• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gorgui Dieng signs with the Atlanta Hawks. One-year, $4 Million.

Gray Mule

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Question:  Does any one not on the Squawk remember that he is a Hawk?  If they even noticed at the time we signed him, they probably have forgotten by now.

Surprise!  Gorgui Dieng is a Hawk!  He's signed for the entire season!

While 0017 is out, recovering from surgery until the 1st of the year, Hawks really needed someone to fill in.  This is he.  Now, when Capela needs a rest or, heaven forbid, he must miss time with an injury or sickness, we have a very good replacement ready to play.

:smug:

I think he will fill a very important reserve role for this team and will remain a big value add even after OO17 is back.

• Like 1

• Moderators

So many teams focus on 'how are we going to get by X team in the playoffs' but you have to get there and get a good seeding.   You need the right 6-8 players for the playoffs but you need 10-12 to get through the season.    Last year without guys like Snell, Lou, Solo helping win games we easily could have dropped into the play in.   Dieng is much needed to backup CC.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

that was just a cheap shot

Wouldn't be too quick, though, to presume there wasn't a cheap shot that preceded it at some point, and it was simple eye-for-an-eye from GD's perspective.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Wouldn't be too quick, though, to presume there wasn't a cheap shot that preceded it at some point, and it was simple eye-for-an-eye from GD's perspective.

I don’t assume that.  I’m just not a fan of that type of hit.  Would rather he crush the guy on a screen, etc. than hit him from behind on a non-basketball move.  Hitting a guy when his back is turned just doesn’t sit well with me even if the other guy took cheap shots leading up to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

They had words earlier..lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...