• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

21 hours ago, terrell said:

Depth can be a secret sauce in the regular-season. It fosters competition. But such competition -- and hovering contract situations -- can build stress that manifests in minor shot-chasing.

That could be infecting Reddish, jacking about four pull-up jumpers per game -- well above his career average.

Reddish has made only 30% on career pull-up 3s, and 33% of pull-up 2s -- not enough to justify inside the arc and hoisting with plenty of time on the shot clock:

Reddish has 10 assists in 12 games. It's hard for any perimeter player to record so few dimes.

The Hawks have scored 117.3 points per 100 possessions with Reddish on the bench, and 95.9 when he plays -- larger than the gap between the league's best and worst offenses.

That's not all on Reddish, of course. Atlanta's bench mob lineups are pretty punchless. But it's somewhat telling that Atlanta's offense with Reddish has been about as bad regardless of whether Young is out there too, per http://nba.com.

And ya'll want to start this guy?

I think it's gonna take at least 20 more games before people will acknowledge that his career statistics reflect what his future performance will be.  That's what is great, eventually you have to perform and we'll know if Cam can turn it around.  I think he can play better, but still not as good as the fantasized version of Cam.    

Edited by Final_quest

21 hours ago, terrell said:

Depth can be a secret sauce in the regular-season. It fosters competition. But such competition -- and hovering contract situations -- can build stress that manifests in minor shot-chasing.

That could be infecting Reddish, jacking about four pull-up jumpers per game -- well above his career average.

Reddish has made only 30% on career pull-up 3s, and 33% of pull-up 2s -- not enough to justify inside the arc and hoisting with plenty of time on the shot clock:

Reddish has 10 assists in 12 games. It's hard for any perimeter player to record so few dimes.

The Hawks have scored 117.3 points per 100 possessions with Reddish on the bench, and 95.9 when he plays -- larger than the gap between the league's best and worst offenses.

That's not all on Reddish, of course. Atlanta's bench mob lineups are pretty punchless. But it's somewhat telling that Atlanta's offense with Reddish has been about as bad regardless of whether Young is out there too, per http://nba.com.

We were better last year when Cam started than we are right now with him on the bench. 

• Like 1

Is Cam an issue this year? I would say yes but he's not the issue. When you are in four of our bottom 2 man lineups. That's a problem compared to Solo who is in 7 of our 12 best two man lineups. I don't hold those lineups with much grain because so few games are played in the best lineups while a lot are played in the worst. It's hard to say, he's in some of the best lineup lists for us and some of the worst. I did see something that stood out. Kev/Bogi with Trae/JC/Clint is a +10.5 as starters. Nate's stubbornness not starting Kev and Bogi could be our biggest issue. 

Wright/Dieng/Hunter/Reddish are a +3 together. The biggest issue with Cam and Capela is they tend to be paired at the worst times. 

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is Cam an issue this year? I would say yes but he's not the issue. When you are in four of our bottom 2 man lineups. That's a problem compared to Solo who is in 7 of our 12 best two man lineups. I don't hold those lineups with much grain because so few games are played in the best lineups while a lot are played in the worst. It's hard to say, he's in some of the best lineup lists for us and some of the worst. I did see something that stood out. Kev/Bogi with Trae/JC/Clint is a +10.5 as starters. Nate's stubbornness not starting Kev and Bogi could be our biggest issue. 

Wright/Dieng/Hunter/Reddish are a +3 together. The biggest issue with Cam and Capela is they tend to be paired at the worst times. 

John is 14th in overall RAPTOR.  Nobody else in the Top 100.  We just got The Baptist and some guys right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

John is 14th in overall RAPTOR.

Not sure exactly what that means but JC has been the only one giving 100%.. we need like 4 or 5 more guys to get involved as hard, ideally the whole team needs to join JC’s one man show. @Peoriabird Your boy is earning his paycheck.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure exactly what that means but JC has been the only one giving 100%.. we need like 4 or 5 more guys to get involved as hard, ideally the whole team needs to join JC’s one man show. @Peoriabird Your boy is earning his paycheck.

Energy. Urgency. Toughness - need the rest to join in.

.......and in my Steve Holman voice...for the love of God, leave the refs alone and get back on defense.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

There we go. We need some hungry folks to step in and light a fire like Goodwin did last year. 

Skyhawks don't play until Friday.. Hawks are home all week.. I don't think this means they're gonna get playing time or anything unfortunately...

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

There we go. We need some hungry folks to step in and light a fire like Goodwin did last year. 

That would require Nate to actually take a chance on them and give them some run. I'm not confident in that.

I'm not surprised they're back. There were no real practice days on the road trip for them so it made sense for them to stay and play with the SkyHawks whose next game is on the Friday the 19th so they'll have some practice days with the big club and be available to play.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, terrell said:

Cam needs to go to the G-league or the end of the bench. It's early but it's clear he's not ready for the 6th man role. 

51 minutes ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

Cam needs to go to the G-league or the end of the bench. It's early but it's clear he's not ready for the 6th man role. 

You can argue that all of our wings need to be in the Gleague. Kev, Bogi, Hunter, Cam, and TLC

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He and Gallo seem to get their misses out of the way then turn it on after all star break. I dunno why but they both get really hot 🥵 late and start out like crap.

I hope so because it's been uuuugly.

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can argue that all of our wings need to be in the Gleague. Kev, Bogi, Hunter, Cam, and TLC

Can't argue with that. None have distinguished themselves as a reliable 3rd option or even a 6th man candidate.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Anybody else monitoring this Ayton situation in PHX?

If they don't want 'em, we should be keepin' an eye out.

#Ayton2A_Town?

Wish we had some ... insiders ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479bwga4ihgzaaphth4i

to query.

Trae + Ayton.. wow.

Look I love Capela with Trae, and JC is a natural fit with Trae..

Ayton.. could be a different level.

Having said that, individually I love watching JC waaaay more than Ayton, but if Ayton can put rings on our fingers faster I’m in.

• Like 3

Nets are getting embarrassed by GS.. lol.

Warriors got #2 pick previous year,  2 lottery picks the next, and are a Championship contenders once again without any of those players contributing........smh....

Something doesn't seem right about that...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1