• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

45 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Chiming in to note: go on ahead and assume it won't be Jokic lighting us up in a few days.

I can't decide which Green will be the Hawks Killer on Thursday. Jamychal or Jeff?

~lw3

Morris had it coming. I don’t even know what happened and I don’t know which Morris but either had in coming since the Suns Hawks game in Atlanta in 2015. They screwed up Thabo and Pero. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Morris had it coming. I don’t even know what happened and I don’t know which Morris but either had in coming since the Suns Hawks game in Atlanta in 2015. They screwed up Thabo and Pero. 

Yep.   It's overdue.   But this is going to be a great year for guys like morris, lowry, paul.  Refs going to be looking the other way more than ever as they manhandle guys and claim their tough.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep.   It's overdue.   But this is going to be a great year for guys like morris, lowry, paul.  Refs going to be looking the other way more than ever as they manhandle guys and claim their tough.

If things keep escalating with the chippy stuff, the longer it goes, things will get to a boiling point.....then the refs will try to reign it back in.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

this is a great look at the initial foul

yea, the only person in danger of getting hurt on that play was Jokic who could've easily had a rib broken by that cheapshot.  Two hand shoving a guy in the middle/top of his back is not going to result in an injury unless he is standing on a ledge.

• Moderators

Said it on the other thread, but Morris has been a dirty player for a while and this was not something that happened in isolation.  I do this myself in sports where I play very clean and don't look to hurt anyone but if you keep grabbing me and taking cheap shots at me to gain an advantage I'm going to do something very overt like Jokic did.  If shoving and grabbing are allowed then let's just shove in a very overt way instead of throwing elbows quietly.  I don't celebrate this because the game should be clean but I very much get it on a personal level.  And if Morris thinks he can get away with this stuff without retaliation coming at some point then he is living in a dream world.  Morris was ejected for this but wouldn't have been without Jokic blowing it into a bigger issue.  He does stuff like this all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

clutch-my-pearls.gif

This matches what we're seeing.  3rd in mid-range is inexcusable.  We do not have LMA or KD or anyone that can justify it.  Cam and Hunter seem to be the worst offenders.  Bogi and Heurter have fallen in love with it as well.  Someone has to educate Nate on how bad long 2s are... you can hit them at all-time elite clips and it will never be better than even above-the-break 3s.  And I'm not talking about end of shot clock find some space long 2s.  I'm talking about the ones we seemingly run plays for and the ones we constantly settle for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01  Come get your fake tough Heat guys.  :laugh1:

Was that the Incredible Hulk in a suit before them?  Must've been since they were clearly there to fight and not to photo opp. 

Guy must've hd the strength of 10 men considering he was able to single-handedly stop them all.

'Cause .... I mean how was he able to stop all them toughies without superpowers?

Friggin fake toughs.  Look at the fear in Bam and Lowry's faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3