• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

A lower body injury is the worst thing to happen to him. He is going to have a hard time of getting into playing shape.

...and that additional weight is not good for an injured foot. They should have him get to a desired weight before he plays: diet, exercise and conditioning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...and that additional weight is not good for an injured foot. They should have him get to a desired weight before he plays: diet, exercise and conditioning.

He’s eating like he’s still active. If he doesn’t alter his eating habits he will be Oliver Miller soon. Who is on this kid’s team? Who manages him, he needs to fire them right away, unless it’s him, then he needs to look inside himself because this is a waste if he eats his way out.

And… kg will be right. :cray2:lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, terrell said:

Brian Snitker leaving Tucker Davidson in to start the third Grimacing face He didn’t look good all game, and his spot could’ve been nicely pinch-hit for in the second...smdh

Snit continually proves he makes questionable in game decisions.  Results are all that matter so most will just point to consecutive division winners and now a trip to the WS, but I've never been a believer in Snit.  I think they win in spite of him.  

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What does this say about the offense that Nate is running?

He's gone away from a pick and roll heavy offense, and has relied on a more midrange heavy offense. Not enough people trying to attack the rim, nor enough guys trying to put up threes. Nate has to seriously reconsider if this is really the direction that the team's offense should be heading towards, because the offense over the last few games has been terrible, and as a result, it seems to have seriously affected the effort our guys are putting in on the defensive end.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Snit continually proves he makes questionable in game decisions.  Results are all that matter so most will just point to consecutive division winners and now a trip to the WS, but I've never been a believer in Snit.  I think they win in spite of him.  

This is a terrible comment.  He's made some great decisions that have lead to them getting to the world series.  Fans act like they can do a better job, but don't understand the nuances of the game in the same manner as someone who has been doing this for 45 years.  If he was so bad, they wouldn't be in the world series.

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What does this say about the offense that Nate is running?

Go back to what you were running last year.  I'll give them time to see how it plays out, but it's def concerning right now.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We seem to have the most perpetually banged up group of 21-24 year olds i've ever seen.   

Trae and JC are hearty.  Seems like at least two of Cam, Huerter, Hunter, and OO are dealing with injuries problems at any one time and sometimes it is all four of them.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We seem to have the most perpetually banged up group of 21-24 year olds i've ever seen.   

I’m curious, how come nobody was injured daily in the 80’s and 90’s? Like Nique missed an entire season due to a MAJOR injury.

Okongwu, somewhat the same here but what the heck is going on with these youngsters? I have a couple theories:

1. The new diet sucks. They are saying milk is bad for you, ya ok maybe but I used to drink 8 glasses a day and I have strong 💪🏾 bone (s). :indifferent:

2. Load management: Like it’s too much isn’t it? If you train your body to be in reserve mode and rehab mode, you’re not fighting the daily battle and grind, isnt that where the body, mind get good, from repetition in games? 

3. I blame Kelly Clarkson. :wacko:

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m curious, how come nobody was injured daily in the 80’s and 90’s? Like Nique missed an entire season due to a MAJOR injury.

Okongwu, somewhat the same here but what the heck is going on with these youngsters? I have a couple theories:

AAU ball might be a factor.

Kevin Durant noted playing a higher pace is a factor. 

• Like 2