• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade and Free Agent Season.

JayBirdHawk

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

That would be a great signing for them. Moving on from Westbrook, getting a bunch of solid players for him and replacing him with a better player. Low key great moves by the wiz. 

Damn near everyone in the east improved.

• Premium Member
Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Damn near everyone in the east improved.

yea, I really like the moves by the Bulls as well. PG was a gaping hole for them and they filled it with Ball who is very solid, and Caruso who is incredibly underrated and one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Delon Wright is better value at that price. 

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Not really. They are both making 9 million this year. 

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

But Wright is more versatile and better overall. 

They're very close:

Player Comparison: Delon Wright vs. T.J. McConnell | Stathead.com

We can chose to extend Wright next season if he plays well and if we chose.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They're very close:

Yup, but consider McConnell can only play PG, and can't shoot from the outside at all while D-wright can play and guard multiple positions and is an above average shooter from three. If we had McConnell it's basically impossible to play him next to Trae so his ceiling as far as minutes goes are those Trae sits on the bench, while Wright can be our primary PG and eat up minutes at the wing if we need him to.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They're very close:

What matters to me is that McConnell has had exactly one... one... 20+ game in his career (ie, last season).

Wright had six last season.

While I'd prefer someone with even more potential offensive punch, that's reason for significantly more confidence that the offense will flow well even when Trae's sitting than it would with a game manager type PG like McConnell.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

What matters to me is that McConnell has had exactly one... one... 20+ game in his career (ie, last season).

Wright had six last season.

While I'd prefer someone with even more potential offensive punch, that's reason for significantly more confidence that the offense will flow well even when Trae's sitting than it would with a game manager type PG like McConnell.

Yea, I think for our team as its constructed Wright is the better value, as he'll likely provide us with more minutes than T.J. T.J. is great, but he is a better fit for a team that does not have Trae Young who demands 33 minutes a night when healthy.

• Premium Member

If my calculations are close...

If we used our Biannual to pick up Dieng,  that means we still have either 6 or 9 Million in our MLE.  One of your math whizzes who understand the CBA help me out here.

I assume we can get Lou on a vet min...

Won't that leave us space in case we want to trade or sign somebody else?

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

If we used our Biannual to pick up Dieng,  that means we still have either 6 or 9 Million in our MLE.  One of your math whizzes who understand the CBA help me out here.

This all depends on the order the deals are processed. We have holds but once we start signing players, we will need to process the small contracts first. My guess is Dieng's is processed first at no exception. Then JC's, then on our last 2 players we use the 3 mil BAE and NT-MLE.  Those become available after we break the cap.  Any non JC contract should be processed first as it won't require an exception.  I'm waiting until we get some word on JC's contract before I state what we have and how slow to the LT we are. The Dieng signing was a good bargain and gives us LT room to play and possibly use all of the remaining exceptions.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Compelling big-picture free agency thoughts... or so I thought... from Hollinger this a.m......

2021-08-03_10-06-01.png

I like the Pels moves. I'd rather pay Graham 10 a year than Ball 20 a year, and Valanciunas is easily a better player for them than Steven Adams. They aren't huge moves but they should be improved overall while not marrying their cap to Ball who is OK, but not a star. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

By my calculations if we sign a vet min and used the full MLE and JC gets a starting $28 mil max we'll be at $143.4 million - $7 mil over the Luxury Tax. (Luxury Tax for this year is $136.6 million)

If we are intent on using the full MLE, a vet min AND stay under the LT, JC's starting salary needs to come in at $21 million.

Depending on JC's starting salary it may depend on how much of the MLE we want to use to avoid the tax to start the year.

****The Tax is calculated at the end of the year so we can make moves at the end of the season to get under  the tax even if we start over. 

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, I think for our team as its constructed Wright is the better value, as he'll likely provide us with more minutes than T.J. T.J. is great, but he is a better fit for a team that does not have Trae Young who demands 33 minutes a night when healthy.

TJ had more assists, more steals, and an impressive .574 eFG%. But no three point shooting, like you said.