saw this...

hace 17 minutos, sturt dijo:

They have around 20m$ but I don't see any pieces they have that we would like on sign and trade.

Edited by gurpilo

40 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Is JC looking for sign and trades?

Im thinking the contract might be 5 yr 100-110 mill(with incentives) , instead of 5 yr 125 we keep seeing....Maybe that's why he hasnt signed? Thats the Only thing I can come up with..lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

They have around 20m$ but I don't see any pieces they have that we would like on sign and trade.

They have a pile of first-round picks lying around...including their own that we own lottery-protected for next year.