Jalen Johnson - WELCOME TO THE HAWKS!

RandomFan

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, txsting said:

I don't think they could have.  In fact, I think the current situation will actually demand another move.  Under no circumstance are they going to pay Gallo 20M next year, in my opinion.

We can decline his $20 million and guarantee his $5 mill and resign him for more years at less money if he is amenable to such a deal, an MLE sort of deal.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 1:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

From ESPN Insider:

The first-round picks and G League standouts ready to be called up

Jalen Johnson | 6-9 | Forward | Atlanta Hawks | Age: 20.0 | No. 20 pick

... When at his best, Johnson is a rarity at the G League level - a 6-9 forward who can impact the game all over the floor on both ends when engaged and not trying to do too much. 

I understand his impact on the offensive end, but on both ends? That's news to me. Unless they aren't talking about POSITIVE impact on both ends.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can decline his $20 million and guarantee his $5 mill and resign him for more years at less money if he is amenable to such a deal, an MLE sort of deal.

I didn't think we could do that, that's why I was trying to trade him.  If that's the case, I'm all for keeping Gallo on a more reasonable deal. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would he also be able to be signed and traded in a format like this?  Or does it only work if he resigns with us?  

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would think Gallo would command $12-$15 mil per in the upcoming market. I mean he'd sign with someone at that amount. We've had activity on him at $20 mil.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I would think Gallo would command $12-$15 mil per in the upcoming market. I mean he'd sign with someone at that amount. We've had activity on him at $20 mil.

Yea, Gallo is tall and can shoot the ever living hell out of the ball. He'll get offered more than the MLE regardless of his age for sure. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
57 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Right on!

To be right and so wrong in one post.

Oh Boy! 😄

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952shww8ydgivwoz2ahm7z

I honestly didn't realize I was such a big Jalen stan in the beginning. Screw you Nate!

Haha that's what I thought too.

Great calls by you.  I thought Sharife was gonna be something as well, egg on face.

Solo has such a high IQ.  I think the NBA community overstates defensive versatility a lot, there‘s no player who can deter a quick guard and a True C off a shot attempt, not even Bam or JJJ who most point towards.  I wouldn’t say Jalen can “guard” 1-5 but he certainly can “affect” 1-5.  And that’s plenty good enough.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1