• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade and Free Agent Season.

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Also, because it's a one year deal, he has veto power on a trade. 

Is this sourced that he's not getting the max?  There's still SAS I'm worried about. 

I can't source it but rest assured he's not getting the max. I'll stand by the $22.5 to $25 mil range I mentioned a few days ago which is weakly sourced.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

LOL it's actually hilarious. You can hack a Ben and hack a Drummond.  Although Drummond has improved from his league worst days. 

The real difference is that Drummond isn't going to see the floor down the stretch of any important game because Embiid will get all those minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

IMHO this can only mean one thing. Nobody else wanted to take NY's money.

Agreed but, perhaps more importantly, there wasn't really anyone available that warranted offering it.  That, imho, is probably what Schlenk forecasted last season.

That Fournier deal?  I mean, who were they bidding against?  Smacked of "bwah we got money, gotta spend it 'fore the day's over and we miss it all ... whew, we did something, now what?".

Guy plays the position they seem to want their Barrett to play.  Plus, don't they have to pay Barrett next year on top of that?  The years on Fournier's deal make it less than ideal to trade.

NYK may be marginally better but was the juice worth the squeeze?

Considering my guy Fraschilla said he was told NYK would sit out free agency this year, I'm wondering if they panicked or got Dolan'd into making a signing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Agreed but, perhaps more importantly, there wasn't really anyone available that warranted offering it.  That, imho, is probably what Schlenk forecasted last season.

That Fournier deal?  I mean, who were they bidding against?  Smacked of "bwah we got money, gotta spend it 'fore the day's over and we miss it all ... whew, we did something, now what?".

Guy plays the position they seem to want their Barrett to play.  Plus, don't they have to pay Barrett next year on top of that?  The years on Fournier's deal make it less than ideal to trade.

NYK may be marginally better but was the juice worth the squeeze?

Considering my guy Fraschilla said he was told NYK would sit out free agency this year, I'm wondering if they panicked or got Dolan'd into making a signing.

I think it's the length of the deals that are more bothersome for me.   Should have signed bigger 1+1 (TO) deals if anything to maintain more future flexibility.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Same team for the Knicks except swap Fournier for Bullock. And add in their rookies Grimes, McBide, Sims. 

They also get Robinson back which is the second coming if you ask Knicks fans.

I do like Fournier for them though. He can at least put the ball on the floor and get to the hoop. You can't just hide Trae on him like we did with Bullock. Makes their offense more dynamic.

• Like 1

I mentioned this a few days ago. They've worked out numbers but they want JC to have the full free agency experience. That's what's going on right now. He's shopping himself, meeting with teams, being sold on things outside of money. He and the Hawks have that understanding.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks and JC are in a fierce stare down right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nix runnin' it bak ... just more expensive.

Which means they will be a 6 to 8  seed this year and 1 and done in the playoffs. Knicks fans will be hot once again once they get bounced from the playoffs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

The real difference is that Drummond isn't going to see the floor down the stretch of any important game because Embiid will get all those minutes.

Reminded that this is one of the great beauties of the Dieng signing... though I have confidence that OO's FT% will get up to the 70% area anyhow... we have a legit alternative if a team decides to start playing hack-a-Capella games late.

• Like 3