• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris is Dunn in Atlanta (Traded for The Wright Stuff)

kg01

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like the deal will be finalized on August 6th now. I need to find the tweet to support this. 

This is Boston all of the way. They still got moves they want to make to expand the roster. Some FA PGs are interested in joining the Celtics so it's easier to have this trade as open. From SAC/ATL side. It's done. This deal was NEVER meant to be closed before the end of the year. 

People got confused due to the Josh Richardson trade that HAD to be finished before the new year. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

If he gies and balls out for Boston I am going to be big mad FRFR. 

He clearly had complications in his recovery that no one anticipated.  We had the option to hold onto him and enjoy a healthier version that we had expected to see a month or so into the season last year and chose to move on to Wright.  That was the right call.  If Dunn turns out to rebound to the impact player he was before he got hurt, there is no reason to be mad about that.

It would be like mad about Lou Will going on to better things after he underachieved his first run through Atlanta due to having torn his ACL.  You know it is going to take time to get back up to speed and his recovery may not follow the original timeline.  If  you choose to stick with him, you may end up disappointed or you can enjoy it when he returns to health.  That is the nature of an injured player.  

Unless someone thinks that Dunn fooled the Atlanta doctors who examined him or Nancy Kerrigan'd himself to be able to sit on the bench without contributing when he could otherwise have returned, there is no reason to be mad at him simply because he turned out to be more injured and take longer to recover than anybody predicted.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

He clearly had complications in his recovery that no one anticipated.  We had the option to hold onto him and enjoy a healthier version that we had expected to see a month or so into the season last year and chose to move on to Wright.  That was the right call.  If Dunn turns out to rebound to the impact player he was before he got hurt, there is no reason to be mad about that.

It would be like mad about Lou Will going on to better things after he underachieved his first run through Atlanta due to having torn his ACL.  You know it is going to take time to get back up to speed and his recovery may not follow the original timeline.  If  you choose to stick with him, you may end up disappointed or you can enjoy it when he returns to health.  That is the nature of an injured player.  

Unless someone thinks that Dunn fooled the Atlanta doctors who examined him or Nancy Kerrigan'd himself to be able to sit on the bench without contributing when he could otherwise have returned, there is no reason to be mad at him simply because he turned out to be more injured and take longer to recover than anybody predicted.

I won’t be mad at him. I just don’t want Boston benefitting from him when we couldn’t. Also, I think he was healthy pretty early on but got a lot of Coaches DNPs because other players were just better. 

• Like 1