RandomFan

‘22-‘23 starting lineup:

Ice Très/Cam/Dre/JJ/J-Bap

Oh no he di’nt 😳

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 1

Just now, marco102 said:

lol..

I'd prefer JJ in the backup role and Capela still in the starting lineup. 

For this season I do too ✔️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Jalen Johnson putting in work on that jumper.  His catch and shoot attempts were pretty elite in college. If he can work on getting his off the bounce mid-range shooting to slightly above league average, he's going to be a beast!

He’s one of these cats with supreme confidence off the bat. He’s worried about that second contract. This dude all biz for reals. Schlenk struck again, I thought a top 14 pick in Jalen but honestly he’s looking top 5-8ish.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s one of these cats with supreme confidence off the bat. He’s worried about that second contract. This dude all biz for reals. Schlenk struck again, I thought a top 14 pick in Jalen but honestly he’s looking top 5-8ish.

I was personally really low on him by being a casual and not studying his film.  After looking over the film and seeing him in summer league, I'm super excited to see how he grows in the next few years.  

He's def a top 10 lottery talent.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I was personally really low on him by being a casual and not studying his film.  After looking over the film and seeing him in summer league, I'm super excited to see how he grows in the next few years.  

He's def a top 10 lottery talent.  

Ya I didn’t even bother scouting him more than a few clips as I just didn’t think he’d be there. I don’t think there was a single mock out there that had him slipping past like 16 or 17.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I didn’t even bother scouting him more than a few clips as I just didn’t think he’d be there. I don’t think there was a single mock out there that had him slipping past like 16 or 17.

If their was it was like 1 out of every 500 to 1000 most people for sure didn't have him that far down.  Heck even on the real gm fan vote one we did he didn't make it out of the top 10.  We all voted him gone by like 8 or 9 to Sac if im not mistaken.    No chance i thought he would make it to 20 or we would have a chance at him.  Being a Duke fan ofcourse i was a big fan of his and knew his talent but i never put him in any of my mocks or players i wanted because i was being realistic on guys i thought we could actually draft who would be there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

19, sounding like a grown a$$ man in that interview. 

• Like 2

Don't be 'that guy', kg ... don't do it ...... ok, I gotta do it.

I don't want muh rooks worryin' about "that 2nd contract".  Just work on gettin' into the rotation, dude.  Confidence is great.  Heyul, even cockiness is great.  As long as he can help us win.

We got scorin'.  We need the bigs to do dirty work and defend .... and be a threat to score when the time's right.

He's got work to do on the defensive end, so maybe worry about that second effort on defense before worryin' bout that second contract.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e477agu3aus907h1o9er

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't want muh rooks worryin' about "that 2nd contract".  Just work on gettin' into the rotation, dude.  Confidence is great.  Heyul, even cockiness is great.  As long as he can help us win.

We got scorin'.  We need the bigs to do dirty work and defend .... and be a threat to score when the time's right.

He's got work to do on the defensive end, so maybe worry about that second effort on defense before worryin' bout that second contract.

Aka F&ck awlll that cute $hit.

#twerkulator #citygirls #falldatcute$hit

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ps this kid’s got great hair he’s like a modern day Fonzarelli.

image.gif.67e7f9169e0f1dbca568689038f00728.gif

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Aka F&ck awlll that cute $hit.

#twerkulator #citygirls #falldatcute$hit

I mean, I'm rooting for the guy and all that.  But we all know, if we heard any other team's rookie talking about 2nd contract before his first game, we would call 'em out.

I get it.  It's just a kid pumping himself up to not be disappointed about going top-5 or w/e.  I just think it comes across a little wrong(ish) especially considering one of the knocks (fair or unfair) on him is not being all about team.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mean, I'm rooting for the guy and all that.  But we all know, if we heard any other team's rookie talking about 2nd contract before his first game, we would call 'em out.

I get it.  It's just a kid pumping himself up to not be disappointed about going top-5 or w/e.  I just think it comes across a little wrong(ish) especially considering one of the knocks (fair or unfair) on him is not being all about team.

Agreed, like Schlenk said for our process, no skipping steps. Same should apply to Jalen and his trajectory henceforth.

• Like 1

This was posted on the 23rd, it's a 30+ minute breakdown and discussion of Jalen Johnson and what he showed during summer league, improvements from the year at Duke, etc... Very good discussion from the knowledgeable PD Web. I can't seem to embed the youtube link to load at the correct time for the Jalen talk, but it starts around the 2:05:00 mark. 

Edited by RandomFan
  • Thanks 1