• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What about c&c co. Remember those t shirts in 5th grade, along with quicksilver! I was a lil 🏄‍♂️ er 😂 

Was actually referring to C + C 
Music Factory from the early 90s 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't forget, if too many are out, Jalen Johnson and T L-Cabarrot are still available for a quick minute or two.  Don't expect either of them unless the score is way out of line.

:hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last night's game  was rough.  The Hawks got out hustled.  The Wizards had 11 more shot attempts than the Hawks due to offensive rebounding and the turnover edge.  The Wizards deserved the win last night.  I say all that to get to updated defensive and offensive ratings.   The Hawks are the 6th ranked offense and the still the 4th rated defense. If that holds up, we will be in very good shape by the end of the year.   The only better team is Utah who is 3rd in both offensive and defensive rating.

Our expectations have been reset and every loss stings a lot more, but overall this is a pretty good start to the season.  Let's go get this win in Philly.  The upcoming schedule after Philly gets really rough and will tell us a lot about our team. 

BR power rankings! RESPECT! :dance: 4 ain’t bad.

4. Atlanta Hawks

27 OF 30

a4e9905d5158fbc9b74b83db1a7ce2ff_crop_ex
Adam Hagy/Getty Images

Previous Ranking: 8

The Atlanta Hawks stumbled on the road against the Washington Wizards on Thursday, but the bright spots are outshining the disappointments early this season.

Steady contributions from Trae Young, John Collins and Clint Capela certainly aren't surprising, but Cam Reddish's emergence as a Sixth Man of the Year sleeper could be what takes Atlanta to the next level.

After putting up 10.7 points per game and shooting 30.9 percent from three-point range in his first two seasons, Reddish has exploded with 16.2 points and a 44.0 three-point percentage. As a dynamic three-and-D threat, Reddish can raise Atlanta's ceiling by leading reserve units or comfortably fitting alongside the aforementioned top three.

Title Odds: +3600

• Like 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Reddish has exploded with 16.2 points and a 44.0 three-point percentage. As a dynamic three-and-D threat, Reddish can raise Atlanta's ceiling by leading reserve units or comfortably fitting alongside the aforementioned top three.

I like this part. 

Hey, have I told you guys that Cam 19’ jersey is sitting in the closet, a smedium can be yours, I’ve worn it once and looked at myself in the mirror, Cam looks better in it. :cray2:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, terrell said:

Harden has 11 freethrow attempts at halftime...

Had more in this game than he had in all previous games combined.  Either things are getting back to order OR these refs didn't get their copy of the NBA memo!!

😜

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

There’s been too much settling on offense so far. Fifteen percent of the Hawks’ shots this season have been long 2s, the second-most in the league. They’re in the bottom six of 3-point attempts and last in the league in accuracy at the rim. .......Nate McMillan and the players seem to think it’s just the Hawks needing to build chemistry, which is understandable considering the starting five of Trae YoungBogdan BogdanovicDe’Andre HunterJohn Collins and Clint Capela barely played together last season because of injuries. It also could be Bogdanovic, Hunter and Capela haven’t been great offensively so far. Capela’s efficiency has been brutal and his rim protection hasn’t been great; Bogdanovic hasn’t been able to fully get into a groove and Hunter hasn’t been as aggressive as he needs to be, though he’s been an elite on-ball defender thus far.

Huerter went 2-of-3 from 3 against the Pistons. He is 0-of-15 from 3 in every other game. After going back and watching all of Huerter’s 3-point attempts so far this season, his consistency with his mechanics looks to be an issue right now. He’s falling backward on his shot attempts coming off of screens where his body is falling side-to-side instead of rising straight up, he’s taken a few difficult stepback 3s where he could’ve just stepped into the shot instead and there are instances where he’s just not square with the rim.

I don’t think it’s panic time for Huerter yet. He’s had a few of these stretches in his career where he just can’t buy a bucket, and it would be a surprise if he didn’t get out of this rut soon. What was more surprising was him only playing 14 minutes Thursday night against the Wizards.

Coming into the season, Huerter was higher in the pecking order than Reddish, but the latter has been the better player thus far.

• Thanks 1