• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Media Hawks Disrespect Thread

sturt

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae is - at worst - Tier 2C (with Kyrie, Tatum, Bam, CP3, and Middleton) and more reasonably Tier 2B (with Dame, Butler, Gobert, and PG13).  

The idea that he's behind these cats is just insane to me.  Trae is a legit top 15 player in the NBA right now.  His passing is top 2 or 3 in the NBA while his floater is probably top 5. His 3pt shooting is nothing to write home about but it's not a liability either. But more importantly, he's a floor general.  A leader. The clear ALPHA and leader of the team.  In an NBA where it takes legit STARS to lead a team to a title, Trae is that guy for Atlanta.  And that SHOULD matter in these type of analyses.  

Booker and Trae are higher in my opinion than how this guy rates them

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Booker and Trae are higher in my opinion than how this guy rates them

They are both top 15.  I know it seems like splitting hairs, but this guy didn't want to put Trae in the same tier as Luka. For him to claim defensively, Trae is the worst player in the league is disingenuous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don't care much about what they say, but I do in fact care about whether we get a fair shake at National TV games and what not.

If I have to sit through the Pelicans getting 3 times as many primetime games as us I'm going to jump.

Zion is great, but Im sorry, his dunks do not look that spectacular in the NBA as they did at Duke. He doesn't have the same buzz as a pro. They need to stop force feeding him to us especially since his team still sucks. 

I want double digit games on prime time 

I think people want to see Trae.   Trae is a ratings cow.   The pelican views were for Zion.     But I think Trae's playoff run has netted us at least 5 televised games. 

18 hours ago, marco102 said:

They are both top 15.  I know it seems like splitting hairs, but this guy didn't want to put Trae in the same tier as Luka. For him to claim defensively, Trae is the worst player in the league is disingenuous. 

Luka stans are losing their ish in the comments with the golden boy being listed as Tier 2 instead of Tier 0 as the greatest player to have ever graced us with his presence.  I lost count of how many "Luka is the best player in the NBA" statements there are.  It's ridiculous.  And funny.  And pathetic.  All at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Luka stans are losing their ish in the comments with the golden boy being listed as Tier 2 instead of Tier 0 as the greatest player to have ever graced us with his presence.  I lost count of how many "Luka is the best player in the NBA" statements there are.  It's ridiculous.  And funny.  And pathetic.  All at the same time. 

I saw that and lol.  He's very good, but you can't put him ahead of players who've won Championships and made deep runs in playoffs on multiple occasions. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I'm proud of you.

I have a very different perspective.

It just doesn't feel right. We can't have comedy actors thinking they can just all of a sudden take the lead role in a heavy drama.

People need to stay in their lane and not try to be all things to all people.

I'm disappointed.

And giphy.gif

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Is this opposite Day?

There will certainly be some who view last season’s run to the conference finals as a fluke, but there’s no reason to pay anyone attention who thinks that’s the case. The Hawks are even deeper than they were last year. There should be more consistency to the backup point guard spot. De’Andre Hunter is expected to be healthy by the start of training camp at the end of September. And the Hawks as a team now know what success looks like up close. They have the knowledge of what it takes to win in the playoffs. Now it’s on Nate McMillan to figure out the rotation, and that’s a tough task because of how loaded this roster is. One of the most-used words from McMillan last season was “sacrifice,” and that’s going to have to be the case this coming season.

The Hawks have positioned themselves well for the future. Now is the time to prove they can turn one good season into consistency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1