• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Media Hawks Disrespect Thread

sturt

Dang.  Are we out of the east?  Remember, years ago, the Braves were a west coast team with the Giants and the Dodgers.  I never understood that.  Have the Hawks became a west coast team like that?

If we haven't moved, that means someone thinks we aren't very good.

I think I'm going to 😪

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Dang.  Are we out of the east?  Remember, years ago, the Braves were a west coast team with the Giants and the Dodgers.  I never understood that.  Have the Hawks became a west coast team like that?

Yes sir. 93 was a stressful year between us. I think we won like 101 games and they won 99 or 100. It was super close. 91 we went toe to toe with the Dodgers. Lol. Never got that either Gramps. Geographically it makes 0 sense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Tucker has got to be one of the most overrated players in the NBA atm. Dude is not a needle mover. 

No offensive skill.  And defense consists of, "Man, I sure hope they don't call all dees fouls today."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

No offensive skill.  And defense consists of, "Man, I sure hope they don't call all dees fouls today."

He hustles hard like a lot of the rec leaguers I used to play with. About as much raw talent too. He’s made the most of having the least amount of talent tho. Oh wow I’m starting to sound like Supes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He did a really great job on KD apparently. Holding him to averages of 42 points on 50% shooting in the series lol

Yeah but it was a hard 42 on 50%.  Plus there was that one time where he squared up to fight ... knowing full well he wasn't gonna fight.

🙄

• Premium Member

To the point of the original post...

Yes, I saw this yesterday and it was very disrespectful not just to us but also to Philly. 

I feel that all said and done, it's more like:

1.  Milwaukee (only because they won). 

2.  Atlanta

3.  Philly. 

4.  Brooklyn

5.  Miami 

6. Charlotte

7. NY

8.   Chicago

9.  Toronto

10.  Pacers

I think that Lowry doesn't really make Miami that much better.

and on the PJ Tucker front.. he increases the rebounding and will provide a better Wall against GIannis.    But doesn't improve's Miami's defensive play against teams like ours.  He just gives us somebody to stick Trae on defensively.... i.e. Self Checked. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

You wish someone kept a record of these people's comments in one place where their wisdom or their ignorance could be readily assessed and given grades every year. This has gotten so ridiculous to me that people with no more actual basketball credentials than most of us... and I include all the morning show loudmouths... get paid handsomely for just having an opinion and beyond that a little stage presence. We need a Consumer Reports... a Better Business Bureau... some accountability arm that credentials the ones who actually say things that prove to have substance, while condemning those who can't keep up to their rightful place on the lower end of the proverbial totem pole of respect/regard.

(I give away my best ideas. If any one wants to take that and run with it and develop such a site, sell a little advertising, make a few bucks.... please do with my blessing.)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

They still see us as Flukes... Even though since Nate Took over we were the best team in the East... Even though we walked through the Knicks and the 76ers in the playoffs and had Milwaukee on the ropes until Trae got hurt... remember we won game 1. 

I just want us to get to 100% healthy with Nate's cooking. 

• Like 3